Hot Toys Predator: Jungle Hunter 2.0

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Curious besides the obvious like the bio mask, and probably the headsculpt dreads included, what are the inaccuracies??

And are they inaccurate to the classic too?
From what I can see just from this angle, its a reused Predators Classic Predator. If its being passed off as a 87' Jungle Hunter its way off. Here is a short list of the most noticeable things when compared to screenshots BTS photos of the 87' Jungle Hunter:

-The dreadlocks are too long and missing beads.

-The feet are not sculpted the right way.

-The blade gauntlet and wrist computer are inaccurately sculpted.

-The shoulder cannon is inaccurately sculpted.

-The belt buckle is wrong.

-The bio mask is off.

-The armor has numerous sculptural inaccuracies.

-The painting job is lazy and way off. But its factory paint and that always a given.

Its really just completely off. If its Tsang who is working on it, its gonna be his interpretation. Not something screen accurate. He is a great sculptor but a terrible at making everything accurate. He phones it in at worse or just doesn't care to be accurate in favor of what he thinks it should be. I think its a bit of both. Same reason we haven't had anything even remotely good as far as predator designs since P2. Wolf was close but it still has some of the awful AVP design influence left over on it. Like the dumb clawed shoes and the skinny telescopic spear.

NECA and Prime1 Studio have the closest 87' Jungle Hunter sculpts. While not perfect they have been the only ones that have gotten it almost 98.99% accurate to the screen.

Dutch 2.0 - Team would be great but Dillion could be a triple threat (dillion, creed & karga)…..’mon HT
predator-billy.gif

Joints arms are the worst. They look like ****.

HT could do what third party companies have been doing, provide both.
Nah. Of course they look good. They are just impractical and degrade easily, and eventually look like ****. They need articulation. Go buy a statue if you don't like seams.

Nah. Of course they look good. They are just impractical, they need articulation. Go buy a statue if you don't like seams.
I don't like statues. I'll just buy the figures that do support seamless. Never had an issue with any of the ones I have.

Again, offer both. It's 2024 and we're still letting HT get away with doing less than third party companies.

I don't like statues. I'll just buy the figures that do support seamless. Never had an issue with any of the ones I have.

Again, offer both. It's 2024 and we're still letting HT get away with doing less than third party companies.
Offer both? What are you smoking Smylo Ren? You seam to be avoiding the fact the rubber will crack and look like **** later. What seamless figures are you speaking of that are SO much better in quality? And don't come back with some clothed or armor figure. I want to see a bare armed character with as much articulation as a Hot Toys predator arm has.

Offer both? What are you smoking Smylo Ren? You seam to be avoiding the fact the rubber will crack and look like **** later. What seamless figures are you speaking of that are SO much better in quality? And don't come back with some clothed or armor figure. I want to see a bare armed character with as much articulation as a Hot Toys predator arm has.
I'm struggling to understand what you don't understand.

Swapout seamless and jointed arms. The last figure I got with visible arms was the Gametoys Cloud Strife figure. It comes with seamless arms installed and a spare interchangable set of jointed arms.

I've had the seamless arms on display for 2.5 years now with 0 signs of any degredation whatsoever, they've been posed and fiddled around with numerous times. And guess what I can do if they ever degrade or I break them..? Swap them out.

If you're fine with accepting crap then I'm happy for you, but I think we should expect more for our money. Why shouldn't we?

I'm struggling to understand what you don't understand.

Swapout seamless and jointed arms. The last figure I got with visible arms was the Gametoys Cloud Strife figure. It comes with seamless arms installed and a spare interchangable set of jointed arms.

I've had the seamless arms on display for 2.5 years now with 0 signs of any degredation whatsoever, they've been posed and fiddled around with numerous times. And guess what I can do if they ever degrade or I break them..? Swap them out.

If you're fine with accepting crap then I'm happy for you, but I think we should expect more for our money. Why shouldn't we?
2.5yrs isn't **** lmao!! Hey genius why spend all that money when in they are gonna degrade?? Seems pretty stupid. Its ironic that you are talking about accepting crap, when you clearly support the crap that is Disney Star Wars lmao. That's the pot calling the kettle black!

Why do they keep adding all those "pores" and texture on the bio masks? They did it with the City Hunter bio and now again with the Jungle Hunter. Wait for the 3.0
Iirc hot toys were the ones who prominently started the "bio masks are made of rocks" texture with the blast mark on the jungle hunter, and prime1 used it on their comic art jungle hunter as well. Good freakin' grief.

Since HT now begin using outsource artist, I wish just ask someone truly knows the anatomy of predator, Kyle, Trevor? Bad for business though, combined with the current market now, licensing fee? They could take a loss if they hire such calibre of artist

My initial reaction was disappointing. Reusing the Classic Body is a terrible idea. The Base, while nice, is still too small. In my opinion it should be wider and able to at least have the figure displayed fully on the base.

Then reading this thread I agree with other who are hopeful that this is just a placeholder/stand in for a fully revamped P1 87 Jungle Hunter. It deserves a complete overhaul and a screen accurate take.

It needs a screen accurate sculpt/biomask/armor. It needs a silicone body. Why not? Other 2.0s have gotten the silicone treatment. Bane 2.0. The new Wolverine etc. This deserves the attention of detail like those.

Knowing HT it's 50/50 shot. It could very well be released just as-is and what a shame that would be. But it could still see updates and I'm going to stay hopeful. It'll all fall on the full reveal if I end up ordering or not. I already have a great custom 87 so I'm not dying for a new P1. But I'd really love to see HT nail this for a change. And I wouldn't mind having that dio base. We'll see. 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻

Nah. Of course they look good. They are just impractical and degrade easily, and eventually look like ****. They need articulation. Go buy a statue if you don't like seams.
Statues and figures aren’t comparable.

I actually prefer statues and wish it was that simple to go buy statues instead.

The space requirements and cost of statues I just can’t personally justify. I gravitated to figures when I started collecting as they was the “cheaper” alternative and I liked the freedom to mod and kitbash as many of the characters I wanted to represent weren’t and still aren’t being made.

Back