1/6 Hot Toys - Star Wars: The Mandalorian - Kuiil

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If they were smart, they?d offer Kuill ONLY with the blurrg.

Which also happens to be the set that makes the most sense. In other words, Hot Toys won?t do it.

Interesting.

I would think a single kuiil (announced as a single figure coming soon) would boost beast sales which is why i pleaded tp put up a PO for this now.

Awaiting product photos and announcement for a PO?

Let's hope so...

Btw, Guy at SSC said at today's booth Q and A that they have NO additional info but would let us know of any more product details asap...

Free Nick Now.

$350 isn't that much aftermarket though. After fees and shipping you would clear $50 tops.

And it seems like nonsense to go to the trouble of making a freaking Blurrg AND a complete Kuiil prototype if you didn't intend to release him. But I'll definitely feel much better about it once preorder is official.

It's not about how much the seller gets, it's how much it is for someone to come in now and get the durasteel look. It's $100+tax over the original MSRP for them.

I'm sure you've been around long enough to know that them showing a complete prototype doesn't mean anything for when something is going to come out, I mean they STILL didn't put Clone Wars Obi-Wan up for order yet. That's basically the same situation, companion piece went up for order when they were both revealed at the same time. Still no sign of CW Obi-Wan. That would be a huge seller based on the price of the RotS Obi-Wan.

I do hope Kuiil will be announced but it is strange NOT to do so here now. Going by previous 'shown but not PO'd' HT figures, Kuiil could go either way now: be PO'd down the line or never see the light of day.

Being an alien like Kit Fisto with no reuse, I'd say he leans into the 'never see again' category, except at shows.

Krennic I knew would get made because he's got so much reuse. Kuiil on the other hand...

It's so strange. I am on the fence with the Blurrg mainly because there's no Kuiil. If I'm going to have a Bluurg, then I need a Kuiil to sit on top. To me they're pointless without each other.

It's cool they're rereleasing OG Mando for those who missed out, but the Blurrg set should have been with Kuiil.

I hope he doesn't stay in limbo.

As some have said...

This rollout is a mess. I'm okay w the mando og beast set offered, but the beast works better w a kuiil so they should have ALREADY offered the mando set AND a kuiil beast set along w a single kuiil figure.

Offering a single beast makes no sense to many collectors at this point.

Now this single beast will sit and sit until a kuiil is offered...

A few people will buy the single blurrg because at some point 5 years from now it will be $1,200 on ebay.

A lot of people with Ebay and dedicated store websites. HT can probably count on a certain number of orders from those places for every figure.

As some have said...

This rollout is a mess. I'm okay w the mando og beast set offered, but the beast works better w a kuiil so they should have ALREADY offered the mando set AND a kuiil beast set along w a single kuiil figure.

The single Bluurg is for those who have an OG Mando already. It does have a purpose, I think.

The fault in my eyes is that Kuiil just didn't launch alongside all of this.

As some have said...

The single Bluurg is for those who have an OG Mando already. It does have a purpose, I think.

The fault in my eyes is that Kuiil just didn't launch alongside all of this.

Exactly, I don't know if I was going crazy and thought Mando never rode the Blurrg himself. It's clearly for people who already have the V1 Mando. Even if we get Kuiil, I'll still be good with one Blurrg. Two is just too much.

Exactly, I don't know if I was going crazy and thought Mando never rode the Blurrg himself. It's clearly for people who already have the V1 Mando. Even if we get Kuiil, I'll still be good with one Blurrg. Two is just too much.

Also, for those who.missed out on the og and want a kuiil w beast, like me, it makes some sense. But yes ,absolutely, if you have an og and want a single beast, it makes sense.

I just think the beast really belongs with kuiil, more natural IMHO.

Anyway, if this isn't on PO tomorrow, or next week at the latest, HT would have teased a painful tease to its limits.

They better not offer him only with a blurg. I already ordered one and I don't have the room for two blurgs. That's like kicking your good customers in the groin if they do that.

That's the reason that I've held off from ordering the single Blurrg. I just want one to pose next to IG-11 and OG Mando (and Grogu...). But if they offer Kuiil only with a Blurrg, then I would pick the pair up. I'll wait a while before preordering the single, just to be safe...

As some have said...

Exactly. I just hope Hot Toys realises this......

While we sit and wait for Kuiil to never see the light of day.......it's amazing how large these Blurrgs actually are.

When you consider how large Mando is, the Blurrg is pretty damn big ! Sideshow quotes a length (from tail tip to mouth of 23.62" (599.95 mm)). I find that perhaps a bit on the generous side, but still he's a big boy !

182560294_10157993780647344_8536747871202853034_n.jpg

But the Blurrg's standing on 1" tall rock-chocks (not sure what those "lumps" under its feet are supposed to be?) Making it look a bit taller than it really is.

But the Blurrg's standing on 1" tall rock-chocks (not sure what those "lumps" under its feet are supposed to be?) Making it look a bit taller than it really is.

Yep, but I was talking about length.

I did notice on yesterdays Sideshow panel thing that they had metal pins under the feet to make sure it wouldn't fall off the stand. Wonder if that was just for the proto or what ? But it would be pretty precarious with Mando sitting on top.

If HT doesn?t put this up for preorder in the next couple of weeks it may become the cruelest full reveal tease in recent memory. People have been clamoring for it since season one and had come to grips with it likely not happening and now HT reintroduces hope. Come on HT don?t let us down!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can't imagine HT not putting Kuiil up.

The Mandalorian is currently hot property; Kuill is a named character with his own catchphrase; and it'll sell more rider-less Blurrgs when he does.

That's the reason that I've held off from ordering the single Blurrg. I just want one to pose next to IG-11 and OG Mando (and Grogu...). But if they offer Kuiil only with a Blurrg, then I would pick the pair up. I'll wait a while before preordering the single, just to be safe...

I understand but I look at it this way: Blurrg is out, they want to sell it. If they want to sell Kuiil, it would be harder to sell Kuiil if he only comes with a Blurrg. Not everyone has the space and probably 7-800 to splash. Selling Kuiil alone will surely get more sales than selling Kuiil with a Blurrg. Buyers who want Kuiil to go with a Blurg will then also buy a Blurg if they haven't already.

It's not about how much the seller gets, it's how much it is for someone to come in now and get the durasteel look. It's $100+tax over the original MSRP for them.

I'm sure you've been around long enough to know that them showing a complete prototype doesn't mean anything for when something is going to come out, I mean they STILL didn't put Clone Wars Obi-Wan up for order yet. That's basically the same situation, companion piece went up for order when they were both revealed at the same time. Still no sign of CW Obi-Wan. That would be a huge seller based on the price of the RotS Obi-Wan.

Look, you can't expect retail prices for perpetuity or goods to always be there waiting for you. When stuff sells out it goes away. Sometimes the prices rise and sometimes they fall.

That Kenobi figure is indeed strange but it's not the same situation as Kuiil. I thought they were waiting for the other Kenobi figure to sell out but that's clearly not it. I honestly don't know why they haven't released CW Kenobi because I think it would sell well. But Kuiil is another entirely different thing because HT made the Blurrg. Kuiil is far more tied to the beast than Mando is. If HT doesn't follow through with Kuiil now it would be one of the worst examples of bait and switch in toy history.

Back