Hot Toys: - MMS156 - Captain America The First Avenger Official Specs and Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No man. Captain America doesn't take place in a blue state. :rolleyes2 No seriously. I'm not looking to start a political war here, although that is a specialty of mine. Lets leave it at this. I don't like alot of modern movies because of the content, the way it is portrayed, the complete classless acting of today's "actors", etc. There are some of course I do like, but overall I prefer older movies as well as shows. That is my personal belief. You guys can feel as you wish and I'm not attacking you. I'm glad from the research I'm doing plus what sam said it appears overall this movie wasn't impacted very much. I will eventually see it and I truly hope I enjoy it.Now that the interlude is over.....I like the mix of the classic suit along with a 1940s touch that still has a modern flare.

Your political view obviously play a big part in how you see things. I can respect that. But when I go to the movies I don't go in worrying about what the filmmakers political agenda may or may not be. I go in hoping to see a well made, entertaining movie.

I do think it's funny that political wars are your specialty. :lol

I'll just leave it at that. :)

Your political view obviously play a big part in how you see things. I can respect that. But when I go to the movies I don't go in worrying about what the filmmakers political agenda may or may not be. I go in hoping to see a well made, entertaining movie.

I do think it's funny that political wars are your specialty. :lol

I'll just leave it at that. :)

That's a fine point and I respect you for that as well. The reason I say political wars are my specialty is just because since I was young history and politics have been a field of study for me and I don't really fall on either side. I have alot of reservations about the far left but I also do of the far right. But in the end we're all just a pice in the greater cosmos.

And I my freind will leave it at that as well.

The Dude Abides! :cool:

@badrat Batman 89 have been my grail figures ever since I got into this hobby. I think both figures are absolutely stunning. Cap is too, but Batman 89 for me is the bees knees.

That's a fine point and I respect you for that as well. The reason I say political wars are my specialty is just because since I was young history and politics have been a field of study for me and I don't really fall on either side. I have alot of reservations about the far left but I also do of the far right. But in the end we're all just a pice in the greater cosmos.

And I my freind will leave it at that as well.

The Dude Abides! :cool:

@badrat Batman 89 have been my grail figures ever since I got into this hobby. I think both figures are absolutely stunning. Cap is too, but Batman 89 for me is the bees knees.

:duff

I will just add that I love seeing movies like this on the big screen. It really puts you in the center of the action. Plus I like seeing stuff blow-up bigger than life. :lol

Nothing more boring, or predictable, than a movie coming out and a bunch of conservatives proclaiming it a vehicle for left-leaning ideologies and propaganda. Don't like it, don't watch it. Works for me and the Murdoch press.

:duff

I will just add that I love seeing movies like this on the big screen. It really puts you in the center of the action. Plus I like seeing stuff blow-up bigger than life. :lol

I don't mind it here and there, but it was just never a massive draw for me. If I can grab a friend at some point maybe while its still there I'll go see it. Either way it's on my watch list.

P.S. Nothing more boring or predictable than a movie coming out and a conservative voices a different opinion and that triggers malice because it differs from others even though the open exchange of ideas is part of our political/social freedoms....at least for now. :wave

Last edited:
I like to revisit this tread just to be reminded how awesome this figure looks. I can't wait to have it in hand.

UrnVp.jpg

what a fine piece of art

what a fine piece of art.

Absolutely. I understand why they went with that shield which looks amazing, but it would have been cool to have his original one too. But that doesn't take away from the fig at all. I'm gonna have an impressive superhero shelf come early next year. A couple Iron Mans, a few Nolan Batmans, Reeve Superman, Cap, and batman 89! Can't WAIT!!!!!:yess:

if they'll ever make it (i'm hoping), the rescue cap will have that shield.

yup. awesome year for our shelves next year. murder to the wallet.

not complaining.

I have kept up with him in the comics until recently and I like the idea behind him but quite frankly I don't trust a company like Marvel aka Disney to do proper justice to a traditionalist conservative leaning hero since their agenda is the opposite. I will rent the movie on good ol netflix when it comes out. If I like it then I'll be pleasantly surprised and admit I was wrong. Other than Iron Man 1 I haven't liked any other marvel hero movie they've done so since it only takes like 2 months for a movie to hit dvd as opposed to the old vhs days of waiting multi months for release I think I can hold off a little longer.

As someone that leans conservative they did fine. Captain America may have always worn the flag, but he's rarely been used for specific political arguments. Remember that the "real" Cap would have been an art student in college in NY in FDR's America. He would likely have been a 1940's lefty. Politics have changed so much though in the intervening decades that it is unlikely he would fit in well with either modern American political camp.

The big problem I had with the film was simply that he never actually fought any Nazis. Ironically, the Red Skull is the only one in the film who actually kills a Nazi (two of them), and by separating the Skull from Hitler, the kinda made Hitler an ally (in an enemy of my enemy sort of way). I doubt that was something they were thinking of, and it never made it on screen, and I can understand that they wanted villains that were a little safer, more PC, and less dated, but they could still have kept the Red Skull loyal to Adolf.

As for Steve Rogers, they did a fantastic job. By showing us the "wimpy" Steve, ready and willing to stand up to "bullies", even when he knew he would get his ass kicked, they add a depth to his character and understanding for the audience that keeps him from being too dull. He in not a man without conflict - it is just that his conflict is with the evil in the world and those who will not let him fight it.

As someone that leans conservative they did fine. Captain America may have always worn the flag, but he's rarely been used for specific political arguments. Remember that the "real" Cap would have been an art student in college in NY in FDR's America. He would likely have been a 1940's lefty. Politics have changed so much though in the intervening decades that it is unlikely he would fit in well with either modern American political camp.

The big problem I had with the film was simply that he never actually fought any Nazis. Ironically, the Red Skull is the only one in the film who actually kills a Nazi (two of them), and by separating the Skull from Hitler, the kinda made Hitler an ally (in an enemy of my enemy sort of way). I doubt that was something they were thinking of, and it never made it on screen, and I can understand that they wanted villains that were a little safer, more PC, and less dated, but they could still have kept the Red Skull loyal to Adolf.

As for Steve Rogers, they did a fantastic job. By showing us the "wimpy" Steve, ready and willing to stand up to "bullies", even when he knew he would get his ass kicked, they add a depth to his character and understanding for the audience that keeps him from being too dull. He in not a man without conflict - it is just that his conflict is with the evil in the world and those who will not let him fight it.

Thanks for the info D. I agree that you probably could not put Cap into any modern political camp and I wasn't trying to. I just wanted to make sure he was not forcibly put INTO a political camp which obviously unlike 90% of everything else made by Disney/Marvel today this movie seems to indeed lack that issue. If that is the case then I am sure it will be enjoyable.

Of all my preorders for this year (Mark II Unleashed, Superman, Batman Begins and the ones I have already received) this is what I'm looking forward to the most.

Of all my preorders for this year (Mark II Unleashed, Superman, Batman Begins and the ones I have already received) this is what I'm looking forward to the most.

My list from most excited about to..well..most excited about :lol

#1. 89 Batman
#2. 89 Batmobile (even though not announced yet :slap)
#3. 89 Joker
#4. Cap (was previously #1 before official announcement of 89 Batman)
#5 CR Superman

#1. 89 Batman
#3. 89 Joker
#5 CR Superman

Yeah, you see... Cap even topples my expectations for the Batman and the Batmobile. He stands in second on overall expectation of figures previewed so far though, with Iron Monger in first place.

Thank ya :duff

#1. 89 Batman
#3. 89 Joker
#5 CR Superman

Think these are the only HT figures I have on order.

1. Captain America
  2. Iron Monger
  3. Mark V
  4. Supes
  5. Stealth Iron Man with Book
  6. Iron Man with Gantry
  7. Mark II Unleashed
  8. Symboite Spidey

Think these are the only HT figures I have on order.

1. Captain America
  2. Iron Monger
  3. Mark V
  4. Supes
  5. Stealth Iron Man with Book
  6. Iron Man with Gantry
  7. Mark II Unleashed
  8. Symboite Spidey

Did you order some of those at SDCC? What's the price on Stealth Iron Man w HT Book?

Just stating I'm looking forward to those. Nothing on the Stealth with book. That one was a total mystery item to everyone.

Back