Hot Toys rubber deterioration

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, this page reached 54 pages? :dunno

I really don't know how my HT Rambo rubber muscle body figures survive.. I live in the Philippines, a very humid country. We turn on the air-conditioner from time to time, but it's not cold whenever we leave the house & leave the figures without an air-conditioner.

I try to minimize playing with them or taking them out of the cabinet, as I don't want dust to accumulate. Every month, I dust them with a make-up brush that I bought just for these.

403431766.jpg

403431768.jpg

What!? No wonder they said they had no interest in reviewing Leonidas. They disliked him so much, they got rid of him! :monkey2

I bought a brand new Chris redfield STARS version. Rubber feel really gummy lol but that is the standard feel for it.. I mean im just talking about the different in feel of it vs plastic such as iron man or wesker skin. but anyways i also got a Leonidas from Hotchixcooltoy in a trade :D and the figure is in perfect condition.
None of the two rubber body figures mentioned above has any type of deterioration... not sure why other people have issues with them, but then again I pose them as carefully as I can and I grab the arms or body parts im moving as close as i can to the join to put the less pressure on them. i really dont see any issues yet. HT instructions do mention couple of things NOT TO DO with the articulation and how to pose the figures, maybe that is something to look at before posing?

Hot Toys Deterioration?

Hey guys, I'm new here, and recently I've heard a lot about how Hot Toys products with rubber tend to rip and/or melt over time. My question is, in the Hot Toys Hellboy, Abe Sapien, and The Comedian, how persistent is this problem? Does it happen with all of them, or just some? Can it be prevented? I'm really looking to get into sixth scale toys and since these are three of my all-time favorite characters, I'd love to purchase them, but I wouldn't want to risk toys that would fall apart in a year. Any help would be much appreciated.

Re: Warning to Collectors of Hot Toys Rubber Figures

I found this picture from a collector on Facebook and reminded me of a very good tip to pass on.

531375_496757877008484_743441539_n.jpg

Other than the obvious cracked rubber (which is a whole other problem in itself), notice the two circular indents on the crotch. Thats from the Hot Toys stand "cradle" that goes between the thighs of their figures. I noticed the same indents on one of my Batman figures as well when I first got it. I wanted to let everyone know that doesn't already...with figures that have a rubber lower body such as the Batman figures, make sure that the stand cradle IS NOT touching the crotch AT ALL. The rubber is very soft and with the cradle putting pressure against it, its only a matter of time that this happens to the figure, and it wont go away after only a short time. I suggest making sure the cradle is adjusted as low as you can get it, and make sure the legs are pinched against it...as long as its not too tight.

Just wanted to help some people out that might not know this information.

:peace

What happened to batman's balls?

This issue with rubber makes me want to sell my Mars Attacks figures, so much so that i've gotten myself permission to start trading on these boards

I just don't know i really want to see them go, but either way i suppose they will

Damn you Entropy!!!!!

Yup. I don't get why they didn't just go with a sculpted joint for him. Those who don't like joints shouldn't be collecting action figures. But because they do, and whine about joints, we have the pleasure of paying $300+ for a hulk who'll be relegated to straight-arm poses. :(

I was wondering, will the sealant Mr. super Clear help preserve vinyl and rubber suits?

that's an aerosol sealant. if you NEVER plan to pose the figure, it MIGHT be ok. understand that if you move him after you spray it on, it will flake off and look like butt.

but ods are it will just desolve the rubber faster.

The BEST way to avoid rubber rot, is to send a message to hot toys, and not buy rubber figures.

Hot Toys just really needs to put an expiration date on their figures, Seriously the box should say "expires on 20__" so that people know the figures will break down and become worthless :lol

Has there been any known cases of rubber torsos deteriorating? Like the female bodies such as Babydoll, or bodies such as Indy or Bruce Lee? Of course, I realize those particular figures
may be too recent to tell, but I thought HT used rubber torso skin before those as well.

I mostly see stuff about the Batman suits but I'm having trouble finding anything about this. Thanks for any info.

I'm passing on the new Ada wong figure because it has the seamless arms and legs. I dont want to see a "blowout" in the future, or relegate it to boring poses.

I'm no rubber expert, but they are different types of rubber. I have no worries about deterioration on any of my true types. Those seem more plastic. The rubber body on Hellboy, for example, is a more cushion type rubber. That type seems like it's more vulnerable to falling apart.

Back