Hot Toys: - MMS156 - Captain America The First Avenger Official Specs and Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You're dead to me. :(

dawson_crying.gif

I saw to movie the other day, the USO costume favoring the comic look, looked like a joke. I know they must have done it on purpose. The Rescue outfit was OK, but didn't make him look like a recognizable Captain America to me. The last suit was great, in some earlier picture I hated it, but after seeing the figure, and the movie, I can't wait for this figure.

Unfortunately, I can't afford two Thors, two Captains, and two Black Widows so even after Avengers comes out I'll just be sticking with the WW II Captain. I would like to get a MK IV or MK VI Ironman to replace my original MK III, but all I can afford to do is trade right now and I'm getting no takers on what I have to offer. :dunno

Ordered one last week (now I need to start making room on an already thickly stuffed shelf). I think the costume looks great (especially close up and in person). I think they nailed this piece right on. Seeing it at CCSD made my decision.

I saw to movie the other day, the USO costume favoring the comic look, looked like a joke. I know they must have done it on purpose. The Rescue outfit was OK, but didn't make him look like a recognizable Captain America to me. The last suit was great, in some earlier picture I hated it, but after seeing the figure, and the movie, I can't wait for this figure.

Unfortunately, I can't afford two Thors, two Captains, and two Black Widows so even after Avengers comes out I'll just be sticking with the WW II Captain. I would like to get a MK IV or MK VI Ironman to replace my original MK III, but all I can afford to do is trade right now and I'm getting no takers on what I have to offer. :dunno

The only thing I'll probably order double is Cap. There's no way I'm missing out on the WW2 outfit, I know I'll regret it. And the Avengers is too cool to pass on. Everything else, I'm sticking to my current Thor and Mark 4.
I highly suggest upgrading your IM with Mark 4 or 6. I had the Mark 3 and its such a HUGE upgrade. I waited for a long time cause I thought in pictures, the difference is just slight, but it isnt.

On a side note, I saw Cap for the 3rd time last weekend. The girl I'm dating is normally into Indie films so I was shocked when she said she wanted to see Captain America. I was like, you dont have to twist my arm, lol.
3rd time and the movie is as good as the first time I saw it.

Man I really hope there arent any problems with Cap when he is finally released, like bad stitching or some bs or the shield melting or his damn helmet deteriorating or leaking or some bull_____

Not sure if this is posted yet, but newsarama has a full body shot of modern captain america

CapAvengers1.jpg

I dunno, I think the WW 2 costume looks better than the modern costume....suddenly, Im thinking of just grabbing the WW2 cap instead!

The WW2 suit was more realistic compare to the modern one though it's more faithful to the comics.. Let's see the final output in the film :D

Yeah, I'm not crazy about this new suit either. But I'm willing to give it a chance and wait to see how it actually looks onscreen and in action.

I think there is something goofy looking about this pic.

I found another pic with Cap looking a bit less goofy.

captain_america.jpg

I think the Cap suit still looks good. But if I get this one as well, I think I'd rather have him looking like this:

chris-evans-the-avengers-2012-01.png

That's if they include an Evan's head sculpt :D

Last edited:
I think the main problem is that the helmet is too tight, making evans' ears stick out like a sore thumb. Should have used the WWII helmet which already looks great.

Shoot, not loving the full reveal based on the stills. Hopefully it grows on me or looks much better in action. I think as fit as Evans is he might need to be even bulkier to pull off the tighter suit. The spandex-clad Cap in the comics had more of a John Cena physique.

The baggier outfit in CA:TFA looks much more badass, IMO.

captain_america.jpg

captain-america-first-avenger-movie-photo-10-550x405.jpg

Somehow the red and white stripes on the avengers outfit remind me of a cartoon popcorn bucket. Lol.

Back