1/6 Hot Toys-The Terminator (T1)-MMS 238-T-800-(Battle Damaged Version) 1/6 Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So how are your thoughts about the Tech Noir having them both side by side? I display my figures one per shelf so “if” I get the new BD T-800 I plan on displaying him away from Tech Noir so that Noir does not look dated!!

Those were not my pics ^^

I love the technoir and love my custom ps.
Im getting two of the mms238 but man that big Head is annoying.
Same thing on the dx13, beautifull sculpt but too big or body too small.

Can one of the lucky Owner can test the sunglasses on the mms136 bd heap please just to see how big they are.
Thanks a lot :)

Same size as DX13.

Things that make the new heads seem too big/bobbleheaded:

The hair being longer on the back
The DX10 neck (which we knew was too skinny for the DX13 head but HT used it anyway)
The DX10 T2 body
The thin material of the form-fitting T1 jacket

They just didn't get the balance right on this one

Yep me too, the only sculpt that HT really dropped the ball on is the DX10 imo.

And yet it was superior to the DX10 prototype. Personally I'd still take it over MMS117, despite it's many **** ups.

Last edited:
Just done the neck mod, put a bit of Gorilla Tape on the neck adapter, popped the collars too + posed him with the Revolver as I have not seen too many pics with him holding that gun. Just need his motorbike now. Gotta say I luv this fig. :exactly:

DSCF2800_zps305b5a3e.jpg

DSCF2801_zps7341e972.jpg

DSCF2802_zps3d7cdccf.jpg

Yes I would agree, I think the larger head is making the body look smaller on this fig, it makes the figure look a bit bobble headed I guess.
Yes, the DX13 can look a bit bobble headed. I did a mod, but I don't think it helped. ..

I actually still like them all except the DX10

Same.

That's the only one that doesn't sit right with me. As overall figures go, Tech Noir and DX 13 are still my favorites. I don't think Tech Noir looks cartoony at all. Are the heads a wee bit caricaturized? Maybe. But I think it brings out more of Arnold and the character instead of say, the blank faced DX 10.

Also, despite the differences, I think this MMS 238 and the Tech Noir look great standing side by side. Shame on you guys wanting a new Tech Noir.

Last edited:
Same size as DX13.

Things that make the new heads seem too big/bobbleheaded:

The hair being longer on the back
The DX10 neck (which we knew was too skinny for the DX13 head but HT used it anyway)
The DX10 T2 body
The thin material of the form-fitting T1 jacket

They dont SEEM too big, they are actually bigger. But still use the same body.
The Neck mod does make it better but its still wrong. On the dx13 too.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

What the....

based on those shots I guess I was wrong. It is a smidge bigger than even the DX13 heads. Dayum.....and FS Hot Toys. Any possibility of some consistency?
I guess I assumed they were the same size without even putting them side by side because I tried the T1 heads on the DX13 body and noticed nothing amiss.

I'm all about the misinformation these past days.

Yes, the DX13 can look a bit bobble headed. I did a mod, but I don't think it helped. ..

:lol

I'm in the process of masking a clean DX13 head to replace the DX10.
I have a long ways to go still.
On a side note, synthetic wine corks make great necks to stand up extra heads.

Do you think this tape technique of widening the neck could in anyway damage the figure?

Yeah, you could get paint rubs on the neck more easily with the neck bulked out, also if you use electrical tape like clipper you will have a goo mess inside the figure. I would recommend if your going to do the mod to use masking tape or painters tape, also be careful when moving the head, as the chin will likely rub the paint on the neck if your not careful.

Yeah, you could get paint rubs on the neck more easily with the neck bulked out, also if you use electrical tape like clipper you will have a goo mess inside the figure. I would recommend if your going to do the mod to use masking tape or painters tape, also be careful when moving the head, as the chin will likely rub the paint on the neck if your not careful.
I suspect you would also permanently stretch the neck out if you keep it widened for a long enough period of time. Not that that matters if you plan on leaving it that way.

Thanks for the advice about the drawbacks to widening the neck...
I want it to look good but also want it to last for collection purposes, wouldn't want its value to depreciate I guess

I think I'll pose him in such a way that his neck isn't really seen well...like turning his head and having the collar block the view of the neck

I suspect you would also permanently stretch the neck out if you keep it widened for a long enough period of time. Not that that matters if you plan on leaving it that way.

That's also true, I will admit it does look better with the mod, I myself rarely do these types of mods only because of my OCD, I want all my figures mint.

Back