Hot Toys The Dark Knight Joker DX/Artisan 1/6 Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yup, this is a Joker thread, alright. If some of you guys can stop ganging up on other dudes, and be respectful of other people's choices - I'd really appreciate that. Likewise, some posts can inadvertently be baiting for an argument, so be mindful of your tone and how your posts may come across.

Warnings have been issued.

I might be in the minority, but from the comparison in Justins video, I do not see what he sees, The HT sculpt is not better than the inArt. Of course he says he has no ties to neither HT nor inArt, but we know Justin, he always sides with the newer product.

The hair looks off and also the eyes look strange, I cannot pinpoint it exactly. Maybe they look too wide open, because of the makeup. That makes the face look weird.

I might be in the minority, but from the comparison in Justins video, I do not see what he sees, The HT sculpt is not better than the inArt. Of course he says he has no ties to neither HT nor inArt, but we know Justin, he always sides with the newer product.

The hair looks off and also the eyes look strange, I cannot pinpoint it exactly. Maybe they look too wide open, because of the makeup. That makes the face look weird.
I think it's because the sculpt is VERY scene specific and the only way it really looks good is if he's looking down eyes forward in the "HIT ME" stance. He loses the grit if it's just looking normally.

HT sculpt looks better to me, it's the Joker where as the inart is Heath in makeup if that makes sense. Inart got better hairline and a less rushed paintjob around the eyes but that's it, gotta hand everything else to the HT sculpt, the 3D effect from the half open mouth with teeth that is removable thus better quality then just sculpted like say RoTJ Luke is probably a unintended effect that strengthens the look.

I also prefer the inart sculpt as of now especially repainted but I don't have my artisan in hand so can't judge.

I really dig this pose they used for the promo though.

1000042297.png

Repainted inart sculpt - Credit Frank Wu

1000042298.jpg

Back