Hot Toys TDKR: 1/4th scale Batman [QS001] - Full Reveal & Specs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I kinda hope so but then again I don't, I would have to pay in full once it comes out since I didn't PO right when it went up and Flex Pay'd it.

I see what you mean, Didn't have an idea how Flex works but now I see it. Yeah it would be heavy especially to those who'd also decide to get the 1989 Batmobile just now. $1200 for a couple of Batman figures in one month is... epic.

I wonder if this figure will change the popularity of 1/4 scale figures now?

That's a good question. Personally, I thought the EB battle damaged T-800 really sealed the deal for me. I don't own it but it shows the amount of detail that's possible at quarter scale. If anything, I think this will convert people who weren't fans of the TDK/TDKR suit.

EB actually just burned me out. I got so tired of the incessant teasers and Bill's cockiness that I just gave up on it before I even saw the finished product. When I did see it, I was impressed, and, at times, I was even tempted, but I said "screw it, I'm tired of this; I'm not buying this thing." So, seeing what HT delivered with this release, after seeing the updated product, I'm glad that I didn't, and I really hope that, if they actually are making a BB Batman in 1/4 Scale, it winds up as good as this one. As for EB's, I'm really impressed that I actually stuck to my guns and never bought it.:lol

EB actually just burned me out. I got so tired of the incessant teasers and Bill's cockiness that I just gave up on it before I even saw the finished product. When I did see it, I was impressed, and, at times, I was even tempted, but I said "screw it, I'm tired of this; I'm not buying this thing." So, seeing what HT delivered with this release, after seeing the updated product, I'm glad that I didn't, and I really hope that, if they actually are making a BB Batman in 1/4 Scale, it winds up as good as this one. As for EB's, I'm really impressed that I actually stuck to my guns and never bought it.:lol

Yes, very good point about the cockiness and teasers. It was quite annoying. At the same time, I can't really fault him. His competition is arguably the biggest most popular toy company in the world. Can't just go into battle with your tail tucked between your legs. Gotta hold your chin up. Stick your chest out. Put your best Christian Bale as Batman voice on and act like you're king of the hill. Now, I will say that I love my EB Bats. But basing what Hot Toys has done with this guy at quarter scale, a Begins suit would likely destroy just as much. Glad you weathered the storm. You'll be rewarded for your patience soon enough :)

27260383-FF6A-41F9-8B65-20D72B7AFA8F-34983-000003CF4F73E0EF_zpsb66cc602.jpg

Wow, they really did make significant improvements. Wish the 1/6 looked like this.

Do we have a side view of the cowl?

The only thing I like about EB Batman is the faces and cowls. I'm not impressed with the rest overall the quality can't compare to HT.

The only thing I like about EB Batman is the faces and cowls. I'm not impressed with the rest overall the quality can't compare to HT.

Really and truly, what else would be impressive about it? The suit itself isn't really impressive. The armored suit is much more intricate and complex. As long as they got it right proportion and accuracy wise what else besides the headsculpts and accessories is there?

Agree. The cheap strap in back of the utility belt always stopped me from ordering. For $375 that is inexcusable.

Really and truly, what else would be impressive about it? The suit itself isn't really impressive. The armored suit is much more intricate and complex. As long as they got it right proportion and accuracy wise what else besides the headsculpts and accessories is there?

Yup, the cheap zip tie at the back's really bad. EB could've done better. At the end of the day, though, $350-375 for the EB Batman while some DX 1/6 we're already just $100 cheaper when it came out, made me think that the value's not bad at all, unless you get one with really bad QC.

As for the TDK/TDKR suit, if EB had it released LAST YEAR, I would not trust them over HT's version. If it was announced this year I might have a different view, seeing how well the costumes on EB T800 and the update on Masked Rider turned out. Neither's as intricate as the TDK armor, alright, but costume quality's gotten better and who's to say EB can't pull it off now comparable to HT's?

Im actually throwing a party friday to celebrate this moment lol firstly because its here, secondly because its been well improved!!!

Holy cow for a moment i thought that was Bale suited up for SDCC! What an excellent figure!

I love my DX12, but this definitely looks more screen accurate. Congrats to those purchasing this!

Im actually throwing a party friday to celebrate this moment lol firstly because its here, secondly because its been well improved!!!

See? We're not always talking AGAINST a figure. We know HT can do it, but we also know that sometimes you have to rattle their cages or you'd end up getting a decent-but-could-have-been-better high-end figure for your money.

Again, it's a triumph for everyone, and I'm happy to see everyone happy about it! :hi5:

Back