Hot Toys Movie Masterpiece 1/6 Mandarin Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can find lots of them but I’m looking for one that is closer to the movie version

Those don't look like regular Shi. Unfortunately we lump everything together as 'Foo Dogs' here in the West, but whatever they used for the Mandarin's lair appears to have the head of a Qilin and the body of something else. It's not just something the production team made up either, here's a similar design from the Forbidden City in China:

igb1.jpg

EDIT: It's a Xiezhi. Hope that helps. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xiezhi

Absolutely fantastic figure.

Shame it's for one of the several reason I didn't like IM3. What a waste of a potentially incredible movie character. He was 10 times better than the Extremis. [up until the reveal]

IM3 had the IM1 feel up until then. :slap

Try searching for 'xiezhi', 'haetae', 'qilin' and 'kirin'.

Also while it's not 100% accurate Revoltech did a Kirin figure sculpted by Takayuki Takeya.

View attachment 214960

It's probably about the right size if you're willing to compromise.

8 months ago this was going for $100...how much are they now?

I got the Amazon ones @ $24 for the pair...
9e5f7fdf6521ce9272744cb9c6b43bb7.jpg

Next to Loki Mandarin is my favorite Marvel movie villain, as ever I disagree with the notion the character was wasted in IM3. Also one of Hot Toys best sculpts. I finally changed how mine is posed from the cover photo on the box!
e3b50fd2d2cef749da07662415657068.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Awesome picture and I agree that the character was not wasted, my daughter and I love Trevor :D

I am excited to see what happens later though, after All Hail the King.

Hail to the King ranks as the second best piece Marvel has filmed, just behind Cap2. That's right, it's better than the Avengers! [emoji51][emoji106]🏻 Nothing more has to happen with Trevor or the Mandarin for me to be happy, had Marvel gone the magic rings route the character would have been as forgetful as Whiplash. If this figure had come with an alternate, wide-eyed "Bloody hell" Trevor head sculpt, life would indeed be magical.

Hail to the King ranks as the second best piece Marvel has filmed, just behind Cap2. That's right, it's better than the Avengers! [emoji51][emoji106]�� Nothing more has to happen with Trevor or the Mandarin for me to be happy, had Marvel gone the magic rings route the character would have been as forgetful as Whiplash. If this figure had come with an alternate, wide-eyed "Bloody hell" Trevor head sculpt, life would indeed be magical.

Haha yeah that extra head would have been stunning!

Back