Hot Toys: - MMS156 - Captain America The First Avenger Official Specs and Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Think these are the only HT figures I have on order.

1. Captain America
  2. Iron Monger
  3. Mark V
  4. Supes
  5. Stealth Iron Man with Book
  6. Iron Man with Gantry
  7. Mark II Unleashed
  8. Symboite Spidey

Nice list there Josh. Well except for the Stealth IM (since I'm not really fond of IM's alternate armors) I'm planning to get them all too. :hi5:

Nice list there Josh. Well except for the Stealth IM (since I'm not really fond of IM's alternate armors) I'm planning to get them all too. :hi5:

Thank ya! Well, I'm an Iron Man junkie so it has to be mine to keep my Iron Man streak going. Plus I like the different looks of his armor anyways so it works out. I'm happy with what I have on order and if it works out I might even add the 89 Joker and Batman but things will have to fall into place.

Thank ya! Well, I'm an Iron Man junkie so it has to be mine to keep my Iron Man streak going. Plus I like the different looks of his armor anyways so it works out. I'm happy with what I have on order and if it works out I might even add the 89 Joker and Batman but things will have to fall into place.

Yeah, it's a must for you judging by your good old avatar itself.

I'm sure adding those '89 version of Batman & Joker in your collection will be great but your will be done of course. :)

Btw, I recently sold my Mark III BD cause of the inevitable fading in crotch & neck area plus the ugly body proportion. I guess I'll just stick to the reg. Mark III w/c by far more impressive in terms of accurate paint app & proportion.

Yeah, it's a must for you judging by your good old avatar itself.

I'm sure adding those '89 version of Batman & Joker in your collection will be great but your will be done of course. :)

Btw, I recently sold my Mark III BD cause of the inevitable fading in crotch & neck area plus the ugly body proportion. I guess I'll just stick to the reg. Mark III w/c by far more impressive in terms of accurate paint app & proportion.

This is true. :lol

Yeah, I'd love to add them and they would improve what I feel is a pretty good HT Comic book collection. Just gotta figure out how.

Dang :( I have not had that problem at all with any of my Iron Man figures. I've heard its because people changes the poses all the time s the oil in the skin does something or it could be in direct light.

Hey Josh,
Do you have all of the HT Iron Men?
I, II, III, IV, VI, Mech Test, IIIBD, III Silly Thing, IV Secret project

I am missing III Silly Thing. It is too expensive to pick up now.

Yup, every version of the armor made so far I've managed to get. Had to go back and get the GMG Mark III cause I was an idiot and skipped it initially but didn't pay much over retail when I did get it.

This is true. :lol

Yeah, I'd love to add them and they would improve what I feel is a pretty good HT Comic book collection. Just gotta figure out how.

Dang :( I have not had that problem at all with any of my Iron Man figures. I've heard its because people changes the poses all the time s the oil in the skin does something or it could be in direct light.

Really? No issues @ all in your IMs? Wow, good for you. Actually, mine's still an MIB & never displayed so I really say it's inevitable. So far my Mark III BD has the only issue out of all my IMs so I sold it already before it gets worst. The only downside on it is that Iron Monger won't have a partner anymore. :(

Really? No issues @ all in your IMs? Wow, good for you. Actually, mine's still an MIB & never displayed so I really say it's inevitable. So far my Mark III BD has the only issue out of all my IMs so I sold it already before it gets worst. The only downside on it is that Iron Monger won't have a partner anymore. :(

Yeah, they all still look the same color all over the figures. I don't move them much or have them in direct light so that may be why. Thats odd then. I don't know why they would do that could be something in the paint with certain batches? Well, you can always say its the start of the fight with the Mark III.

Since we are going a bit off topic and showing what some of us have pre-ordered from Hot Toys. I'll say with myself just starting out I probably have too much pre-ordered for a person who starting out but I've kicked myself so much for not starting sooner because I have missed out on getting quite a few good Hot Toys figures. I'm becoming so ____ about collecting these that I even made a spread sheet using excel lol. Anyways here is my list.

Captain America
Alice (Resident Evil Afterlife)
Superman (Christopher Reeve)
Batman - Bruce Wayne (Batman Begins)
Iron Man 2 Mark V
Babydoll (Sucker Punch)
Batman (1989 Batman)
The Joker (1989 Batman)
Iron Man 2 Mark II Armor Unleashed Ver. (Exclusive)

The only ones I've been debating on maybe canceling is Alice and/or Babydoll. Since I've been reading about how bad the head sculpt for Alice is I might cancel her but for now I keep her on pre-order and Babydoll I want because I really enjoyed Sucker Punch a bit and she was my favorite character. The only other thing I need to figure out is how I plan on displaying these guys. My room is not the most adequate size for having space to display stuff. Right now the best place I have any room to display stuff is on my dresser. I have been reading about these display shelves you can get at Ikea but I read that they keep selling out so fast or they have been discontinued so I don't know what to believe on that but I am sure I'll figure something out cause I so want to display these awesome pieces. Okay that is all.

Yeah, they all still look the same color all over the figures. I don't move them much or have them in direct light so that may be why. Thats odd then. I don't know why they would do that could be something in the paint with certain batches? Well, you can always say its the start of the fight with the Mark III.

I guess so. A lot of collectors I've known have the same issue on the same figure so I really think HT did a subpar in terms of paint app on the rubber part of the armor. :(

Thanks for that reassurance dude. Yeah, I could deal w/ that. :hi5:

Anyway, hope yours will stay perfect & won't have any issues in the future. :wink1:

I do recall reading several posts about it. Just sucks really for such a nice item to have those issues.

No problem. :duff Gonna make a sweet pair for sure.

Thank ya! :duff

Since we are going a bit off topic and showing what some of us have pre-ordered from Hot Toys. I'll say with myself just starting out I probably have too much pre-ordered for a person who starting out but I've kicked myself so much for not starting sooner because I have missed out on getting quite a few good Hot Toys figures. I'm becoming so ____ about collecting these that I even made a spread sheet using excel lol. Anyways here is my list.

Captain America
Iron Man 2 Mark V
Babydoll (Sucker Punch)
Batman (1989 Batman)
The Joker (1989 Batman)

The only ones I've been debating on maybe canceling is Alice and/or Babydoll. Since I've been reading about how bad the head sculpt for Alice is I might cancel her but for now I keep her on pre-order and Babydoll I want because I really enjoyed Sucker Punch a bit and she was my favorite character. The only other thing I need to figure out is how I plan on displaying these guys. My room is not the most adequate size for having space to display stuff. Right now the best place I have any room to display stuff is on my dresser. I have been reading about these display shelves you can get at Ikea but I read that they keep selling out so fast or they have been discontinued so I don't know what to believe on that but I am sure I'll figure something out cause I so want to display these awesome pieces. Okay that is all.

i have around 10 on pre order also thinking about canceling mark 2 unleashed

Captain America
Iron Man 2 Mark V
Babydoll (Sucker Punch)
Batman (1989 Batman)
The Joker (1989 Batman)

I've got all the same except no Alice, Joker, or Mark II, but i have got Jake Sully, Jack Sparrow and Shadow Pred.

I'm considering cancelling this figure or Babydoll.

While were off the topic:

DX Indy
DX Burton Joker
DX Burton Bats
DX Jack Sparrow
Cap'n A
The Only Superman
Classic Predator

While we're on the pre-order discussion...
I really want the Cap, but I'm tapped out on pre-order funds right now. Im hoping I'll be able to get it a bit later.

Right now I'm looking at this:
DX Jack Sparrow
Batman/Bruce Wayne
Classic Predator
DX '89 Batman
DX '89 Joker

Back