Hot Toys MMS243 - 1/6th scale Captain America & Steve Rogers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Andy Serkis is known for his Motion Capture expertise. (He was Gollum)

Yes I know, I believe Serkis's character(if there is one) is yet to be disclosed, and he also has a consulting role. However James Spader is voicing and performing the motion capture for Ultron

Yep, was front row for the AoU panel at SDCC this year.

And yes I'm bragging.

But, I also slept outside on concrete, got about 1.5 hours of sleep, and waiting in line 16 hours. So there's that.

Totally worth it, right? I wanted to go but I couldn't.

I really like Eliza, dunno why

avengerscomiccon013.jpg

I think Scarlet Witch will be one of my favourites

Well I know Serkis is in AoU, and I know that in the footage there was a part where Ultron's face moved like a human, so I was thinking that's what they were using him for. But if it's been confirmed that Spader is also doing the motion capture for Ultron then obviously Serkis is doing someone else. Also I thought I remember reading that Serkis was actually going to be in the movie playing someone (ie. not motion capture)? Not sure. I'm trying not to see too much, already. LOL

Well I know Serkis is in AoU, and I know that in the footage there was a part where Ultron's face moved like a human, so I was thinking that's what they were using him for. But if it's been confirmed that Spader is also doing the motion capture for Ultron then obviously Serkis is doing someone else. Also I thought I remember reading that Serkis was actually going to be in the movie playing someone (ie. not motion capture)? Not sure. I'm trying not to see too much, already. LOL

Well, that clears things up. :lol

Can we assume Spader will lend his voice to the character and if there's anything that requires overly dramatic or complicated movements, Serkis will be on call?
Serkis is known for organics... I imagine Ultron will move like the efficient machine he is. Not much theatrics or excess of movement. Maybe Serkis will be doing Hulk's fighting. Unless Ruffalo will be doing ALL of Hulk's mocap, then I dunno.

Nice photos Shawn! :clap

I'm not sure if he did or not, but I worked with James on an episode of The Blacklist when I came back to NY on break for a week, and he looked a lot more in shape than he did on the first season of that show, which led me to believe he might have been working out possibly for motion capture on AoU before filming of this season commenced. I can't confirm whether he did or not, but he did look leaner than when I saw him last on the show back in Spring.

Thanks man. Unfortunately for me, I was holding our seats in Hall H while my Son and Wife fought the crowd at the Marvel booth to get our autographs. She was disappointed in Spader and she said he was just "blah" even after she commented about how much she loved Boston Legal.

She also said that most of them were pretty cool, but Chris Evans was far and away the nicest one up there. :)

Oh yeah Captain America is a nice guy :lecture

People need to jump of Elizabeth Olsen train...I've enjoyed her work prior to Godzilla

I've seen a couple of her movies, but some are really weird ...

Like this movie (forgot the name) where she lives with a bunch of women in a dude's house and they all have sex all the time, shoot guns and steal stuff. WTF!?

tumblr_n9x94gZFfw1qh99mio1_250.gif

:lol

Thanks man. Unfortunately for me, I was holding our seats in Hall H while my Son and Wife fought the crowd at the Marvel booth to get our autographs. She was disappointed in Spader and she said he was just "blah" even after she commented about how much she loved Boston Legal.

She also said that most of them were pretty cool, but Chris Evans was far and away the nicest one up there. :)

James Spader difficult? I'm shocked.

jamesspader.jpg

Back