Hot Toys Predator: Jungle Hunter 2.0

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dutch with their new seamless silicone body and metal skeleton like the latest Wolverine would be awesome.

wolverine hugh 523801-452587734-890750049755675-1642288035749743919-n.jpg

That predator armor is awfully green. Is that lighting?
Yeah it's too green
Better than not to have green at all.

1722192120523.jpeg

1722192174531.png

There may be a bit too much of it on the figure, but some is a good thing. And it would probably be more noticeable in bright light, which the convention display has.

Another shot from the film:

1722193379202.png

Wow, after all these years I didn't realize there was any green on Pred's armor.

That top pic above looks so weird to me, like a fan costume.
The film lighting does dial it down a bit. Prime 1 was clever with their armor paint, it's almost like a glaze that appears green in certain conditions, but merely tints the metal in others.

Wow, after all these years I didn't realize there was any green on Pred's armor.

That top pic above looks so weird to me, like a fan costume.
Yup. Colors looked way different on film than they do on that VHS behind-the-scenes footage.

Snagged this screenshot from Hot Toys’ event video where the colors are more muted and feels more right to me. Video quality on Facebook/Instagram is pretty terrible though; hopefully they upload it to their YouTube channel too.

IMG_6424.jpeg

Armor green is nice. As skeptical as I have been. There is a clear seam on that head on the display, so I'm 100% certain it's a production piece reused from the Classic release and they repainted the beads. Same goes for the mask..armor parts...etc. So may or may not be a placeholder after all, I just hope they don't just lazily reproduce that for this and call it a day.

Also his gloves are supposed to be different, just look at the left palm
1722194614306.png

1722194631146.png

Armor green is nice. As skeptical as I have been. There is a clear seam on that head on the display, so I'm 100% certain it's a production piece reused from the Classic release and they repainted the beads. Same goes for the mask..armor parts...etc. So may or may not be a placeholder after all, I just hope they don't just lazily reproduce that for this and call it a day.

Also his gloves are supposed to be different, just look at the left palm
View attachment 716476
View attachment 716477
Yeah. I don’t mind if they re-use some of the armor, but they need to throw out the body, head, and whatever else it takes to give something closer to the Prime 1 Statue.

Dutch with their new seamless silicone body and metal skeleton like the latest Wolverine would be awesome.

View attachment 716395
Exactly. Dutch done like this and Predator’s body done like their Carnage figure.

Come to think of it though, the Classic Predator mould would be too small alongside any Dutch 2.0 given how Hot Toys scales their male figures these days, so they really need to throw it out and start from scratch.

IMG_6431.jpeg

IMG_3759.jpeg

IMG_3758.jpeg

IMG_6430.jpeg

Last edited:
Here is what the prime 1 predators bust armour looks like, it's green, but more subtle.
Hot toys in those earlier pics reminds me of bebops shoulder armour from TMNT in the 80s

Attachments

• 20230505_151737.jpg
    20230505_151737.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_20240729-053908_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240729-053908_Chrome.jpg
    113.6 KB · Views: 0
Reserving judgement until we see the actual prototype

KmSnQvG.gif
To be fair we can only judge what they have shown so far and what they've shown us is a shockingly lazy figure.
Hopefully the actual prototype/PO version is an improvement and an actual Jungle Hunter, not the classic from Predators.
There's hope that they will make changes but this is Hot Toys, there's every chance this is the version we're getting.
Feral gets a whole new build and articulation but "Jungle Hunter" is using a body over a decade old. It's hard not to be frustrated with Hot Toys on this one.

My P2 Elder Predator had the cracked thigh joint issue too. You could actually stand the figure up if you were careful but one knock and the figure would collapse over.

Ended up selling it purely because of that, it was a great looking figure tough.
Oh man....

Would you gusy say that this issue was fixed in later HT preds?
Nobody has come up w/ any solution for such a frequent problem?

My Wolf Predator has a snapped elbow.
Doesn't look like quality improved in later preds, then.... :-(

Seeing Rzeznikk's awesome custom Predator 1 Predator in the "Classsic Predator" thread ( https://www.collectorfreaks.com/thr...edator-collectible-figure.98227/post-11041432 ) makes me incredibly sad given the fear that Hot Toys might really end up re-releasing the old Classic Predator (just with a new base). Just the issues with the headscale alone:

View attachment 716179

View attachment 716177
Does everyone agree that the JH head was so BIG? It's difficult to swallow.....
That head looks amazing w/ the spikes and all....

Thx.

Agree with you, but SW is eighties too, it gets plenty of resources thrown at it by HT because it appeals to a larger fan base.
Pred, Terminator and Alien fans, and there are a lot of us out there on many platforms (even the rpf) don't quite reach that broader appeal that SW has worldwide, so HT probably feel like they can short change us and we will still snap it up because it's something from the franchise at least. I'm looking at you Robocop 3!
But they will have to wow me to get any interest in spending a crap load of money on a reuse figure, and so far it's 'move along ' Hot toys
Much more money pushing SW than Predator. SWs is not 80s. Pred is almost 80s, only they release something from time to time, such as Prey.
We are a minority, and get treated as such by HT. If we fought back better, we would get better.

Back