1/6 Hot Toys - Star Wars: The Mandalorian - Kuiil

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll pick up one Blurrg, but it is ridiculously overpriced. 95% PVC, limited articulation, no actor likeness, no outfit. Yes, they had to develop the sculpt but they probably got the digital files from Lucas. That's just the reality of 1:6 collecting. In a few years it will be $500-$600 in the secondary. This may also be HT first test case for producing more Star Wars creatures. If that's the case, we may eventually see more iconic creatures like Rancor, Bantha, Taun Taun, Wampa, Acklay, Nexu, etc. They just won't be cheap.

I'll pick up one Blurrg, but it is ridiculously overpriced. 95% PVC, limited articulation, no actor likeness, no outfit. Yes, they had to develop the sculpt but they probably got the digital files from Lucas. That's just the reality of 1:6 collecting. In a few years it will be $500-$600 in the secondary. This may also be HT first test case for producing more Star Wars creatures. If that's the case, we may eventually see more iconic creatures like Rancor, Bantha, Taun Taun, Wampa, Acklay, Nexu, etc. They just won't be cheap.

Yeah, I know I will eat it and get one. Don't know if I can eat the cost of two. But d*mn a pair with Kuiil would look great on the shelf.

What annoys me is HT is probably seeing poor sales of the single Blurrg, and will decide there is no interest and cancel Kuiil.

If they told us he won't come with a Blurrg then I'd pre-order a single Blurrg right now !

If they were smart, they’d offer Kuill ONLY with the blurrg.

Which also happens to be the set that makes the most sense. In other words, Hot Toys won’t do it.

What annoys me is HT is probably seeing poor sales of the single Blurrg, and will decide there is no interest and cancel Kuiil.

If they told us he won't come with a Blurrg then I'd pre-order a single Blurrg right now !

Yup, my purchase decision on the Blurrg is just making sure Kuiil doesn't get bundled with one. However since Blurrg is up for preorder they will want to sell them, so I cannot imagine they would leave Kuiil on the table.

They better not offer him only with a blurg. I already ordered one and I don't have the room for two blurgs. That's like kicking your good customers in the groin if they do that.

See, already people who would buy Kuiil and NOT the blurrg, despite it making more sense. A barely-articulated creature for $315 alone is hardly something that NEEDS to be package with an original character. Selling ALL separately and bundled makes the most sense... but only IF you get a substantial discount for the bundle.

In this case, it doesn't look like the blurrg is selling well. So there won't be too many made. So the blurrg will be hard to come by. So the price will rise. It will be a rare piece. Which sucks for me because I would like to buy one at a discount a year after it is released.

Wait, where are we seeing Blurg sales are not doing well?

On Sideshow top sellers list. Yesterday two Ahsokas and Bad Batch were top three.

What makes you think Blurrg would be a top seller at $315? People here whine that their single doll comes with nothing and cost $285... why would a static hollow animal at $315 be a welcome purchase?

On Sideshow top sellers list. Yesterday two Ahsokas and Bad Batch were top three.

What makes you think Blurrg would be a top seller at $315? People here whine that their single doll comes with nothing and cost $285... why would a static hollow animal at $315 be a welcome purchase?

I don't think HT expects it to be a top seller. I never bought their vehicles so I don't know if those were ever high the top seller list. If it sells well, it will help Kuiil but I think Kuiil will be announced.

I do hope Kuiil will be announced but it is strange NOT to do so here now. Going by previous 'shown but not PO'd' HT figures, Kuiil could go either way now: be PO'd down the line or never see the light of day.

Being an alien like Kit Fisto with no reuse, I'd say he leans into the 'never see again' category, except at shows.

Krennic I knew would get made because he's got so much reuse. Kuiil on the other hand...

Back