Hot Toys: - MMS156 - Captain America The First Avenger Official Specs and Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What the hell is wrong with Supermans new suit? The new film is gonna be the best superman film ever made. How can't it be when all previous movies have been ____e?

No one will ever be better than the Christopher Reeve Superman :lecture

Stuff Reeve. The 'original' films are so boring and terribly acted. Snyder will breeve some new life into the famous superhero. To date no film has done the hero justice:lecture

No one will ever be better than the Christopher Reeve Superman :lecture

If you're in your 50's George Reeves is the best Superman.
If you're in your 30's Christopher Reeve is the best Superman.

I for one fall into the 30's category and I 100% agree with you that nobody will be able to portray Superman in the same league as Chris Reeve did. The first 2 films were the best superhero films to date I had ever seen and they still hold up today very well. Granted 3 and 4 weren't in the same league as the first two however Chris's soul was put into each just the same.

Captain America was a great movie and the special effects were amazing. However as much as I liked the film, it cannot compare to Superman I and II. Not even Spiderman II or The Dark Knight come close. I do like the first 89 Batman as I remember seeing that in the movie theater when I was a kid too. All the sequels since up until Dark Knight were lame because they kept getting more and more childish.

What Captain America was missing was heart. The relationship between Rogers and the love interest should have been handled better. That is part of why Superman works so well, you can really feel the love Chris and Margot had for each other on screen. The chemistry wasn't there for Brandon and Kate B. on Superman Returns.

This new Superman Man of Steel looks to be a special effects extravaganza, however if the story doesn't have the chemsitry between Lois and Clark down, it will not work in my book.

Stuff Reeve. The 'original' films are so boring and terribly acted. Snyder will breeve some new life into the famous superhero. To date no film has done the hero justice:lecture

Breathing new life shouldn't mean making drastic changes for silly reasons. The costume now looks like the same rubber material every other superhero uses. It seems all the superheroes shop at Edna Mode's parlor from the Incredibles..lol..

Oh god I know don't even get me started on how horrible the Man of Steel Superman suit looks ugh.

Agreed. Everybody knows what Superman is supposed to look like. Changing the suit will simply be a distraction not letting original fans get into the movie. In the back of my mind I will be going.."Hey, Superman forgot to put on his underwear, he must have been in a hurry to get to the battle.."..lol Also, the actor they picked looks like the guy from Fantastic 4 as well as the suit color with a cape. The new actor is shorter than Dean Cane in real life. 6'1 while Reeve's was 6'4.. I don't know but the casting could have and should have been better too.

Chris Evan's I hate to say it would have been a better choice to play the new Superman now that I've seen Cap. The guy on Chuck that is Chuck's sisters brother would have been a better choice. Awesome is his name on the show. I think he was runner up to Routh for Returns. That guy would have made a better choice..Oh well. enough ranting.

Last edited:
If you're in your 50's George Reeves is the best Superman.
If you're in your 30's Christopher Reeve is the best Superman.

Reeves was the best Clark Kent, Reeve the best Superman.:lecture

At least we don't have any argument about the best Steve Rogers/Captain America:)

At least we don't have any argument about the best Steve Rogers/Captain America:)[/QUOTE]

That's because we all know it was Matt Salinger. :) Chris Evans wasn't fit to carry his plastic ears....

Any chance we get a USO/Jailbreak Steve Rogers?

Give him the cheezy USO show costume with the triangular shield, then an alternate costume (pants, boots, jacket, helmet) for the scene in which he rescues Bucky? Maybe even add an unpainted shield as a bonus?

Any chance we get a USO/Jailbreak Steve Rogers?

Give him the cheezy USO show costume with the triangular shield, then an alternate costume (pants, boots, jacket, helmet) for the scene in which he rescues Bucky? Maybe even add an unpainted shield as a bonus?

Yeah i want that version too,actually...I would choose that over the final CA costume.I am not a big fan of CA,but i liked the movie and liked the Rescue mission outfit more.

The one thing Snyder will bring to the new Superman movie for sure is slow motion action scenes. The action scenes will definitely be on a much grander scale.... but he won't come close to the heart of the first films. Because that heart was Chris Reeve. He is Superman.

Oh, and to keep it on topic, I too would love a rescue CA. While I loved the USO outfit, I really wouldn't want a figure of it. I think the new CA will be my favorite Hot toys figure to date though.

I agree with those who said the blue belt kills it

captain_america_mod.jpg
[/IMG]

Back