Hot Toys - MMS173 - Predator 2: 1/6th scale City Hunter Predator Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just hope that the new AVP predators have headsculpts that don't ____ing look like Classic's head, which is what this Predator's noggin reminds me of too much. Classic and City Hunter had totally different shaped heads up until this rendition of City Hunter. Now they are way too similar, and I feel that if Tsang does the P2 Elder, and the other predators then we can only expect the same general design.

Finally you admit that Hot Toys can improve.:clap

Yeah, but it's nowhere near as bad to me as you seem to think it is. I feel the same way you do about HT whenever NECA preds get accolades about accuracy. We all see things our own way -- we're not robots who all think and feel the same way about everything. :lol I'm not going to go by a bunch of proto pics, anyway.

I just hope that the new AVP predators have headsculpts that don't ____ing look like Classic's head, which is what this Predator's noggin reminds me of too much. Classic and City Hunter had totally different shaped heads up until this rendition of City Hunter. Now they are way too similar, and I feel that if Tsang does the P2 Elder, and the other predators then we can only expect the same general design.
Tsang strikes again.

R.I.P. Classic, City Hunter...

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ycBaekoA-zg"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ycBaekoA-zg[/ame]

The mandibles are the biggest thing for me, even though if worst comes to worst, I can accept them as they are now.

I get Lar'ja's argument that the foundational shape underneath the character-specific details is similar between Classic and P2, but I find that to be a very minor and possibly unavoidable issue. As long as what's on the surface looks like P2, I'm good, and the only thing that needs to be changed for that to happen are the closed mandibles (open could use improvement, but they're not quite as off). I don't know if a mandible resculpt could be done, so at least they could maybe tuck them in closer to the mouth like so:

predator-2-20090615030829164-000.jpg

While it still wouldn't be perfect, it's miles better than how they look now. If you'll recall, that's what happened with Berserker. His lower mandibles curved in, so Hot Toys simply bent them outward without changing much of the sculpt (if any at all). The flaps may need to be futzed with, but other than that it should be relatively simple.

As far as the AVP hunks go, their mandibles are dramatically different in that the lower teeth tuck toward the inside of the flaps on the side of their chins, instead of being positioned in front of them.

Re: Hot Toys - Predator 2: 1/6th scale Predator Collectible Figure

I just don't get why they're allowing the headsculpts to get worse when they should be getting better with every new release. Unfortunately it's just a case of Tsangs way or no way.:mad:
it's not "they".
it's buyers. including here. they all allowed that and spread ____ on several who tried to warn so they either left or shut up. now they get what they asked for and you along with them.
We all see things our own way
but when people see bad like you, it's not a way, it's a problem :)

It's a matter of opinion... I think it's great and the production version is going to be even better than some pics can ever show. It already looks 100X better than the original versions.

Sorry butters but I have to say no this time. As much as the new Predators body getting so much better but this one has inferior HS compared to old P2. I saw a pic comparing this with older one and screen from the movie. The older one got more likeness. :) Nonetheless looking forward to display this along with the P2 gang.

Sorry butters but I have to say no this time. As much as the new Predators body getting so much better but this one has inferior HS compared to old P2. I saw a pic comparing this with older one and screen from the movie. The older one got more likeness. :) Nonetheless looking forward to display this along with the P2 gang.

**Waits for the inevitable Hot Toys can do no wrong posts**

In all fairness I know for a fact that as a figure I will end up loving this. Look at Classic; he's a right mish mash of two Preds put together (and does have alot of accuracy issues depending on which Predator people want to call it) and everyone loves that figure. Unfortunately until we get P2 in hand some of us can't help but be drawn to the things that we wish were better with the prototype figure. I'm hoping that the one we see at SDCC blows us away.

In all fairness I know for a fact that as a figure I will end up loving this. Look at Classic; he's a right mish mash of two Preds put together (and does have alot of accuracy issues depending on which Predator people want to call it) and everyone loves that figure. Unfortunately until we get P2 in hand some of us can't help but be drawn to the things that we wish were better with the prototype figure. I'm hoping that the one we see at SDCC blows us away.

Is it wrong to hope they change the mandibles but not the helmet texture? I'm only saying this because the rest of the armor is also pitted beyond belief and replacing only the mask with a smooth version will look ridiculous. Not that I have anything against improving the armor (though I do really like the pitted look), but if they're going to change any of it, they should change the whole thing for consistency's sake.

Funnily enough, the right thigh armor is a reused piece and is totally smooth. :lol

Is it wrong to hope they change the mandibles but not the helmet texture? I'm only saying this because the rest of the armor is also pitted beyond belief and replacing only the mask with a smooth version will look ridiculous. Not that I have anything against improving the armor (though I do really like the pitted look), but if they're going to change any of it, they should change the whole thing for consistency's sake.

Funnily enough, the right thigh armor is a reused piece and is totally smooth. :lol

To be honest I really do hope that they fix the mandibles & smooth out the mask and armor.:D

To be honest I really do hope that they fix the mandibles & smooth out the mask and armor.:D

If they smooth out all of the armor, I won't complain. :) If it's just the mask though, I'd rather they keep it like this. Makes more sense.

Back