Hot Toys: - MMS156 - Captain America The First Avenger Official Specs and Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Captain America is a life-long Boyscout. He always comes prepared, And with a Super-Soldier enhanced Wang he'll be carrying these...

t_magnum_l_12box2.jpg

Hey, I carry those...

Here is my wip comic WWII cap just for fun.

9c238463.jpg

Have to paint the helmet and then weather him, but he's coming along I think. Only need a shield after that. And a few minor touches here and there, but you get the idea.

Why are people talking about Superman in the CA thread and Batman in the Superman thread. :cuckoo:

LOL.. You're right.. It's just all three are coming out with pre-orders at the same time. So talking about all three makes sense in comparisons etc which leads to off-topic nonsense..

Just a little side by side with the HT and SSC PF. It should be noted that the exclusive PF will have a more accurate shield displayed on his other arm. It looks like both companies did a fantastic job.

sdcc2011_sideshow_hottoys_6.jpg
sdcc2011_sideshow_marvel_10.jpg

Both pieces are very impressive in person. To say I'm looking forward to having both would be an understatement to say the least. Any 1:6th collection or PF collection is only enhanced by buying both pieces.

Edit: One of the best things about the PF is the sculpted part does give a nice look as if it was cloth. It was something you really had to get up close to tell the difference.

Last edited:
Always thought it was strange they sculpted the top half ..if hot toys can tailor it at 1/6 then sideshow should be able to do it at 1/4!:dunno:cuckoo:

..seriously must get around to ordering this guy!:panic:

The entire torso on the PF is sculpted.

To me, the HT figure is the hands-down winner. I still can't get over the pose & default shield on the PF. But cool to those that are happy with it.

Can't wait for the 1:6 figure, and hoping they make a USO/Rescue version as well.

The entire torso on the PF is sculpted.

To me, the HT figure is the hands-down winner. I still can't get over the pose & default shield on the PF. But cool to those that are happy with it.

Can't wait for the 1:6 figure, and hoping they make a USO/Rescue version as well.

I agree , hot toys Cap is much better the pf imo, and i find it's the opposite for Thor ..love the Thor pf, hate the hot toys figure!

Which part is sculpted Josh?

As was said above its the torso thats sculpted but its hard to tell as I said. I do know there was a proto done that was all cloth but thats something we may never see until they do something for charity in the future.

So which is more impressive for those who saw both at the con?

IMO they were equally as impressive. Its no fair to compare a 1:6th figure and a PF to be honest at least not from my POV. The Cap HT figure was one of the best 1:6th figures at the show I thought. Its really detailed in the outfit from the small stitching to the quality of the material used. The PF is amazing because of its sheer size and detail that really stand out. Both pieces as I said above are going to enhance a collection.

Back