Hot Toys TDKR: 1/4th scale Batman [QS001] - Full Reveal & Specs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I guess I'm in the minority when I say that I find the HT DKR 1/4 figure more impressive than the BB Enterbay. Of course I'm gonna have to confirm it like everyone else by getting it in my hands considering I preordered it last year with the special edition mask. Everytime I see pics and videos of the BB Enterbay figure, I'm never impressed enough to want to spend the amount of money. Yeah, the HT DKR is expensive, but it blows me away with the pics I've seen so far. I guess this thread is just filled with a bunch of fanboys.

You may be in the minority, but you are not alone. I have the EB figures, and find the Batman somewhat underwhelming. With heavy modifications, the figure can be brought to "wow" status, but belt fixes, painting gauntlets, padding chest and shoulders, is a LOT to ask after paying $300+ for a figure. If HT addresses the cowled head sculpt, this thing will make the EB look like a poor relation.

You may be in the minority, but you are not alone. I have the EB figures, and find the Batman somewhat underwhelming. With heavy modifications, the figure can be brought to "wow" status, but belt fixes, painting gauntlets, padding chest and shoulders, is a LOT to ask after paying $300+ for a figure. If HT addresses the cowled head sculpt, this thing will make the EB look like a poor relation.

after seeing the EB figure in person (stock) i pretty much feel the exact same way.

Yeah, but which is worse? :lol

That Enterbay thing is just down right frustrating. Atleast Hot Toys will sometimes see what they can do, and if they can't they simply say, "talk to your vendor who you bought from", not,

"We sold out, no more. Go on ebay, buy more there."

Really, you're going to say that after I just bought a $400 dollar figure from you? Just tell folks that you don't have any replacement parts available, not "go out and spend more money on our products on the secondary market since the item we made, broke".

True :lol

And then to rub it off, you see their CEO flaunting Ferraris on FB :lol

My single Batman purchase paid for 80 gallons of gas for a Ferrari. :yess:

I'm gonna start a company that sells 1/6th scale Ferraris to dudes who buy Ferraris with the money they make selling 1/6th scale dolls, and then I'll buy a Lamborghini and tell the dude with the 1/6th and life-size Ferrari to go sell his life-size Ferrari to buy more 1/6th scale Ferraris on eBay when the tires fall off of his 1/6th scale Ferrari.

Is this a direct quote?
No it's not
Yup, I believe it is. Unless the person that posted it in the Joker 1/4 thread made it up.

While you sum it up pretty well, I'd say EB CS was a bit more polite about it and definitely not the butchered English you made it out to be. Regardless, that's not something a company should tell you to do. A simple "sorry, there's no more available. Check with your vedor" or something along those lines would've been better

Here's the direct quote:

Thank you for your mail and sorry for the late reply, we are sorry to hear about the issues you have with your joker figure, but unfortunately the items has already completed sold out therefore I'm afraid we don't have any extra parts for replacement and exchange, maybe you should try your luck on eBay.

Thank you again for choosing ENTERBAY's product!"

You may be in the minority, but you are not alone. I have the EB figures, and find the Batman somewhat underwhelming.

The only thing I like about it is the head sculpt, it is dead on likeness to Bale as Batman IMO. However, the eyes are painted poorly and overall it was just not really mind blowing but still good.

With heavy modifications, the figure can be brought to "wow" status, but belt fixes, painting gauntlets, padding chest and shoulders, is a LOT to ask after paying $300+ for a figure. If HT addresses the cowled head sculpt, this thing will make the EB look like a poor relation.

:exactly:

Yeah look at all the mods Maglor did to it. :eek

I think the figure is fine the way it is yet just not amazing and what Mags did was try to make it perfect.

I'm gonna start a company that sells 1/6th scale Ferraris to dudes who buy Ferraris with the money they make selling 1/6th scale dolls, and then I'll buy a Lamborghini and tell the dude with the 1/6th and life-size Ferrari to go sell his life-size Ferrari to buy more 1/6th scale Ferraris on eBay when the tires fall off of his 1/6th scale Ferrari.

:rotfl :rotfl :rotfl

No it's not

While you sum it up pretty well, I'd say EB CS was a bit more polite about it and definitely not the butchered English you made it out to be. Regardless, that's not something a company should tell you to do. A simple "sorry, there's no more available. Check with your vedor" or something along those lines would've been better

Here's the direct quote:

Thanks for clearing that up I was going to do that but didn't want to search through the pages on another thread looking for the direct quote. :hi5:

for me, the only fix I needed was the belt modification to bring it to wow status.
strangely, after saw EB 1/4 in several stores, It didn't give me "wow" feeling like I saw mine at home.
it's either the pose or the belt, or both:lol
anyway, I really hope that HT will nail the cowled batman headsculpt this time. DX 12 hs doesn't impress me.

for me, the only fix I needed was the belt modification to bring it to wow status.
strangely, after saw EB 1/4 in several stores, It didn't give me "wow" feeling like I saw mine at home.
it's either the pose or the belt, or both:lol
anyway, I really hope that HT will nail the cowled batman headsculpt this time. DX 12 hs doesn't impress me.

It will look exactly like the DX12 because they want to make it have moveable large eyes, which will make it look like a child's toy, since most people will buy it anyway regardless how it looks. I really think it is too late now to think they will fix this as it is coming out soon. Have you pre ordered this already?

It will look exactly like the DX12 because they want to make it have moveable large eyes, which will make it look like a child's toy, since most people will buy it anyway regardless how it looks. I really think it is too late now to think they will fix this as it is coming out soon. Have you pre ordered this already?
maybe it will look exactly like DX 12, but I think HT will do something to compete with EB Batman.
Regardless of what it looks like, I think I'll keep it because I want to have a 1/4 scale Dark knight batman :hi5:

I guess I'm in the minority when I say that I find the HT DKR 1/4 figure more impressive than the BB Enterbay. Of course I'm gonna have to confirm it like everyone else by getting it in my hands considering I preordered it last year with the special edition mask. Everytime I see pics and videos of the BB Enterbay figure, I'm never impressed enough to want to spend the amount of money. Yeah, the HT DKR is expensive, but it blows me away with the pics I've seen so far. I guess this thread is just filled with a bunch of fanboys.

It's ok to find the HT version more impressive, but to call anyone who doesn't a fanboy is pathetic. Actually, you are the one sounding like one when you say you don't find the Enterbay version impressive. It's ridiculous, the figure might not be perfect, but it's damn near so and extremely lifelike, unlike the Hot Toys version that looks like an oversized toy (which some people like here :slap) with messed up proportions and an awful cowl headsculpt. Don't get me wrong, I do find it impressive it's just that for me, in such a big scale, it has to be near perfect (especially in the most important area, the head/cowl).

I'm by no means an Enterbay fanboy and I doubt we have any here. My collection consists of mostly Hot Toys figures. I actually dislike Enterbay for their ****ty customer service and quality control, but the bastards know how to make good figures.

You need to get your *** over to the EB Batman figure thread and check out the photos there. It's impossible to not be impressed, it might just be that you prefer the TDK suit more.

My photos, there are much better ones than these fyi.

dsc02945v.jpg

dsc02938zd.jpg

I'm so blown away by this...:
batman5PD1343618047bGO.jpg

qsbat2.jpg

My DX12 looks much better than this figure...

It's ok to find the HT version more impressive, but to call anyone who doesn't a fanboy is pathetic. Actually, you are the one sounding like one when you say you don't find the Enterbay version impressive. It's ridiculous, the figure might not be perfect, but it's damn near so and extremely lifelike, unlike the Hot Toys version that looks like an oversized toy (which some people like here :slap) with messed up proportions and an awful cowl headsculpt. Don't get me wrong, I do find it impressive it's just that for me, in such a big scale, it has to be near perfect (especially in the most important area, the head/cowl).

I'm by no means an Enterbay fanboy and I doubt we have any here. My collection consists of mostly Hot Toys figures. I actually dislike Enterbay for their ****ty customer service and quality control, but the bastards know how to make good figures.

:goodpost:

Couldn't of said it better my self and they sure do. :wink1:

My photos, there are much better ones than these fyi.

dsc02945v.jpg

dsc02938zd.jpg

batman5PD1343618047bGO.jpg

qsbat2.jpg

My DX12 looks much better than this figure...

Ok sorry it might actually look worse than the DX12, perhaps I should of said it would not look better than the DX12 then? :lol

BTW Drac your pics are fine. The eyes aren't decals right? I am pretty sure they are painted but they should be hazel not light blue.

:goodpost:

Couldn't of said it better my self and they sure do. :wink1:

Ok sorry it might actually look worse than the DX12, perhaps I should of said it would not look better than the DX12 then? :lol

BTW Drac your pics are fine. The eyes aren't decals right? I am pretty sure they are painted but they should be hazel not light blue.

I wasn't referring to anything you said :wink1:. I just like the DX12 more.. and I'm more OK with inaccuracies at such a "smale" scale compared to 1/4th scale. Did some easy modding to it and the DX12 is almost near perfect, for me.

I don't know how they did the eyes on the BB figure, don't mind the color btw as I've edited the pictures to give them a more bluish effect so it might have changed the eye colors in the process and I also have light sources with different colors.

I wasn't referring to anything you said :wink1:. I just like the DX12 more.. and I'm more OK with inaccuracies at such a "smale" scale compared to 1/4th scale. Did some easy modding to it and the DX12 is almost near perfect, for me.

O I C Gotcha!

Maybe someone could re-sculpt the EB cowl to make it look like the TDK cowl?

I don't know how they did the eyes on the BB figure, don't mind the color btw as I've edited the pictures to give them a more bluish effect so it might have changed the eye colors in the process and I also have light sources with different colors.

You should be able to tell if they are decals. Hot Toys PERS eyes are decals which explains why the eyes are not exactly parallel on a lot of figures. I am pretty sure from what I remember the EB Batman ones look painted on and I thought the paint job for the eyes were not as realistic compared to the faceplate. Nevertheless, overall the sculpt still looks very life like!

:eek

Back