Hot Toys TDKR: 1/4th scale Batman [QS001] - Full Reveal & Specs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Of course! :hi5:

Wise move then. When I had him they looked painted to me but IDK didn't pay much attention I guess? :dunno

Nevertheless, the eyes are the wrong color so if there are any professional painters out there, it would not be such a bad move to repaint the eyes and perhaps before doing that see if you can scrape them off, that we will know for sure if they are decals or if they are painted on. :)

Cheers man :duff:

Hmm maybe I just expected more after seeing how much more real the eyes look on the BD T800.

What color are they supposed to be btw? If I'm lucky enough to keep it, I may see about repainting them

Cheers man :duff:

Hmm maybe I just expected more after seeing how much more real the eyes look on the BD T800.

What color are they supposed to be btw? If I'm lucky enough to keep it, I may see about repainting them

No worries. :1-1:

They are suppose to be dark Hazel not blue. :wink1:

Hot Toys one looks more accurate but I think they might be too brown :dunno All I know is Enterbay's ones look so inaccurate.

I would pay Ebay prices for an exclusive, if I couldn't get one, if they fixed this thing. It is THAT close to being the end-all be-all Batman. They just need to fix the problems; they are incredibly important.

What do you think the chances are that they'll actually fix the issues that the DX12 had with the 1/4? I bought this thing for the sole purpose of complimenting the EB 1/4 Bats. I also put off buying a DX12 just for him. Do you really think it'll be worth the wait or just DX12 in quarter scale?

What do you think the chances are that they'll actually fix the issues that the DX12 had with the 1/4? I bought this thing for the sole purpose of complimenting the EB 1/4 Bats. I also put off buying a DX12 just for him. Do you really think it'll be worth the wait or just DX12 in quarter scale?

Well IMO I think there is no chance they will fix these problems. Why? It is because Hot Toys does not see these the problems we have with this figure as faults, despite the fact that they ruin the likeness of the sculpt. Hot Toys is just interested in just capturing the character and using gimmicks like PERS, they are not interested in producing museum quality figures with dead on likeness like Enterbay strives to achieve and usually succeeds. :(

Well IMO I think there is no chance they will fix these problems. Why? It is because Hot Toys does not see these the problems we have with this figure as faults, despite the fact that they ruin the likeness of the sculpt. Hot Toys is just interested in just capturing the character and using gimmicks like PERS, they are not interested in producing museum quality figures with dead on likeness like Enterbay strives to achieve and usually succeeds. :(

Unfortunately I have to agree with that. The fact of the matter is that Hot Toys basically holds all of the cards in their hands. To be honest, i'm much more impressed by what Enterbay does with their figures than with anything Hot Toys has done. However, in all fairness, Enterbay deals in 1/4 scale. Much easier to capture a likeness and the little details that 1/6 can't. I just hate to think that i'm a puppet and willing to shell out $500 for a 1/4 Hot Toys figure knowing it's just a direct copy of their 1/6 version that had many flaws.

Unfortunately I have to agree with that. The fact of the matter is that Hot Toys basically holds all of the cards in their hands. To be honest, i'm much more impressed by what Enterbay does with their figures than with anything Hot Toys has done.

I think most of us here are :wink1:

However, in all fairness, Enterbay deals in 1/4 scale. Much easier to capture a likeness and the little details that 1/6 can't.

Yeah but this is a 1/4 scale figure, so they have no excuse, the reason they won't change anything is because the majority of people that want these figures like how they are toys and are not looking for dead on likeness like we are. So Hot Toys is counting on those people which is the majority to buy their product and not people looking for more realistic figures with great likeness like us. :gah:

I just hate to think that i'm a puppet and willing to shell out $500 for a 1/4 Hot Toys figure knowing it's just a direct copy of their 1/6 version that had many flaws.

Yeah I know I see your point, I honestly do not how u could buy it knowing it will be just a direct copy of the DX12, which you stated you do not like. Anyway I would wait for the figure to come out, maybe it won't be so bad. :rolleyes2

Last edited:
Unfortunately I have to agree with that. The fact of the matter is that Hot Toys basically holds all of the cards in their hands. To be honest, i'm much more impressed by what Enterbay does with their figures than with anything Hot Toys has done. However, in all fairness, Enterbay deals in 1/4 scale. Much easier to capture a likeness and the little details that 1/6 can't. I just hate to think that i'm a puppet and willing to shell out $500 for a 1/4 Hot Toys figure knowing it's just a direct copy of their 1/6 version that had many flaws.

I just wouldn't want to have to do the same mods I did to the DX12, especially with this being closer to a $500 piece. If I do opt to keep it after seeing in hand pics, I intend to primarily have him posed with the sonar, maybe even on top of a Detolf to have him looking down like the Hong Kong scene. I never had a DX02 so I'm pretty happy this one includes those accessories.

Yeah but this is a 1/4 scale figure, so they have no excuse, the reason they won't change anything is because the majority of people that want these figures like how they are toys and are not looking for dead on likeness like we are. So Hot Toys is counting on those people which is the majority to buy their product and not people looking for more realistic figures with great likeness like us. :gah:

Yeah I know I see your point, I honestly do not how u could buy it knowing it will be just a direct copy of the DX12, which you stated you do not like. Anyway I would wait for the figure to come out, maybe it won't be so bad. :rolleyes2

People really like the "toy" look? I thought the whole purpose of paying so much and complaining when a headsculpt isn't spot on is because they were looking for dead on likeness. Hot Toys is counting on them and won't be disappointed. The reason i'm willing to pay knowing I could get exactly what I wasn't impressed by at sixth scale in quarter scale is because i'm a Batman fanatic. Since HT holds the license to that I have no other choice but to be a slave to the system. Either that, or miss out completely :nono

I just wouldn't want to have to do the same mods I did to the DX12, especially with this being closer to a $500 piece. If I do opt to keep it after seeing in hand pics, I intend to primarily have him posed with the sonar, maybe even on top of a Detolf to have him looking down like the Hong Kong scene. I never had a DX02 so I'm pretty happy this one includes those accessories.

Exactly bro. No mods should have to be necessary with this figure. NONE. I think that would be pretty sick to have him posed like that. I had to sell my DX02 a few months back so i'm also very happy that he comes with the sonar head. The DX02 really was a great figure.

Ditto that. Been hunting for a DX02/DX02 backpack/DX02 sonar head for a while and prices seem to have skyrocketed BAD. This is the only reason as to why I'm getting this figure.
Still though, the EB batman blows this out of the water. Blue eyes or not.

Ditto that. Been hunting for a DX02/DX02 backpack/DX02 sonar head for a while and prices seem to have skyrocketed BAD. This is the only reason as to why I'm getting this figure.
Still though, the EB batman blows this out of the water. Blue eyes or not.

The EB likeness is awesome. I love that figure and the only mod I did to was to the belt which sits terribly on him out of the box.

The thing with this one is that it was a gamble by all of us that POd or flexed. I mean we all ordered either happy with how he looked in pictures or at the shows where people saw him. Or we all just gambled that they were early protos and improvements/changes would be made. (I guess this is the same for all their figures really :) )I was a little bit of both plus I loved all the accessories they were including. I mean with HT its a little bit of blind faith and most of the time I think it pays off.

People really like the "toy" look?

I am not sure they like the toy look exactly it just doesn't matter to them, they would rather have poor likeness so they could play with the eyes. I have talked to a lot of people that buy Hot Toys and they do not care that much about likeness of the actor, they are happy if it just looks like the character and a lot of people love the PERS.

I thought the whole purpose of paying so much and complaining when a headsculpt isn't spot on is because they were looking for dead on likeness.

Hot Toys does not care about the complaining since most people buy this because it is a toy. Likeness is not what makes this price high it is all the gimmicks and gadgets that come with it and how pretty it looks.

Hot Toys is counting on them and won't be disappointed.

No they are not, they are counting on people that buy anything because it is Hot Toys. The people like us that complain about the likeness are the minority, I am sorry to say. :(

The reason i'm willing to pay knowing I could get exactly what I wasn't impressed by at sixth scale in quarter scale is because i'm a Batman fanatic. Since HT holds the license to that I have no other choice but to be a slave to the system. Either that, or miss out completely :nono

Actually Enterbay has the license to make the TDK line in 1/4 scale. I don't know why they do not choose to make TDK Batman does anyone here know? :huh:

Last edited:
I am not sure they like the toy look exactly it just doesn't matter to them, they would rather have poor likeness so they could play with the eyes. I have talked to a lot of people that buy Hot Toys and they do not care that much about likeness of the actor, they are happy if it just looks like the character and a lot of people love the PERS.

Hot Toys does not care about the complaining since most people buy this because it is a toy. Likeness is not what makes this price high it is all the gimmicks and gadgets that come with it and how pretty it looks.

No they are not, they are counting on people that buy anything because it is Hot Toys. The people like us that complain about the likeness are the minority, I am sorry to say. :(

Actually Enterbay has the license to make the TDK line in 1/4 scale. I don't know why they do not choose to make TDK Batman does anyone here know? :huh:

Fair enough. I won't argue with you on any of that. You'd know better than I would. I knew that EB had TDK license. I meant that HT had TDKR licesnse. I think it's pointless now for EB to do a Dark Knight figure. It was different when they did the BB suit. He hadn't been done at 1/4 yet. Now, if they were to do it, they'd have no choice but to compete with Hot Toys because they're doing it in 1/4 too. Not to mention that people like us have already committed to buying from HT and only the hardcore or obsessed would buy one from EB just after purchasing one from HT.

I admit that I would :(

How much would you pay for the back pack? This is not a bad price IMO.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/261176823091

Very true :lol

Not a bad price, but adding what I paid for the dx12 already, and the sonar head that I would now have to get (if I get the backpack) in order to have the full TDK look adds up in a way that getting this makes more sense....
I wish they would show some more pics of this guy. Bank funds have been set aside for this guy ever since it was up for PO at SSC....

Fair enough. I won't argue with you on any of that. You'd know better than I would. I knew that EB had TDK license. I meant that HT had TDKR licesnse. I think it's pointless now for EB to do a Dark Knight figure. It was different when they did the BB suit. He hadn't been done at 1/4 yet. Now, if they were to do it, they'd have no choice but to compete with Hot Toys because they're doing it in 1/4 too. Not to mention that people like us have already committed to buying from HT and only the hardcore or obsessed would buy one from EB just after purchasing one from HT.

I would TOTALLY pay for an EB TDK suit. Totally.

Not a bad price? :lol

A little, flat cheap plastic panel thing for close to $100.

Fair enough. I won't argue with you on any of that. You'd know better than I would. I knew that EB had TDK license. I meant that HT had TDKR licesnse.

Well the suit is nearly the same right? We just want the TDK suit Batman figure with good likeness.

I think it's pointless now for EB to do a Dark Knight figure. It was different when they did the BB suit. He hadn't been done at 1/4 yet. Now, if they were to do it, they'd have no choice but to compete with Hot Toys because they're doing it in 1/4 too.

Well people are begging Enterbay to do it on facebook because they want the squinty eyes unlike this Hot Toys one with huge eyes! :rotfl

Not to mention that people like us have already committed to buying from HT and only the hardcore or obsessed would buy one from EB just after purchasing one from HT.

I would to and sell this Hot Toys one :lol

Well the suit is nearly the same right? We just want the TDK suit Batman figure with good likeness.

Well people are begging Enterbay to do it on facebook because they want the squinty eyes unlike this Hot Toys one with huge eyes! :rotfl

I would to and sell this Hot Toys one :lol

Well, we can only hope that EB finds enough demand to not only make the suit but to listen to the consumers when doing so. You never know, HT could outdo themselves. Maybe HT 1/4 is worth having to display with sonar (negating the big eyes issue) while EBs figure nails the suit and cowl! Wishful thinking I suppose :yess:

Last edited:
Back