Hot Toys ROTJ Emperor Palpatine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Watch the people with the simple regular Emperor get the better paintjob. That would be so HT. The "brown" eyes are definitely something HT will change as soon as they catch this.

Here's where waiting for the v2 could pay off greatly.

Lol, they’re trying to corner the French market for first reveals now too:

The guy has futzed it better so palpatine is looking a lot more spiffy here. He has accurate RotS hair as well.

Go toystv!

Watch the people with the simple regular Emperor get the better paintjob. That would be so HT. The "brown" eyes are definitely something HT will change as soon as they catch this.

Here's where waiting for the v2 could pay off greatly.

Or the v3 with slightly more pronounced ballchin veins as shown in the proto

Shame about those eyes though

V2 that you mentioned could easily be Darth Sidious ROTS, but man to me he is completely different in each movie, plus we paid a lot for this Deluxe version :gah:

They did fantastic job with Sith Ani eyes. How could they not do it the same for the Emperor ?

I would have never thought the main reason i would regret not taking foreign language classes in high school would be so i could understand toy reviews as an adult :lol

Man, that throne is really, really, nicely finished. Huge leap forward from the SSC - not unlike the whole figure :)

Your feeble eyes are no match.... wait, wait, what?

toysTV 9-24-18  (2).jpg

That Emperor's just a crazy old man.

They did fantastic job with Sith Ani eyes. How could they not do it the same for the Emperor ?

Sith Ani is a fancy schmancy limited deluxe release with proper robe length, base and all the bells.. You would think THE dark lord of the sith had the eyes done right, they're very obviously yellow in the movie when his face is out of hood shadow.

That said, sculpt looks great, think this will be better in hand like all others. esb Yoda.. esb Vader. Im not worried

Just a quick comparison with the proto. Hard to tell if it's the lighting and photography making it look softer, or if it's just the typical softer production sculpt we see with HT, but the details and wrinkles definitely don't jump out the same way as before.

Had a little play around in paint this morning to highlight the differences in the sculpts. It looks like a new sculpt to me as you can see there are lots of minor but noticeable changes which definitely change the overall look of the finished product to the prototype. The laughter lines are a different angle, the mouth, chin and eyes are definitely a different shape too. Anyway, just thought it was interesting to see the changes. I personally prefer the prototype version myself but it still looks pretty good. Hope this is useful!

palps2 edit.jpg

Had a little play around in paint this morning to highlight the differences in the sculpts. It looks like a new sculpt to me as you can see there are lots of minor but noticeable changes which definitely change the overall look of the finished product to the prototype. The laughter lines are a different angle, the mouth, chin and eyes are definitely a different shape too. Anyway, just thought it was interesting to see the changes. I personally prefer the prototype version myself but it still looks pretty good. Hope this is useful!

View attachment 427889

:rotfl

Some guy just stop me in the MTR station, he said that I made a poor choice, and that the paint job on the sculpt was substandard

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Even though it is a public holiday here, I have six hours of meetings to handle first, so I get hit with a classic question, “what’s in the box” over and over

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back