Hot Toys MMS233 -Predator 2 - 1/6th scale Elder Predator 2.0 Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gosh i really miss all those model kits.. I wish all the remake are the model kits too

Man i had pre orederd this guy on 1st day.. now with these changes i am out of control.. i WANT HIM NOW !!!...

my favourite change ( believe it or not ) is the adding of the sword pendant and the added Quills on his eye brows.. awesome..

:yess::yess::yess:

My favorite aspects are the P2 feet and the gauntlet changes. The gauntlets in particular make him a little more unique.

I loved the way this figure was initially but now I am totally blown away. Absolutely incredible...he's going to be my grail figure without a doubt.

I'm shocked they actually tweaked him so well and so fast! THAT'S quality.

It just makes me sad they didn't do the same with City Hunter but oh well. Looks like they learned their lesson. I prefer City Hunter with his mask on anyway. But it still would have been amazing to have an improved City Hunter face too!

Ha! I wasn't quick to visit this thread since I figured there wasn't going to be news on this for a while. Then I saw HT's Facebook post. It took a few seconds to register. A truly historical moment for HT Predators and an impressive turn around time. Wow!

Unfortunately, now I feel the same toward my City Hunter as I do toward my DX10.

Maybe since Ht moved the celtic up to next month this will actually come out in Q2/Q3 like advertised or maybe even sooner.....

Tight schedule means they want to release as much as they can b4 Asian winter holidays (the entire February).

Damn..posted a WTB for predators couple months ago and all quiet and BOOM today got three offers for ver 1's. People either need christmas funds or are really starting to dump their ver 1's :cuckoo:

I'm sure there are Freaks in here with keener eyes than mine, but it looks to me that if HT simply took everything above the eyebrows of their first head sculpt and combined it with everything below the eyebrows of their new sculpt, they'd have the perfect Elder head. And they should retain the width from temple to temple of their first sculpt; his eye line area looks narrower in the new version.

The accuracy of this new version balances the $225 price tag because this figure now looks perfect to his movie counterpart. Last week the scale was tipped against it as I felt I did not get a 100% representation for the high cost. Man this Predator is bringing SEXY back! I am feeling this figure more for $225 than SS Darth Vader for $250 ( the two figures I have interest in 2014

Would like to hear about that, in the DX10 thread I suppose.

It's just the bump in quality and attention to detail, rendering very recent releases too weak in comparison. I understand noticeable improvements over the course of several years but this is a little crazy. I'm all for improvements, but sculpting and production issues could have been improved last year with the DX10 and City Hunter. The only difference is someone didn't decide the DX10 production samples weren't up to previous standards, and someone didn't care for customer feedback on the City Hunter. Don't get me wrong though, I'm thrilled that they did show us their true potential and I hope the trend continues.

Back