1/6 Hot Toys MMS200 - Man of Steel: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys MMS200 - Man of Steel: 1/6th scale Superman Collectible Figure

I don't know why anyone would assume that only five minutes passed from the ship leaving krypton/Jor-el being killed to the time with Zod and his goons being cast into the phantom zone.
Lara looks quite different, and they are in the spotless council chambers(Where were shot up quite a bit during the insurgency).
It could be that weeks have passed while formal charges were brought.

Haha. BTW: you are a deity amongst mortals for writing, "Leonidas's," instead of "Leonidas'." :lecture :clap So many people, including journalists, get that wrong nowadays. :dunno

damn they don't need to be writing!
I see a bunch of people type "men/women" when they should be saying "man/woman".

it does suck, but don't let it get you down. It is amusing how people hated Superman Returns, which was a Donner retread because it was boring and unoriginal. We now have a new exciting take on the character, and some still want to complain. I love the film, and refuse to let any one dampen that for me. Can't wait for this figure. I just need HT to do Zod and Faora-Ul. I'm on the fence with Jor-El. I might pick him up, but I just don't see him as essential to the collection like Superman and the baddies.

:exactly: I does not matter what anyone else thinks as long as you loved it. There are plenty of movies that i loved that others did not. I liked MOS but it i did not love it but thats just me. I have high hopes to be blown away by MOS 2. I hope HT makes Faora and I really hope she returns in a future film.

At the end of the class a professor of mine was complaining about how there was too much violence and destruction in this movie. :lol

I'm a big fan of superman in general, but I still loved the addition of the telekinesis in the Man Of Steel.
It was a great touch.

I'm a big fan of superman in general, but I still loved the addition of the telekinesis in the Man Of Steel.
It was a great touch.

there was telekinesis?

there was telekinesis?

yep.
It's referred to as "tactile telekinesis".
We see it when superman emerges from the crater and flies for the first time. He puts his fist on the ground and particles rise up from the ground.
Also, when Zod shrugs off his armour to fly, his armour drops to the ground but levitates for a second or two, caught up in Zod's first fledgling attempt to fly.

yep.
It's referred to as "tactile telekinesis".
We see it when superman emerges from the crater and flies for the first time. He puts his fist on the ground and particles rise up from the ground.
Also, when Zod shrugs off his armour to fly, his armour drops to the ground but levitates for a second or two, caught up in Zod's first fledgling attempt to fly.

do they refer to it as such in the movie?

neither example strikes me as actual telekinesis ~ kryptonian technology (including the suit) is shown to be responsive to "commands" in a way that i guess could be a kind of telekinesis (?) (like jor-el putting his consciousness into the "system" and therefore being able to open doors), but i never took any of it like superman could hurl boulders at people with his mind. and that's what i think of when i think of actual telekinesis.

the example of the "floating" and the gravel to me was simply a reaction to the "lift" energy required for flight.

it's an interesting interpretation of what's going on there, but not one i "went to" when i watched the film.

do they refer to it as such in the movie?

neither example strikes me as actual telekinesis ~ kryptonian technology (including the suit) is shown to be responsive to "commands" in a way that i guess could be a kind of telekinesis (?) (like jor-el putting his consciousness into the "system" and therefore being able to open doors), but i never took any of it like superman could hurl boulders at people with his mind. and that's what i think of when i think of actual telekinesis.

the example of the "floating" and the gravel to me was simply a reaction to the "lift" energy required for flight.

it's an interesting interpretation of what's going on there, but not one i "went to" when i watched the film.

It's never referred to in the movie.
But it's present in the New 52 Superman comics, and with it shown a few times in MoS(In a subtle manner that people who don't read the comics may not pick up on), it's been done on purpose.
It's not full on telekinesis.

It's TACTILE telekinesis. Superman uses it to propel himself through the air, to hold things he couldn't possibly hold(It's impossible to hold a car up by it's bumper. The bumper would fall off, but with tactile telekinesis, his field keeps the car in one piece while Superman holds an edge), and to project a field around him that protects anything he's holding.
It's not a big deal. But it's there.

But it's present in the New 52 Superman comics, and with it shown a few times in MoS(In a subtle manner that people who don't read the comics may not pick up on), it's been done on purpose.

It's TACTILE telekinesis. Superman uses it to propel himself through the air, to hold things he couldn't possibly hold(It's impossible to hold a car up by it's bumper. The bumper would fall off, but with tactile telekinesis, his field keeps the car in one piece while Superman holds an edge), and to project a field around him that protects anything he's holding.

That's how I interpreted it at the movie as well. Whether Nolan, Goyer and Snyder intended it to be that way, who knows? Thought it was a cool interpretation of how flight takes place.

Tactile telekinesis came about to explain how Supes can lift an ocean liner or slow down a falling S.T.A.R. Labs facility in one piece when fans became more inquisitive about the "physics" of it all. Wasn't there a time in Morrison's run on JLA that it was explained? Probably misremembering it in my advancing years...

It's astounding to me how so many seem to not understand this. I'm not saying for a minute that if a person didn't like MOS that they're close-minded. People dig what they dig, BUT there is that segment of those that cling onto the history of a character far too firmly.

I guess that's simply part and parcel for a character of Supes caliber. Many have a huge investment in these characters that they get something firmly set in there minds, and that's how it has to be or their not happy.

There is also the issue of them not really understaning that these characters are always changing and evolving. Superman in Action Comics #1 is not the same Superman we have in todays comics. A lot has changed in 75 years. Same with Batman, same with every comic character. they are always evolving through time. Heck Ma & Pa Kent's names even change throughout history. He wasn't even brought up by them in the beginning, we was brought up in an orphanage.

Last edited:
Haha. BTW: you are a deity amongst mortals for writing, "Leonidas's," instead of "Leonidas'." :lecture :clap So many people, including journalists, get that wrong nowadays. :dunno

Leonidas' is correct. They're both correct, usually it's a lack of consistency in how the writer applies their possessives that is the issue.

Cuz this is about Superman :D

Three more weeks until Comic-Con. Maybe we will see a modified version of this figure then? Jor-El or Zod would be nice too.

That's how I interpreted it at the movie as well. Whether Nolan, Goyer and Snyder intended it to be that way, who knows? Thought it was a cool interpretation of how flight takes place.

Tactile telekinesis came about to explain how Supes can lift an ocean liner or slow down a falling S.T.A.R. Labs facility in one piece when fans became more inquisitive about the "physics" of it all. Wasn't there a time in Morrison's run on JLA that it was explained? Probably misremembering it in my advancing years...

I don't remember either!
But the TK was self evident since they showed us it at least twice. It cannot have been a mistake.

ohhhhhh. yeah, i haven't been following supes in the comics for a long while. but it does make perfect sense. i was just thinking from the perspective of the new movie alone.

TT has been used to explain Superboy's(Kon-El) powers. It gives him a different power set, but also makes him weaker than Superman. He cannot match Superman's raw strength. But it does allow him to do things Supes can't.
I do not belive Kal has or has ever been shown to have TT.

I love this new superman movie, better than IM3 :panic::panic::panic:

At the end of the class a professor of mine was complaining about how there was too much violence and destruction in this movie. :lol

Which was a valid point... it overshadows any character development.

I mean some of us want more than big explosions and buildings getting wrecked when we sit for two hours. It feels a little braindead.

Back