Hot Toys Predator: Jungle Hunter 2.0

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You can RSVP through Sideshow, hopefully this means it’ll come soon. I’ve seen RSVP’s sit for years but we’ll see.

View attachment 716441
Oh dear! If a reveal is soon then chances are all we are getting is a 14 year old figure with a few slight changes.

This should have been something to be excited for. Now, it's just disappointing.

All the MJs in the thread this week

VRPlE4E.gif

All the MJs in the thread this week

VRPlE4E.gif
Don't see why you have so much faith in Hot Toys? They don't have a great track record of releasing accurate Predators. They don't even have a great track record of improving figures before release either, certainly not for franchises like Predator. Sure they might redo an Iron Man headsculpt but I'm very sceptical they'll bother improving on a Predator figure. I also have no idea what that gif is from.
We're all hopeful they'll put a better figure up for PO but HTs previous behaviour doesn't fill us with much confidence.

Don't see why you have so much faith in Hot Toys? They don't have a great track record of releasing accurate Predators. They don't even have a great track record of improving figures before release either, certainly not for franchises like Predator. Sure they might redo an Iron Man headsculpt but I'm very sceptical they'll bother improving on a Predator figure. I also have no idea what that gif is from.
We're all hopeful they'll put a better figure up for PO but HTs previous behaviour doesn't fill us with much confidence.
I, am trying to be more...optimistic in life. I've got, what - 20, 30 more years left - and my family history says I have less. Now the old Raven would've found something to complain about with this figure...But that's no way to live life! Look...at this healthy, sexy, pretty, strong Predator

Cmon people, it'll be great

I, am trying to be more...optimistic in life. I've got, what - 20, 30 more years left - and my family history says I have less. Now the old Raven would've found something to complain about with this figure...But that's no way to live life! Look...at this healthy, sexy, pretty, strong Predator

Cmon people, it'll be great
Yeah sure, who knows, maybe Hot Toys will start giving a **** about Predator for the first time ever.
We can only hope.

Oh man....

Would you gusy say that this issue was fixed in later HT preds?
Nobody has come up w/ any solution for such a frequent problem?

Doesn't look like quality improved in later preds, then.... :-(

The Predator figures bodies are extremely heavy in comparison to regular "Truetype"/regular human figures so they always have more pressure on their joints in general.

Having said that, Hot Toys could easily fix that issue by redesigning the bodies with good quality plastics (maybe metals), and better engineering in general, just from these early impressions it seems that they aren't doing anything so...

I just need the lenses on the helmet to be fixed, the colour of the armour to be more accurate and the actual head of the predator to be improved with spikes protruding out of his face. All of that plus a new body with better articulation and I’ll be happy

I just need the lenses on the helmet to be fixed, the colour of the armour to be more accurate and the actual head of the predator to be improved with spikes protruding out of his face. All of that plus a new body with better articulation and I’ll be happy
Just easier to say the whole thing needs to be fixed. :lol

Give me some rolling eye balls on this thing, then we're talking.
Ooh, it would be great to be able to capture his wonky eye. I think one of the sockets would actually have to sit slightly higher than the other for the full effect, though. They could be subtle with it, a millimeter difference, no more.

Ooh, it would be great to be able to capture his wonky eye. I think one of the sockets would actually have to sit slightly higher than the other for the full effect, though. They could be subtle with it, a millimeter difference, no more.

The predator had a wonky eye?

The predator had a wonky eye?
He did indeed.

The mask appears to fit lopsided on KPH's face, so his right eye sits high in the socket compared to the left. In some shots, it looks like the right contact is also rotated a bit higher than the other. I always thought it made him look creepier.
1722459564031.jpeg

1722459597462.jpeg

1722459812000.png

1722459703801.jpeg

Back