Hot Toys TDKR: 1/4th scale Batman [QS001] - Full Reveal & Specs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You should be able to tell if they are decals. Hot Toys PERS eyes are decals which explains why the eyes are not exactly parallel on a lot of figures. I am pretty sure from what I remember the EB Batman ones look painted on and I thought the paint job for the eyes were not as realistic compared to the faceplate. Nevertheless, overall the sculpt still looks very life like!
I think EB's Bats eyes are decals. they don't seem painted to me which was disappointing. I know their BD T800 has painted eyes though as they made it a point to show how they've upped their production paint apps using the BD T800 as an exmaple

PERS eyes, however, aren't decals. If I recall, when PERS was first announce HT said something about them being miniture plastic eyes similar to glass eyes.

you can see in this pic, it's not a decal. There's depth in the eye

url

Any chance Hot Toys will fix/change those small problems that people had with the 1/6 version? I remember some talking about the elbow guard and how the bat symbol on his chest wasn't lined up correctly. I think there were a few more things that I can't remember.

I think EB's Bats eyes are decals. they don't seem painted to me which was disappointing. I know their BD T800 has painted eyes though as they made it a point to show how they've upped their production paint apps using the BD T800 as an exmaple

Oh ok I guess I didn't take a real good look at it then. Thanks for clearing that up.

PERS eyes, however, aren't decals. If I recall, when PERS was first announce HT said something about them being miniture plastic eyes similar to glass eyes.

you can see in this pic, it's not a decal. There's depth in the eye

url

I don't care what Hot Toys claims because they obliviously look like decals to me, which explains why they have exactly same style and are usually misaligned. When you see the figure in real life it looks just so obvious, However, in that picture you showed me it doesn't look obvious and does actually look like they are not decals but actually painted on due to the depth like u said. :dunno

I have figures with glass eyes and the pupils do not look like stickers have been applied to the eyes like Hot Toys ones do.

I guess the only way to know for sure is break one and see if it is painted on. :slap

Last edited:
Oh ok I guess I didn't take a real good look at it then. Thanks for clearing that up.

I don't care what Hot Toys claims because they obliviously look like decals to me, which explains why they have exactly same style and are usually misaligned. When you see the figure in real life it looks just so obvious, However, in that picture you showed me it doesn't look obvious and does actually look like they are not decals but actually painted on due to the depth like u said. :dunno

I have figures with glass eyes and the pupils do not look like stickers have been applied to the eyes like Hot Toys ones do.

I guess the only way to know for sure is break one and see if it is painted on. :slap

No problem man :)

As for PERS, I mean I've had a lot of the DXs and they didn't look like decals to me, especially not when compared to the very obvious decals on their MMS figures. I could maybe believe that there might be a decal to make up some of the iris on their more current DX releases but not the entire thing just the the parts that look like sun rays (like suns that kids draw). Even now looking at my DX10 I can see the depth however it's not as clear as it is on the early DXs.

Would be interesting if someone with a possibly damaged DX head (like a DX01) would be gutsy enough to crack one of the eyes wide open but that's just crazy talk :lol

As for PERS, I mean I've had a lot of the DXs and they didn't look like decals to me, especially not when compared to the very obvious decals on their MMS figures.

Yeah I heard Superman Christopher reeve one has decals, is that true?

I could maybe believe that there might be a decal to make up some of the iris on their more current DX releases but not the entire thing just the the parts that look like sun rays (like suns that kids draw).

Yeah I am starting to think that may be why I think they are decals because of that sun pattern on the iris. :lol

Even now looking at my DX10 I can see the depth however it's not as clear as it is on the early DXs.

Speaking of the DX10 here is a good close up of the sun pattern on it. Just like you said looks like something that kids would draw :yuck

703728_10151367489184703_1978817622_o_zps9adacd1a.jpg

Would be interesting if someone with a possibly damaged DX head (like a DX01) would be gutsy enough to crack one of the eyes wide open but that's just crazy talk :lol

Oh if mine was damaged I would do it, once it is damaged no one would want it anyway, I would love to know the truth once and for all. :gah:

Got 2 payments left on this guy. Hope he hits the streets of HK on time. Really want to see some in hand pics so I can decide whether or not to keep him. I have the Ex coming too.

As for PERS, I mean I've had a lot of the DXs and they didn't look like decals to me, especially not when compared to the very obvious decals on their MMS figures. I could maybe believe that there might be a decal to make up some of the iris on their more current DX releases but not the entire thing just the the parts that look like sun rays (like suns that kids draw). Even now looking at my DX10 I can see the depth however it's not as clear as it is on the early DXs.

I dont have them to hand at the moment however I have 2 broken PERS where you can take the eyes right out and they are plastic half-spheres and definatly not decals. No idea on the MMS figures but on DX PERS, they imitate glass eyes, only plastic but they are solid as in if you scraped a blade accross the pupil, it would be like scratching plastic, not a decal which would tear up.

I think what Gipetto meant(i could be wrong) was that the inside of the DX eye has a decal for an iris.Almost like a marble,except its plastic instead of glass.Also,the EB Batman has painted eyes and the reason i say this is because each sculpt has a slight difference around the pupil on mine.Hot Toys use to paint there eyes but being that they produce almost 50000 figures per line,that would take forever to do.^_^

pick up EB DK figure as well these will go well together, im just hoping HT brings it up to scratch

I would pay Ebay prices for an exclusive, if I couldn't get one, if they fixed this thing. It is THAT close to being the end-all be-all Batman. They just need to fix the problems; they are incredibly important.

I dont have them to hand at the moment however I have 2 broken PERS where you can take the eyes right out and they are plastic half-spheres and definatly not decals. No idea on the MMS figures but on DX PERS, they imitate glass eyes, only plastic but they are solid as in if you scraped a blade accross the pupil, it would be like scratching plastic, not a decal which would tear up.
ahh so I was right!

I think what Gipetto meant(i could be wrong) was that the inside of the DX eye has a decal for an iris.Almost like a marble,except its plastic instead of glass.
No dreamstation got it right. What I was saying was if DarkAvatar so strongly believed that DX eyes are decals like the MMS figures most likely are than, if anything, there may be a decal that makes up some, but not all of the iris on the outside of the eye. However, that is not what I believe. I believe that the eyes are like miniature glass eyes but made of plastic instead
CreeemOr said:
Also,the EB Batman has painted eyes and the reason i say this is because each sculpt has a slight difference around the pupil on mine.Hot Toys use to paint there eyes but being that they produce almost 50000 figures per line,that would take forever to do.^_^

hmmm... idk, the eyes on my EB Bats do not look hand painted, not to me at least. Maybe they are, maybe they aren't. not a big deal to me as long as they look good :lol

Wow lucky someone here had a broken PERS and had the ***** to try and scratch off the paint to determine if it was a decal or actual paint.
so case closed. I can't believe I was so wrong! :slap

ahh so I was right!

No dreamstation got it right. What I was saying was if DarkAvatar so strongly believed that DX eyes are decals like the MMS figures most likely are than, if anything, there may be a decal that makes up some, but not all of the iris on the outside of the eye. However, that is not what I believe. I believe that the eyes are like miniature glass eyes but made of plastic instead

Yep it was more about proving me wrong CeeemOr not Gipetto. :wink1:

hmmm... idk, the eyes on my EB Bats do not look hand painted, not to me at least. Maybe they are, maybe they aren't. not a big deal to me as long as they look good :lol

Someone needs to take a leap of faith and resort to extraordinary methods like they did with the PERS to prove this once and for all. :lol

So Giepetto you do have the EB Batman?

Yep it was more about proving me wrong CeeemOr not Gipetto. :wink1:

All in good fun though, aye? :1-1:
Darkavatar said:
Someone needs to take a leap of faith and resort to extraordinary methods like they did with the PERS to prove this once and for all. :lol

So Giepetto you do have the EB Batman?

Haha I do have the EB Bats but I'm trying to sell him so I don't think it would be wise of me to try and find out :lol

All in good fun though, aye? :1-1:

Of course! :hi5:

Haha I do have the EB Bats but I'm trying to sell him so I don't think it would be wise of me to try and find out :lol

Wise move then. When I had him they looked painted to me but IDK didn't pay much attention I guess? :dunno

Nevertheless, the eyes are the wrong color so if there are any professional painters out there, it would not be such a bad move to repaint the eyes and perhaps before doing that see if you can scrape them off, that we will know for sure if they are decals or if they are painted on. :)

Back