Hot Toys Predator: Jungle Hunter 2.0

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What the hell. You're blowing my mind right now.
:lol I think it's something we all felt the effect of, but couldn't place. I didn't consciously realize what it was until Prime 1 recreated that expression.

1722528938775.jpeg

Normally I'm not a fan of companies using other collectibles as reference (and Prime 1's Jungle Predator is a bit too stocky from some angles), but the benchmark for portrait accuracy was definitely raised here. They even picked up on the mandible fangs overlapping. The top left (our left) tucked behind the bottom-left. The bottom-right pointing inward. When this bust first released, it was thought to be a QC error!

I think it's something we all felt the effect of, but couldn't place. I didn't consciously realize what it was until Prime 1 recreated that expression.

View attachment 717437

Normally I'm not a fan of companies using other collectibles as reference (and Prime 1's Jungle Predator is a bit too stocky from some angles), but the benchmark for portrait accuracy was definitely raised here. They even picked up on the mandible fangs overlapping. The top left (our left) tucked behind the bottom-left. The bottom-right pointing inward. When this bust first released, it was thought to be a QC error!
They should 100% copy the Prime 1 Studio stuff. They'd still get it wrong in all kinds of ways but it'd be 90% closer than a repainted Classic Predator :lol

:lol I think it's something we all felt the effect of, but couldn't place. I didn't consciously realize what it was until Prime 1 recreated that expression.

View attachment 717437

p6g0mE8.gif

said this action figure man to the statue man

We need to start adding dates to the titles of these threads......

All these 2.0 and 3.0 figures are getting confusing.

I don't think they're going to release anything. They just want us to know they still have the rights and they COULD. They're sick of all us gnats buzzing around requesting Aliens and Predator and Terminator and they just want to remind us that Hot Toys giveth and Hot Toys taketh away.

I don't think they're going to release anything. They just want us to know they still have the rights and they COULD. They're sick of all us gnats buzzing around requesting Aliens and Predator and Terminator and they just want to remind us that Hot Toys giveth and Hot Toys taketh away.
Be optimistic my friend, Hot Toys has been pulling random stuff out of their ass lately so hopefully this is one of them 😂

I suspect like the T-800 they are testing the waters and waiting to see what the response is on here and the other 1/6 groups. I'd say from the vigorous debate that if they invest in proper upgrades both figures would be a huge success for the company. Plus if they ignore too long, Inart will step in and capitalise so it's as simple as that.

Maybe its a good thing this and the Terminator hasn't been announced yet. Probably developing some new features or making them look better

46N93dh.jpeg

The next marvel film is in like 6 months. I have hope these figures will release because there’s no new marvel content for a while. Unless Deadpool is the new Ironman

I wish they'd reissue City Hunter.

While I love the first Predator film and hold it as the best of the franchise, I've always found JH to look the most boring in figure form.

I'm not sure why, as in the film he looks great but I have avoided every single figure of any scale when it comes to JH.

Back