Hot Toys rubber deterioration

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've seen it on Amazon. Not sure if that's a help or not.

Thanks Chev. I looked it up on Amazon, and same as Ebay and other online merchants, shipping would be a killer -- it would be ridiculous to pay 5x the value of the item just to have it shipped here. I wish 303 would get a local distributor here, but so far there's none.

Thanks anyway! :wave

Can 303 Aerospace reverse rubber rot damage? or is it just used as a preventative measure?

Would you need to use it regularly, or just once?

I read somewhere to use it just twice a year on the figures. I used it once about 3 months ago and it definitely improved the look and still looks the same now. Make sure you also wipe it off good.

The rubber suit on my DX09 Keaton batman is already starting to deteriorate. I found a crack on the left shoulder area. It is only 2 years old. I wonder how long before it totally disintegrates.

Sorry to hear that man. What kind of pose did you had him in and how did you display the figure?

Sorry to hear that man. What kind of pose did you had him in and how did you display the figure?

and what exactly did he use to wipe the rubbers? alcohol based wipes is a no since they will suck the moisture out of the rubbers. and what kind of temperature & humidity did he put it in and whether it's exposed to environment.

So just used 303 to wipe down my OC Begins costume and the 2011 Batsuit Begins. Both look great. If they still look like that when the suits have fully absorbed i'll be proper chuffed ����

Oh great! I just bought a Hot Toys Chris Redfield body that wasn't very cheap and just found this thread.. doh!

SO do this silica gel white moisture bags really help?

The rubber suit on my DX09 Keaton batman is already starting to deteriorate. I found a crack on the left shoulder area. It is only 2 years old. I wonder how long before it totally disintegrates.

wow I thought the Keaton Batman was a different material and was issue free.

Those bags absorb moisture. If anything they'd make it worse.

Ah this is confusing! :D so is the moisture good for rubber? Too warm, dry conditions are bad? So some sort of air-tight, UV blocking cabinet is good for storage?

Also does this mean the TTM19 torso could suffer a decomposing fate?

Ah this is confusing! :D so is the moisture good for rubber? Too warm, dry conditions are bad?

So some sort of air-tight, UV blocking cabinet is good for storage?

All rubber will at some point deteriorate, though you'd expect an environment low in humidity and UV would prolong its life. You can also use oxygen absorbers like Ageless. On the point of those silica sachets, they can be useful in a high-humidity environment. My take is that these are figures to be enjoyed. Take reasonable measures but don't stress about it.

I'm just thinking about the day when my Hulk will look super ripped in the chest area, while two skinny rods poke out at the sides where his muscular arms use to be..........

Yep, good care is the best you can do. Have to admit that Dutch/Redfeild body looks dam good. Best muscular body I've seen. if his arms ever start to go I'd probably just replace them with T2/Bane plastic arms or something like that.

As for Hulk, maybe someone in the customs will make a nice set of plastic replacements ;) Is Hulks Torso also rubber?

Back