1/6 Hot Toys - Star Wars: The Mandalorian - Kuiil

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So happy to see this on display. Will be ordering it day 1 if HT executes.
But this isn't the first time HT has released a prototype and not followed through.

gw.jpg

I normally have doubts about HT following thru on teasers of figures but not as much on this one. They did a lot of work to make that Blurrg and want to sell as many as possible while they can and they are guaranteed a lot more sales if they put kuiil up for order.

I'm sure Kuiil will see the light of day. Personally, it's an instant preorder.

As Wor-Gar mentioned, it would make more sense to have this one sold with the Blurrg, though.

The proto looks pretty complete and ready to go. I think the goggles should be a bit darker shade of red, and I would like to see his backpack.

You think ? I thought the paint on the face didn't look done. Might have been the bright lights on him ? But normally old men figures look sharper and with more contrast than that somehow.

That cool, almost fluorescent style lighting is pretty harsh on everything. Odd choice by Sideshow for this presentation. That said, Kuill looks great. Praying to the figure Gods that he doesn't end up in figure no man's land with Baze, Bespin Han and so many others.

I was seriously considering making a custom of this guy. That scarf he has with the transferred 3d pattern was one thing which I thought I'd never be able achieve. But Hot Toys can !

I also like how the Kuiil and Blurrg bases compliment each other. Surely they'll release him with a Blurrg too.

He is the Blurrg Master after all.

Wow, loving it. But yeah - hopefully it's one that gets a fast PO and weeks don't turn into months... then years.

You think ? I thought the paint on the face didn't look done. Might have been the bright lights on him ? But normally old men figures look sharper and with more contrast than that somehow.

I'm pretty happy with him, I'm certainly not complaining. Perhaps they could have gone with a more determined looking expression.

I'm not too concerned with price, just that he hits preorder. HT has now featured pics of him front and center on their Facebook page so that is a good sign.

I'm not too concerned with price, just that he hits preorder. HT has now featured pics of him front and center on their Facebook page so that is a good sign.

Kuili is the sole reason why that Blurrg is sold separately. It is a tactic to incite people to buy both OG Mando/Blurrg + this Kuili with another Blurrg. 100% he is coming. Unless KK is somehow manage to interfere with the approval process :lol.

Kuili is the sole reason why that Blurrg is sold separately. It is a tactic to incite people to buy both OG Mando/Blurrg + this Kuili with another Blurrg. 100% he is coming. Unless KK is somehow manage to interfere with the approval process :lol.

Have to agree with this and a pretty good strategy for HT. I've been in the "I don't really need this guy" from the beginning, but seeing the pictures, he's a day one PO for me. He'll look great with OG Mando and IG-11. No interest in the Blurg though...

Have to agree with this and a pretty good strategy for HT. I've been in the "I don't really need this guy" from the beginning, but seeing the pictures, he's a day one PO for me. He'll look great with OG Mando and IG-11. No interest in the Blurg though...

Im getting the Blurrg, it is a pretty unique representation in 1/6 form from SW's creatures. Plus I believe this is the first time Hot Toys doing creature too, going to be extremely expansive in the long run...

Yes, he has a backpack.but i don't see any additional accessories like tools, etc. Seems like he is set up only for a beast ride.

Wish they did a dlx.

Back