Hot Toys - MMS173 - Predator 2: 1/6th scale City Hunter Predator Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rock on!!! Those pics look awesome. Final sideshow payment next week. Can't wait to have Predator 2 in my collection.

Got mine today. Overall I like him. I enjoy looking at him just like I do my other Predators. With his mask on, he screams P2.

I have a few minor complaints:
The wrist blades are SUPER tight and you can really cut yourself trying to pry them in and out.
My mask seems to have some noticeable turquoise smudges on it. (See pics).
Lack of a good grasping left hand.

But he looks like a badass and that's all I really ask of my Predators haha (at least the Hot Toy ones). I have my NECA Preds when I want to see accuracy.

CH5_zps04c397be.jpg

CH4_zpsadb54f04.jpg

CH3_zps9492a340.jpg

CH2_zpsb72d5a02.jpg

CH1_zps477253b3.jpg

The BIO mask is so perfect ! I'm loving this thing ! I can't stop fooling with him ! Watching predator 2 tomorrow . Just ordered predators sound track on amazon . Gonna make a cool video !

Got mine today. Overall I like him. I enjoy looking at him just like I do my other Predators. With his mask on, he screams P2.

The wrist blades are SUPER tight and you can really cut yourself trying to pry them in and out.

But he looks like a badass and that's all I really ask of my Predators haha (at least the Hot Toy ones). I have my NECA Preds when I want to see accuracy.

CH5_zps04c397be.jpg

CH4_zpsadb54f04.jpg

CH3_zps9492a340.jpg

CH2_zpsb72d5a02.jpg

CH1_zps477253b3.jpg

nice pics cant wait to pick up all these preds very ,very soon.:clap

Some people may know that I am hardcore Pred fans and completist and never I have skipped even single pred figure. But somehow this one hasn't catch my attention at all. Even after the release I don't have the urge to own him.. I don't know why.. On the other hand, despite hurt feeling of reissuing Scar pred, I still PO him with no hesitation at all..

CH1_zps477253b3.jpg

Damn! Ok forget the cancellation I'm keeping this guy. I've never liked P2's helmeted look as much as his helmetless look, but you just made me jump over the fence there. :yess:

i'm so confused:(

Yeah mine has those blue smudges too, it took me a while to notice them. It did really show itself till i used white led light. I assume it their attempt at weathering cuz it's all over the place, his gauntlets, leg armor, mask, and the upper armor too. It's does bother me on the mask cuz it's my favorite thing about p2, but it's only noticeable under white light. Normal light and it's fine.

The lack of left hand does suck, the paint of the bd arm could have been better, and his spear hand doesn't grip very firmly. Still the best p2 i could buy.:yess:

I think he looks pretty good, they've definitely used the stunt P2 head for reference though.

The wrist blades are the AVP style ones which curve. The P1 and P2 blade extenders housed in the guantlet were always straight. I found this annoying as it made the hands really difficult to move because the blades keep getting in the way. It would be much better if the blades were completely removable like the super predators. More accurate too.

Really disappointed with the selection of hands, especially no relaxed ones that we got with classic, the rest of them just kind of look a bit odd. We need someone from the community to sculpt new ones, along with an articulated skull and spine trophy, might get round to something like that someday :)

Yeah mine has those blue smudges too, it took me a while to notice them. It did really show itself till i used white led light. I assume it their attempt at weathering cuz it's all over the place, his gauntlets, leg armor, mask, and the upper armor too. It's does bother me on the mask cuz it's my favorite thing about p2, but it's only noticeable under white light. Normal light and it's fine.
so they finally made a copper sulphate feature from the movie (though poorly), and here's the comment about it: "make me unsee that".
i wonder what people would say if HT also did everything like in the movie: smooth armor texture except chest and different color scheme for the armor above the waist (copper) and below it (black).

For everyone complaining about the lack of a closed left hand to hold something...well...not sure why you can't find other ways to pose.

For this reason only > > >

Because people want to recreate the poster. People have always wanted to recreate the poster.

Such an iconic P2 pose.

Then use another hand from another Pred :panic:

It seems like such a silly reason to not like something. There are other HT Preds that have similar color patterns and the skull will cover up most of the hand anyway.

You shouldn't need to own another Predator to make up for the lack of hands on this one. This might be someones first Predator figure.

I dunno, maybe I'm nuts but I thought the first few P2s inability to copy the poster pose was a pretty glaring annoyance what with that poster being so synonymous with everyones idea of P2. Even HT itself since the packaging design was based on the poster. That the new figure still can't recreate it is mindboggling to me.

It may seem a small thing to complain about but in combination with the other stuff.....

Last edited:

:exactly: And that's really ashame that HT can't get that accuracy for the price they're asking on these figures.

Anyway, congrats and thanks for sharing the pics.

I wonder what people would say if HT also did everything like in the movie: smooth armor texture except chest and different color scheme for the armor above the waist (copper) and below it (black).

Really don't care bout the others but I'd say...

tumblr_mghehxCglx1rhvtaoo1_500.gif

Back