1/6 Hot Toys-The Terminator (T1)-MMS 238-T-800-(Battle Damaged Version) 1/6 Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Isn't that part of the collecting? The only thing that makes owning a great figure better is if no one else can get it? Or in this case - that I know nothing about and just comment on in general - someone can get the figures before and cheaper than everyone else and it just won't be as good if there are others that can get it as well.

I ordered mine from loontentoys for just under €200 I thought that was decent.

Thats a pretty **** up way to collect.
Im not happy because others dont have, im happy because i have.
And if i can help others i will.
But hey to each its own :)

SMC92, i didnt get that mate more Power to you.
Having good friends in hk is a great thing :)

Isn't that part of the collecting? The only thing that makes owning a great figure better is if no one else can get it? Or in this case - that I know nothing about and just comment on in general - someone can get the figures before and cheaper than everyone else and it just won't be as good if there are others that can get it as well.

I ordered mine from loontentoys for just under €200 I thought that was decent.

No-

I'd gladly wait a freaking year if it meant saving $$$.

I don't care about being "first". Never have, never will. But I can see how some hardcore fans (of certain licenses) would. I don't understand it, for sure. But who is one to judge.

I personally don't care how one spends their hard (easy maybe) earned cash. But to try to justify it it's silly. Aren't these things expensive enough as it is?

Funniest part is when they end up in the marketplace for less money. That's when I buy them.

I usually wait for the US batch, with most figures, but I have ordered early a few times for special pieces, this one is one of those, couldn't wait.

Thats a pretty **** up way to collect.
Im not happy because others dont have, im happy because i have.
And if i can help others i will.
But hey to each its own :)

I agree with what you're saying. I wasn't speaking for myself but I get that feeling sometimes on this forum. On the other collectors forums I frequent there is usually a dedicated thread for where to find cheap stuff and people giving tips where to get things that are "out of print". I have not seen one here and sometimes it feels like that would go against the grain of the forum. Some people seem to buy everything and then after a while try to sell for a higher price than the list price even though the stuff is still widely available. Of course there are several exeptions, for example I got ahold of a SSC Dewback when it went out of stock at SSC for even cheaper from another dealer thanks to a tip in the Star Wars section.

No-

I'd gladly wait a freaking year if it meant saving $$$.

I don't care about being "first". Never have, never will. But I can see how some hardcore fans (of certain licenses) would. I don't understand it, for sure. But who is one to judge.

I personally don't care how one spends their hard (easy maybe) earned cash. But to try to justify it it's silly. Aren't these things expensive enough as it is?

Funniest part is when they end up in the marketplace for less money. That's when I buy them.

Living in Europe you get to wait AND it gets more expensive. :lol

I decided to try a new release figure from HK/China this time in the hope of possibly avoiding customs. It usually doesn't work out that way, but I recently got a Medi UU Han Solo that breezed through customs with a low value.
In case it works it would definately work out cheaper. I got so fed up with added sales tax and **** that I ended up ordering most of my figures from within Europe. I found a great dealer so that helped to sway me as well.

I must have missed all the great deals in the sales section then. I usually don't look there that much anymore since I saw so many people trying to sell figures at inflated prices that were still available at SSC or other places so I started to get most of my used stuff on ebay instead. I might have to check the sales section more often then.

I had mine in hand last year, paid $5.00 for it.

Lol, jk.

But the way i see it, nobody expected this until the end of the year. So I can wait for the us release date, pay regular price and still have it early.
(Although the late Robocop kind of cancels this feeling out)

It does have these problems* but damned if I'm not enjoying it. Unless you really seriously resent the sculpts, and unless you really seriously resent having to correct anything or go to any further expense to do so then it is well possible to buy this figure and enjoy it and eventually have a great looking and vital Terminator on your shelf. I can enjoy it you see because I merely 'resent' some of this stuff. I don't ''really seriously resent'' it :lol I'm a sucker basically.

Anyway, I'm gonna see if I can take any decent shots of what I've got so far.

*except maybe the pants, they're pretty close now at least if I'm to assume NECA got it right and these are pretty much the same as theirs. Granted I've been doing a lot of assuming lately and been proven wrong

Yeah I could nit pick too about this figure but like you I'm lovin the fig at the moment. Not even opened the second fig yet.
Some figures just seem to have a real presence and this is one of them.
It seems every different pose I get him in, he just looks gr8.

' You cant do that ' ''Wrong'!!!
DSCF2803_zpsfc721655.jpg

'' He's a friend of Sarah Connor '' :lol
DSCF2804_zps2081771e.jpg

Don't piss this guy off :exactly:
DSCF2805_zps25c0e588.jpg

Worst case of blood shot eye I have ever seen
DSCF2810_zpsaf03ea6f.jpg

:lol @ your captions

You still haven't opened one? Snap to it man. *says the guy who still hasn't posted pics*

Gotta say I'm still feeling very positive about the figure. The bulk thing is the only thing bothering me at this time. Taking screengrabs from the film last night really confirmed for me that the body is too small. We know we can sort the neck but it's the body that's a bit complicated due to the holes in the vest and the blood. In the past I've taped bubblewrap around parts of the figure that need bulking up but with those holes in the vest you would see it. A different idea I'm thinking about is cutting the neck off an otherwise unsalvagable MMS body that I have and using it's chest and back either wrapped around the 238 body or cut into separate parts and taped on, front and back - similar concept to the thigh pieces that come with some Truetypes. Then I'd paint my own blood in the relevant areas visible through the holes in the vest.

:lol @ your captions

You still haven't opened one? Snap to it man. *says the guy who still hasn't posted pics*

Gotta say I'm still feeling very positive about the figure. The bulk thing is the only thing bothering me at this time. Taking screengrabs from the film last night really confirmed for me that the body is too small. We know we can sort the neck but it's the body that's a bit complicated due to the holes in the vest and the blood. In the past I've taped bubblewrap around parts of the figure that need bulking up but with those holes in the vest you would see it. A different idea I'm thinking about is cutting the neck off an otherwise unsalvagable MMS body that I have and using it's chest and back either wrapped around the 238 body or cut into separate parts and taped on, front and back - similar concept to the thigh pieces that come with some Truetypes. Then I'd paint my own blood in the relevant areas visible through the holes in the vest.

I don't think it requires to much work but here's an idea, if you have a MMS upper body flexible torso you could remove the one on the 238 and heat up the old MMS one to fit over the new 238 body. You could reapply the blood if desired. Not sure if that's doable, just a thought.

For about an hour after you watch one of those reviews you find yourself thinking using his voice :lol

Clip should have a bit role in a Guy Ritchie movie. Vinnie Jones tosses some poor bloke through a window into Clipper's reviewing room. He sticks his head inside, there are some MTV-style quick shots of Clip reviewing a figure, Vinnie shakes his head, mutters under his breath and storms off.

a-dev,
In this pic his neck still looks too thin, but I like how you managed to hide the joints....

Back