1/6 Hot Toys-The Terminator (T1)-MMS 238-T-800-(Battle Damaged Version) 1/6 Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just cancelled this.

Stupid bobblehead....

Stupid narrow-neck...

Stupid slim-fit jacket....

Stupid small-ass body...

Stupid wrong-color pants....

Stupid round-faced sculpt...

Stupid dirty t-shirt...

Stupid bloody body...

Yeah, you can tell by these stupid pics. :lol

6207dee2eaa25e0ee2ed188d0c07a227_zps586cd7af.jpg

735169b10e5c0e8a099b58e64782efab_zpsd3426141.jpg

a6f0e455e04f7156f7392477d51b1078_zpsec03b0b3.jpg

I just cancelled this.

Stupid bobblehead....

Stupid narrow-neck...

Stupid slim-fit jacket....

Stupid small-ass body...

Stupid wrong-color pants....

Stupid round-faced sculpt...

Stupid dirty t-shirt...

Stupid bloody body...

It does have these problems* but damned if I'm not enjoying it. Unless you really seriously resent the sculpts, and unless you really seriously resent having to correct anything or go to any further expense to do so then it is well possible to buy this figure and enjoy it and eventually have a great looking and vital Terminator on your shelf. I can enjoy it you see because I merely 'resent' some of this stuff. I don't ''really seriously resent'' it :lol I'm a sucker basically.

Anyway, I'm gonna see if I can take any decent shots of what I've got so far.

*except maybe the pants, they're pretty close now at least if I'm to assume NECA got it right and these are pretty much the same as theirs. Granted I've been doing a lot of assuming lately and been proven wrong

I need to link this thread to wherever I was having this debate with someone who said the 1/6th market is at a point where any improvement is negligible.
Lol, that was me and I stand by that argument. All the stuff people say is wrong with the figure is pretty OCD-type complaints, IMO. As a-dev said in an earlier post, casual Terminator fans (such as myself) are going to be generally pleased -- though as with anything, might have a few nits.

I still think improvements will be incremental from now on. Four or five years ago, these figs were $50 and looked like crap, even at the time (IMO -- and I remember looking at SSC SW stuff and consciously not wanting to collect it b/c I thought it looked poor, so it's not a case at all that 'everyone' thought they looked great but only advances over time dated the sculpts and outfits, etc.). We're never going to have a jump in quality like over the past few years b/c the quality is directly related to the price point. Don't think HT is going to be selling these for $750.00 in 2017, so the quality jump will not be as marked as over the last few years. That's my theory and I'm sticking with it, Wor-Gar!

:cuss

I've heard about the boots, but I'm surprised more who have it hand haven't commented on the weapons upgrades included here. You can check it out on CK's review (starts around the 27th min).

CK mentioned the following, I just don't know what's an upgrade except for the longslide and the spas

- longslide slides and has new metallic finish
- pump action pumps
- revolver chamber slides out
- spas heavier in hand

also the base seems really super-detailed, the pipe bomb even has a fuse...

anyway, looking forward to checking it out in hand.

Last edited:
Lol, that was me and I stand by that argument. All the stuff people say is wrong with the figure is pretty OCD-type complaints, IMO. As a-dev said in an earlier post, casual Terminator fans (such as myself) are going to be generally pleased -- though as with anything, might have a few nits.

I still think improvements will be incremental from now on. Four or five years ago, these figs were $50 and looked like crap, even at the time (IMO -- and I remember looking at SSC SW stuff and consciously not wanting to collect it b/c I thought it looked poor, so it's not a case at all that 'everyone' thought they looked great but only advances over time dated the sculpts and outfits, etc.). We're never going to have a jump in quality like over the past few years b/c the quality is directly related to the price point. Don't think HT is going to be selling these for $750.00 in 2017, so the quality jump will not be as marked as over the last few years. That's my theory and I'm sticking with it, Wor-Gar!

Ah-ha! There you are, you rascal! :lol

Anyway, OCD complainers is really a relative perception. Clearly dolls have reached a point where they satisfy your OCD, but not others. Dolls satisfied mine long before you were satisfied. Now there's someone out there just like you were who thinks these figures look like detailed toys, but perhaps in a couple years it will reach the point to pull him in. See? So incremental to you may be leaps and bounds to someone else.

Holographic dolls are the future. You don't own them, just access to the library.

27th minute!? What's he making, a sit-com!?

He's like the James Cameron or Peter Jackson of 1/6 reviews :lol I usually eat and have a drink while watching them because of how long they are, but they are an enjoyable experience.

I've heard about the boots, but I'm surprised more who have it hand haven't commented on the weapons upgrades included here. You can check it out on CK's review (starts around the 27th min).

CK mentioned the following, I just don't know what's an upgrade except for the longslide and the spas

- longslide slides and has new metallic finish
- pump action pumps
- revolver chamber slides out
- spas heavier in hand

also the base seems really super-detailed, the pipe bomb even has a fuse...

anyway, looking forward to checking it out in hand.

I honestly think the whole figure is an upgrade....even though it's a different costume. Like CK said in the review, the figure is basically a DX, except for the pers.

Yeah, he said the base was basically a DX base, too. I skipped through the review as CK's reviews are extremely long but I'm glad I caught the weapons stuff and the close attention to the base detail.

He's like the James Cameron or Peter Jackson of 1/6 reviews :lol I usually eat and have a drink while watching them because of how long they are, but they are an enjoyable experience.

I honestly think the whole figure is an upgrade....even though it's a different costume. Like CK said in the review, the figure is basically a DX, except for the pers.

Love that second pic. Great shot.

I just saw those pics on facebook :) Those look AMAZING!! :clap

Some awesome pics!

Thanks very much guys :duff

Your bad for not paying $400 to get it 3 weeks early from TimCent or whatever.

Didn't pay anything like that. I actually paid about the same had I ordered from SSC. Maybe a bit less. Import fees are what stopped me ordering from them. And only £30 more than UK sellers who won't have stock for months.

27th minute!? What's he making, a sit-com!?

:lol

€170 for me [emoji12]

Shipping included? Where da ****.

Would be interested aswell where you've found the figure for that price.
The only one that was sold at ebay at that price, it was 173€ plus 58€ shipping (= 231€) and was sold in June.

it's just a pain in the ass to be an european collector. so please give us some infos :wink1:

Would be interested aswell where you've found the figure for that price.
The only one that was sold at ebay at that price, it was 173€ plus 58€ shipping (= 231€) and was sold in June.

it's just a pain in the ass to be an european collector. so please give us some infos :wink1:

Being an european collector you end up all way paying higher either from hk or sideshow sucks for us.

Oh and dont bother asking our friend here where he got it for 170€ he wont tell you...
Dunno why as it would make his seller happy to get more customers.
Encountered the same attitude on facebook when someone said he got it for 190€.
Maybe its just lies... Whatever the case its lame.

But Nice of him to brag about it here tho :)

Last edited:

I agree with some of that. My first Hot Toy's purchase was only about 18 months ago (DX7). Up until that point the only sixth scale figures I had bought were some SS Star Wars aliens and sand troopers. It wasn't that I didn't want to collect sixth scale. I just felt all the figures looked to much like dolls or hasbro figures. It's only been the last few years that in my opinion they have reached the level they are at now where some (such as the '66 Batman) can have their photo's mistaken for screen stills. Since that first purchase I now have 8 Hot Toys figures with this being my ninth and a couple more on order.

Being an european collector you end up all way paying higher either from hk or sideshow sucks for us.

Oh and dont bother asking our friend here where he got it for 170€ he wont tell you...

Isn't that part of the collecting? The only thing that makes owning a great figure better is if no one else can get it? Or in this case - that I know nothing about and just comment on in general - someone can get the figures before and cheaper than everyone else and it just won't be as good if there are others that can get it as well.

I ordered mine from loontentoys for just under €200 I thought that was decent.

Last edited:

Didn't get it from a seller, as I've already explained.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back