Hot Toys MMS243 - 1/6th scale Captain America & Steve Rogers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I guess it's safe to assume that this will be the box art for this the STRIKE suit at least? Or will they do some kind of variant like the Bruce/Hulk 2 pack?

Bit weird though that the promo on the box would show him with his standard shield yet the set doesn't include that shield at all. Either they'll be changing it or they'll be nice about it and throw the standard one in the package. They even have an Empire magazine with Stealth Cap holding his regular shield as well on their backstage photo.

Hot-Toys-Captain-America-Winter-Soldier-Teaser.jpg

I would love it if they included a normal shield. Though I'll probably be getting one if they don't.

Bit weird though that the promo on the box would show him with his standard shield yet the set doesn't include that shield at all. Either they'll be changing it or they'll be nice about it and throw the standard one in the package. They even have an Empire magazine with Stealth Cap holding his regular shield as well on their backstage photo.

Hot-Toys-Captain-America-Winter-Soldier-Teaser.jpg

Same inconsistency with the Bane box.

I remember people being surprised about both Thors having the poncho, so it'd be awesome if they threw the regular shield in the set too. Even as another "exclusive" for the two-pack. Although that'd suck for people that only bought Cap.

I haven't seen that pic. Something to get excited over or something shown long ago I missed?

Yeah it came out right before The Winter Soldier came out while Chris, Sam, and Scarlet were all promoting the film in Asia.

I wouldn't know if they would add an extra shield though. Wouldn't that be too much money on their part to give away an extra diecast shield? Unless they just replace the battle damaged one. I think it would be nice though all the con photos and such keep showing civvie Steve with the battle damaged one. We can all hope though.

It makes no sense for them not to include both shields. I would rather them just include the regular shield if they were only giving us one.

I'm happy that there's a stealth shield with this one, I have no use for 2 classic shields after getting GA cap. It kinda makes GA cap the lil more special

Speaking of shields, I have a couple of questions: isn't the stealth shield supposed to have a bit of red in it? IIRC, the red circles were toned down in the movie, but they were still red in a muted way. The one HT is including looks like Cap gave his shield a completely new paintjob rather than just toning down the colors. And as for the battle-damaged shield, did Cap's shield ever reach that level of battle damage in the movie? I can recall it getting really dirty, but not looking like its paint was stripped off.

Speaking of shields, I have a couple of questions: isn't the stealth shield supposed to have a bit of red in it? IIRC, the red circles were toned down in the movie, but they were still red in a muted way. The one HT is including looks like Cap gave his shield a completely new paintjob rather than just toning down the colors. And as for the battle-damaged shield, did Cap's shield ever reach that level of battle damage in the movie? I can recall it getting really dirty, but not looking like its paint was stripped off.

batrocfight.jpg

Thanks for that pic! It sets my mind at ease a bit.

But what about the other shield HT is including? The outermost of the concentric circles looks almost like it was painted light blue...was that in the movie anywhere? I wish instead of that one they had included a dirty but otherwise intact standard shield, because it seemed to look like that for large swaths of the movie.

Thanks for that pic! It sets my mind at ease a bit.

But what about the other shield HT is including? The outermost of the concentric circles looks almost like it was painted light blue...was that in the movie anywhere? I wish instead of that one they had included a dirty but otherwise intact standard shield, because it seemed to look like that for large swaths of the movie.

Because HT likes messing with us. :lol

If you watch the movie, you can't even see the red showing through on the stealth shield. Well, not unless you pause it. ;)

I'd rather have a full stealth shield and a full red (normal) one, or a stealth one and the blackened one after WS shot Cap with that rocket. THAT shield looks nice.

Back