Hot Toys Predator: Jungle Hunter 2.0

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wish they'd reissue City Hunter.

While I love the first Predator film and hold it as the best of the franchise, I've always found JH to look the most boring in figure form.

I'm not sure why, as in the film he looks great but I have avoided every single figure of any scale when it comes to JH.
But this time with an accurate head sculpt and properly painted armour. CH armour wasn't 100% brown all over. Oh yes, an accurate mask too.

But this time with an accurate head sculpt and properly painted armour. CH armour wasn't 100% brown all over. Oh yes, an accurate mask too.
I couldn't tell ya, inaccurate or not. These aren't characters that I analyzed to the smallest detail like I do with say, 89 Bat's. But that's just me.

I've never seen a City Hunter figure I wasn't visually in love with.

I couldn't tell ya, inaccurate or not. These aren't characters that I analyzed to the smallest detail like I do with say, 89 Bat's. But that's just me.

I've never seen a City Hunter figure I wasn't visually in love with.
OK but surely you'd prefer they get the armour colour right? Instead of being poop brown all over, have the gold, copper and bronze tones mixed I like the actual armour had?
The headsculpt isn't just about accuracy, it looked better on screen. Not only would an accurate sculpt be accurate, it'd look better.
Same with the bio-mask. The screen mask looks so much better than HTs inaccurate attempt.
Fair enough you don't care about inaccuracies but the thing is, an accurate CH look also just plain look better.

OK but surely you'd prefer they get the armour colour right? Instead of being poop brown all over, have the gold, copper and bronze tones mixed I like the actual armour had?
The headsculpt isn't just about accuracy, it looked better on screen. Not only would an accurate sculpt be accurate, it'd look better.
Same with the bio-mask. The screen mask looks so much better than HTs inaccurate attempt.
Fair enough you don't care about inaccuracies but the thing is, an accurate CH look also just plain look better.
I mean, nah.

I really don't care. If it's inaccurate, I'd nvr know it.

I totally understand your view on it. This just isn't a character I scrutinize to that degree, personally.

For me, especially this damn Predator, the color of his armor, the length of his tusks, the width of his dreds, the circular production of his eyes, the way his feet look, the color tone of the mask

Yeah. This is NOT the Predator I give two ***** about to that degree.

For me, especially this damn Predator, the color of his armor, the length of his tusks, the width of his dreds, the circular production of his eyes, the way his feet look, the color tone of the mask

Yeah. This is NOT the Predator I give two ***** about to that degree.
Each to their own I guess my man. All I want is just an accurate JH and CH in 1/6 scale and I’m kinda upset I never pulled the trigger on the last Hot Toys Wolf Predator

Each to their own I guess my man. All I want is just an accurate JH and CH in 1/6 scale and I’m kinda upset I never pulled the trigger on the last Hot Toys Wolf Predator
For real, I hope we we both win on this man.

When it comes to Wolf, I've always assumed it was the film he was associated with. That movie will not ever die a peaceful death.

As bad as it was (I personally enjoyed it for what it is) it had some elements that are even more controversial today than it was back then.

I'd be very surprised if any company takes on that movie. Of course, that means nobody is gettin a Wolf, either. Unfortunate.

Perhaps, and even probably - I'm way off the mark. Who knows, bro.

It would be most unfortunate if we get a reissue of JH but not eventually Wolf, Predalien and whoever else came after
I hope when this is announced they put a whole bunch of new features, new body, very close to accurate and with this new development make all new versions of the Alien and Predator figures

It would be most unfortunate if we get a reissue of JH but not eventually Wolf, Predalien and whoever else came after
I hope when this is announced they put a whole bunch of new features, new body, very close to accurate and with this new development make all new versions of the Alien and Predator figures
Bud, That film showed a pregnant woman being impregnated by an alien, who's babies devoured her unborn child, in her stomach.

You're not getting any Wolf Predator merch in 2024.

I think the heavy weaponry Wolf Predator was the 2.0 or 3.0 version so I highly doubt we’ll ever get that one again unfortunately ☹️ as bad as the acting, plot line and darkness of the movie was the Predator was done perfectly

I strongly agree JH < CH. Predator is the stronger film, but SWS had six months to create the Predator from concept to film ready suit, and it's mind boggling they created an enduring classic with that extremely limited time frame.
But they put that same effort in the year+ they had to design the CH and it shows. Absolutely gorgeous head to toe. The only creature in all of cinema that is more beautiful is Alien's Big Chap. IMHO of course.

I strongly agree JH < CH. Predator is the stronger film, but SWS had six months to create the Predator from concept to film ready suit, and it's mind boggling they created an enduring classic with that extremely limited time frame.
But they put that same effort in the year+ they had to design the CH and it shows. Absolutely gorgeous head to toe. The only creature in all of cinema that is more beautiful is Alien's Big Chap. IMHO of course.
I couldn’t agree more. I’m actually the boring type of collector that keeps everything MIB but for the predator I’ll definitely have to take him out of the box. I think even Alien will get that privilege in my books ahaha

Bud, That film showed a pregnant woman being impregnated by an alien, who's babies devoured her unborn child, in her stomach.

You're not getting any Wolf Predator merch in 2024.

My Name Is Earl No GIF

JFC!! what film was that?!?!?!
Dear god, that is horrifying - yeah, some things you probably shouldn't put on screen.

- Ah, it was AVP: Requiem - no wonder I never saw it.

Last edited:
Big Chap is peak Alien
I'm not a fan of the warrior design or any of the hybrids. Ruins the mystique of the creature. I'd love a new Big Chap figure too

Agrée for a new Big Chap from Hot Toys.
Anyway, Hot Toys should base their new JH on this head sculpt, then we can move forward.
Fun fact the Elder Predator in Predator 2 was actually the Jungle Hunter suit with extra details added on to after to give a different Predator look. I think they should also use that same sculpt and tweak it back to JH

Back