Hot Toys TDKR: 1/4th scale Batman [QS001] - Full Reveal & Specs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Exactly. What else could they possibly do to an already incredibly detailed figure?

Exactly. What else could they possibly do to an already incredibly detailed figure?

I think they could have improved the cowl and face attachments. Detail mesh under suit, bat sign issue, less bulky "football" shoulder pads.

I'm very, very curious to see what we're going to be paying for him. I wonder if maybe, the lack of all metal accessories might bring down the price a bit?

im kind of confused, it seems like a pile of people were _____ing about the 1/6 scale and everyone is loving this, why? im not sure which one i am going to get, but i plan on displaying it with the batman head not bale, and i wouldnt have him holding any of the accessories, maybe the emp gun, so other than the base, for my particular set up, what makes the 1/4 better from a likeness perspective, the fact that its bigger in size doesn't matter to me, i just dont seem to have a good enough eye to pick out the differences but there must be some, after seeing the difference in reaction from everyone between the 1/6 and 1/4, anything specific stand out to anyone aside from the stand, and bale head

:goodpost::clap:lecture:exactly:

If people don't like a figure then they shouldn't fill up the thread with all their negative messages.

There is so much hate for these figures - at least we have companies like HT and EB who make them so we can all collect and enjoy.

Those who hate and those who find fault because Batman's ab section is 1mm too close together or the Joker's socks are one shade of pastel too dark - go away and leave the thread alone. Let those who want to enjoy these figures do so without having to navigate their way through all your negative comments.

nah, this thread deserves the same treatment

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

I'm very, very curious to see what we're going to be paying for him. I wonder if maybe, the lack of all metal accessories might bring down the price a bit?

I wasn't actually aware of the accessories not being metal. Is this confirmed?

Posdibly but I'd be really surprised if this is cheaper than EB's 1/4 figures. But if it is, and SS offers free shipping (doubt it) that would definitely be one hell of a deal

This figure is absolutely stunning, perhaps perfect but I'm sorry they completely missed the headsculpt, we hardly recognise christian bale.

This figure is absolutely stunning, perhaps perfect but I'm sorry they completely missed the headsculpt, we hardly recognise christian bale.

You're kidding right? It couldn't look any more like him. Some of you guys are to picky.

I still am not feeling the Bale sculpt. And while part of me wants to agree that the jump from 1/6 to 1/4 in terms of quality just isn't high enough.

But then there is the other part of me who is still blown back by how ____ing awesome this figure looks. The suit alone looks significantly better than the 1/6 figure. The proportions look more natural and he doesn't have those tree trunk legs anymore. Just look at the sculpted ab muscle things of the suit. Man that looks too cool. Plus he comes with all those accessories and a terrific base? What's not to love? He will probably be around $420 too so he's a better deal than the 1/6.

And I think this might be a better way to look at it for now: the fact that these look similar to the 1/6 figures is actually a testament to their quality. Think about it. You are getting that same level of detail and sculpting skill, except now it is twice as big. That may not sound impressive, but take a step back to actually think about it. Think about how when Sideshow mass produces these PFs the paint applications really are nothing special despite all that money you toss at them. But then look at these Hot Toys figures and Enterbay figures at 1/4 scale. I see immense attention to detail. Inaccuracies sure? But those don't make it look any less impressive.

Sometimes I wonder what the inaccuracies complaint is really about. I just don't get it. So if his ribcage on the suit should have more space between each line or something, who cares? You'd never notice unless you put a picture of the suit and held it right next to the figure. The likeness of the actor is important because we have images of them in our heads. Likewise, it should look fairly accurate to the suit, but not every single damn detail needs to be perfect. If the Hot Toys figure was blue then yes we would have a huge problem here.

What I think is terrific is that we have a full fabric Batman at 1/4 that we can trust will not only be well articulated, but will last. Also people pointed out the peeling on the left leg. I feel like that actually might just happen when you articulate the legs at certain angles, as a safeguard to prevent actual peeling at that section, of which would cause the whole thing to peel off gradually. It makes sense in my head. Not sure if you guys see what I'm saying though.

If anything the only issue I have with Hot Toys 1/4 right now is that unlike with Enterbay it just seems like more milking. I want 1/4 of characters NOT already done in 1/6. I want licenses that will be distinctly 1/4. Seriously I am so tired of Robocop, Batman, Marvel, Terminator, and Predator. Give us characters that we have not seen yet or are super dated. Also, it should be characters more suited to being 1/4. I don't really see the point of Rambo for example, it's just a buff guy in military styled clothing. It makes sense to do things like Robocop, the Terminator robots, Batman, etc.. because look how unique they look. Likewise Hot Toys should grab licenses that feature unusual looking characters, aliens, or robots and try to make 1/4 of them. Otherwise why get them? If you want a nice poseable figure get 1/6. At 1/4 scale you can't really throw these things in bizarre mid air poses anymore. They are going to be well grounded so they have to look impressive. I see people wanting Bane, Catwoman, Two-Face in 1/4. Seriously? You want a guy in a suit with a half burnt suit at 1/4 scale? He's just going to stand there.

I still am not feeling the Bale sculpt. And while part of me wants to agree that the jump from 1/6 to 1/4 in terms of quality just isn't high enough.

But then there is the other part of me who is still blown back by how ____ing awesome this figure looks. The suit alone looks significantly better than the 1/6 figure. The proportions look more natural and he doesn't have those tree trunk legs anymore. Just look at the sculpted ab muscle things of the suit. Man that looks too cool. Plus he comes with all those accessories and a terrific base? What's not to love? He will probably be around $420 too so he's a better deal than the 1/6.

And I think this might be a better way to look at it for now: the fact that these look similar to the 1/6 figures is actually a testament to their quality. Think about it. You are getting that same level of detail and sculpting skill, except now it is twice as big. That may not sound impressive, but take a step back to actually think about it. Think about how when Sideshow mass produces these PFs the paint applications really are nothing special despite all that money you toss at them. But then look at these Hot Toys figures and Enterbay figures at 1/4 scale. I see immense attention to detail. Inaccuracies sure? But those don't make it look any less impressive.

Sometimes I wonder what the inaccuracies complaint is really about. I just don't get it. So if his ribcage on the suit should have more space between each line or something, who cares? You'd never notice unless you put a picture of the suit and held it right next to the figure. The likeness of the actor is important because we have images of them in our heads. Likewise, it should look fairly accurate to the suit, but not every single damn detail needs to be perfect. If the Hot Toys figure was blue then yes we would have a huge problem here.

What I think is terrific is that we have a full fabric Batman at 1/4 that we can trust will not only be well articulated, but will last. Also people pointed out the peeling on the left leg. I feel like that actually might just happen when you articulate the legs at certain angles, as a safeguard to prevent actual peeling at that section, of which would cause the whole thing to peel off gradually. It makes sense in my head. Not sure if you guys see what I'm saying though.

If anything the only issue I have with Hot Toys 1/4 right now is that unlike with Enterbay it just seems like more milking. I want 1/4 of characters NOT already done in 1/6. I want licenses that will be distinctly 1/4. Seriously I am so tired of Robocop, Batman, Marvel, Terminator, and Predator. Give us characters that we have not seen yet or are super dated. Also, it should be characters more suited to being 1/4. I don't really see the point of Rambo for example, it's just a buff guy in military styled clothing. It makes sense to do things like Robocop, the Terminator robots, Batman, etc.. because look how unique they look. Likewise Hot Toys should grab licenses that feature unusual looking characters, aliens, or robots and try to make 1/4 of them. Otherwise why get them? If you want a nice poseable figure get 1/6. At 1/4 scale you can't really throw these things in bizarre mid air poses anymore. They are going to be well grounded so they have to look impressive. I see people wanting Bane, Catwoman, Two-Face in 1/4. Seriously? You want a guy in a suit with a half burnt suit at 1/4 scale? He's just going to stand there.

:goodpost::exactly::clap:clap:clap

As far as the lack of a mesh undersuit goes, I'm hopeful that this will be remedied. Is it possible that they just used what they had (plain black fabric) to get this done in time for Ani-Com? Maybe it's just a placeholder? :dunno

you write an entire post saying who cares if there is a slight space problem with the rib cage, but start it with a paragraph saying how much better this one is than the 1/6 because his legs are slightly smaller and you think the abs look a little better, couldnt have been more hypocritical

Back