Hot Toys: - MMS156 - Captain America The First Avenger Official Specs and Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My changes...

show the ears
add a brown or silver chin strap
have the red and white stripes go all the way around his back
change belt to brown

Still not bad, like Nova said, it'll look fine on screen. Just hope the toy looks good too next to his WWII XD

Edit: I can see why they chose not to use browns though. My guess is they wanted to have a unified colour scheme(blue, red, silver) with the big 3(Thor, IM and Cap)

The only changes I would like to see are black belt and less blue on the arms, much prefer the white sleeves down to the gloves, rather than just the bicep covers

Not really feeling the new costume look, but it will probably grow on me once I see it in action. But, if I could only choose one I'll happily stick with the WWII look I've got on order.

So I know a few people on the board said HT's will most likely make another cap from the Avengers movie, but I'm kinda scared this will be the only Cap offering and I don't want to miss out. Do you guys think there will be another Cap or is this all we're getting? I'm thinking I'm just going to pre order him anyway. I could always sell him down the line for at least what I put into him, but still.... with all these releases coming up I've got to draw the line somewhere. :lol

When I saw the first images of the HT Cap, I was stunned-
and also a bit worried, that the movie wouldn't be all that great.
I'm VERY happy that the film was excellent, so now this figure is a must buy.

So I know a few people on the board said HT's will most likely make another cap from the Avengers movie, but I'm kinda scared this will be the only Cap offering and I don't want to miss out. Do you guys think there will be another Cap or is this all we're getting? I'm thinking I'm just going to pre order him anyway. I could always sell him down the line for at least what I put into him, but still.... with all these releases coming up I've got to draw the line somewhere. :lol

They say another Cap.. You mean like those other two Expendable figures we were suppose to be getting?

My changes...

show the ears
add a brown or silver chin strap
have the red and white stripes go all the way around his back
change belt to brown

Still not bad, like Nova said, it'll look fine on screen. Just hope the toy looks good too next to his WWII XD

Edit: I can see why they chose not to use browns though. My guess is they wanted to have a unified colour scheme(blue, red, silver) with the big 3(Thor, IM and Cap)

Hmmm...I like the brown better I think...

Copyofcaptain_america.jpg

I had hoped this would have came with a Chris Evans head sculpt but I guess we might get that with the Avengers one. Oh well got this one on pre-order and awaiting his arrival :D.

I like it, at least it looks like captain America.
Not some burgundy and dark blue ____ festival of a costume (Snyder I'm taking to you)...

Love the WW look but this is a cool update IMO.

I like it, at least it looks like captain America.
Not some burgundy and dark blue ____ festival of a costume (Snyder I'm taking to you)...

Love the WW look but this is a cool update IMO.

Oh god I know don't even get me started on how horrible the Man of Steel Superman suit looks ugh.

Oh god I know don't even get me started on how horrible the Man of Steel Superman suit looks ugh.

I don't understand why DC has butchered the most iconic superhero costume ever for the reboot. Well, this is the wrong thread for that discussion.

I am very happy with this Hot Toys Captain America figure. It will be my first HT purchase. And from reading many comments it does seem to be one of the best looking they have made so far. HT has even fixed the shield now so it is proper size. The only complaint that can be placed now is not having a second head without the mask. However to me this looks more like Evans than the Sideshow PF..

Back