1/6 Hot Toys MMS200 - Man of Steel: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: MMS200 - Man of Steel: Superman Collectible Figure

Ahh... I did not keep up enough to realize that. Thanks for the explanation. Any concerns from others who have modded to ensure this doesn't happen to our modded figures? I glued securely but I guess it's still something to be concerned about.

Well for my part, the modded ones i have done have more costume under that frame. The HT proto was cut tight to the frame.
Don't panic, yours will probably be fine. Mine is glued down pretty securely, and i used zip kicker to accelerate the superglue.

Well for my part, the modded ones i have done have more costume under that frame. The HT proto was cut tight to the frame.
Don't panic, yours will probably be fine. Mine is glued down pretty securely, and i used zip kicker to accelerate the superglue.

Nice, good to know. And I realize mine looks a little crooked, but it is just because the suit got pulled sort of tightly and pulled that left side up a bit. I just need to go in and loosen and move his suit around a bit and it should be much straighter.

Nice, good to know. And I realize mine looks a little crooked, but it is just because the suit got pulled sort of tightly and pulled that left side up a bit. I just need to go in and loosen and move his suit around a bit and it should be much straighter.

Of course. It looked fine to me.

I have no interest in modding mine. Like it the way it is right outta the box, but kudos to those that are doing it.

The weird things is(And i know it's all in my head), but when you stand a modded versus unmodded one next to one another, the modded one's Shield looks bigger(And higher), the physique looks more ripped, the headsculpt seems more in scale and(Bizarrely), even more like Cavill), plus the figure generally looks more like a scale version of the Man Of Steel than the stock version.
I swear the only mods on the following images are the collar mod and the cape. Nothing else. Everything is identical figure to figure.
Here are some comparison images we took at work on friday with my Brother's modded and mine stock(Before i modded mine too):

F2DE4734-4C44-4F6A-A3F2-4E3D9F5656CD.jpg

755CD330-B07F-4FD3-8589-C23AF8E484B7.jpg

3DCB3A4B-100E-452E-A6C9-F72E9D4A5131.jpg

A6219530-6F75-4F51-B206-B2D9AA557912.jpg

42A2C9D5-EE92-44AC-BC61-B9F78B2AF0E8.jpg

The weird things is(And i know it's all in my head), but when you stand a modded versus unmodded one next to one another, the modded one's Shield looks bigger(And higher), the physique looks more ripped, the headsculpt seems more in scale and(Bizarrely), even more like Cavill), plus the figure generally looks more like a scale version of the Man Of Steel than the stock version.
I swear the only mods on the following images are the collar mod and the cape. Nothing else. Everything is identical figure to figure.
Here are some comparison images we took at work on friday with my Brother's modded and mine stock(Before i modded mine too):

I completely agree. Change a few small things and this figure just comes to life. It really is quite amazing and your pictures showcase it so well.

The no pleat thing on the custom cape is the only thing holdin me back in getting them. I'll pull the trigger once tony figure out the way how to put those pleats.

The no pleat thing on the custom cape is the only thing holdin me back in getting them. I'll pull the trigger once tony figure out the way how to put those pleats.

Looking at the cape itself, adding an extra 12mm to the collar pieces would allow the pleats to be ironed into the cape. But you'd need a small iron, lol.

*Cries* It's like how a-dev felt with the Terminator and Batman mods.

That truly is stunning!

*Cries* It's like how a-dev felt with the Terminator and Batman mods.

That truly is stunning!

Thanks. My one(the one on the left of those images), is just as modded now.
To anyone who doesn't want to mod, your MOS figure is still just as cool, and i think we can all agree it looks amazing out of the box.
But...
When you DO mod the figure, it manages to look even better.

On a similar subject, there may come a time, down the road a bit when people start selling off their MOS figures, and what might make or break a sale is whether they modded it or not.

And it might be rare to find one that never got modded!

I either have terrible luck with this figure or Hot Toys needs to step it up, because this is what I received from Sideshow this afternoon. My previous figure(from BBTS) had problems with the striping and now I get one like this. Not a good sight to come home to after work. :gah:

13388368555_f087bd1b29_b.jpg

Thanks. My one(the one on the left of those images), is just as modded now.
To anyone who doesn't want to mod, your MOS figure is still just as cool, and i think we can all agree it looks amazing out of the box.
But...
When you DO mod the figure, it manages to look even better.

On a similar subject, there may come a time, down the road a bit when people start selling off their MOS figures, and what might make or break a sale is whether they modded it or not.

And it might be rare to find one that never got modded!

I love the look of the modded version and I would love to mod mine. However, in the last year I've developed a liking for stock figures - this and the DX12 seem quite rare when not modded!

If I want to mod a part of a figure, I buy an extra part from ebay - can't really do that with MOS though!

My MOS will proudly stay unmodded :)

I love the look of the modded version and I would love to mod mine. However, in the last year I've developed a liking for stock figures - this and the DX12 seem quite rare when not modded!

If I want to mod a part of a figure, I buy an extra part from ebay - can't really do that with MOS though!

Well i bought an extra suit from a member of the UK Facebook group, and did my first mod on that one.
But the standard one is totally fine.

I agree the modded version gives it that little "extra" and it probably should have been made that way,I don't have the skill to do it, but the figure " out of the package" is still a great ! Really impressed with it . Kudos to those who do it

I either have terrible luck with this figure or Hot Toys needs to step it up, because this is what I received from Sideshow this afternoon. My previous figure(from BBTS) had problems with the striping and now I get one like this. Not a good sight to come home to after work. :gah:

View attachment 100579

Sorry to hear of your luck. SS should be able to take care of this for you, at least that's a start.

haha I'm in the EXACT same boat. I love seeing the modded ones but I just can't do it. I even got so far to reading the tutorials and watching the "how to" video that Shortround did and I still just can't do it :panic:

Back