1/6 Hot Toys-The Terminator (T1)-MMS 238-T-800-(Battle Damaged Version) 1/6 Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow great pics...
After all the pics I've seen lately I'm more than confident in this piece...
Absolutely a stunner

Man. You guys totally over-praise me :lol But it's honestly much appreciated, thank you. The pics are only what they are because of the diorama with it's built-in lighting. You guys would take just as good if not better pics if you had that diorama, I was just the lucky sod who was in the right place at the right time (and mad enough to spend the money) for it. Really it's all the diorama. Somewhat the posing, I think I have a reasonable instinct for a good pose most of the time, but mainly it's the diorama that does it.

I'm quite happy if I've helped to persuade people to buy this figure. The most prominent flaw is the lack of suitable bulk for T1 in particular, if you can live with that or if you can think of a solution to it, you're really in business as far as a T1 Police Shootout Terminator figure. And if the figure is a success for Hot Toys hopefully they'll make a Kyle Reese. T1 Sarah is probably very unlikely but...:dunno

Hands down THE Best photos ever taken on the forum.

:lol okay they're not the best, but you did take some pretty cool pics. The pescadero diorama you own is insanely awesome.

Man. You guys totally over-praise me :lol But it's honestly much appreciated, thank you. The pics are only what they are because of the diorama with it's built-in lighting. You guys would take just as good if not better pics if you had that diorama, I was just the lucky sod who was in the right place at the right time (and mad enough to spend the money) for it. Really it's all the diorama. Somewhat the posing, I think I have a reasonable instinct for a good pose most of the time, but mainly it's the diorama that does it.

I'm quite happy if I've helped to persuade people to buy this figure. The most prominent flaw is the lack of suitable bulk for T1 in particular, if you can live with that or if you can think of a solution to it, you're really in business as far as a T1 Police Shootout Terminator figure. And if the figure is a success for Hot Toys hopefully they'll make a Kyle Reese. T1 Sarah is probably very unlikely but...:dunno

A-dev, you humble bastard.

It's not necessarily the quality of the pics or your camera, it's the poses and atmosphere. OMG, Jingo, Luka, Po, Plastic Enemies, they all have great, high quality pics . . . but none of their figures are posed like yours. You do that thing where you can almost see the screencaps in your head with the poses you achieve. "I'll be back", the standing pose right after he kicks the office door open and shoots a cop, him tensing up getting ready to shoot someone from across the room, it's great attention to detail.

You created the same cool visuals when you first got the dio and had the MMS 117. Those were all great because you knew exactly what information as far as the poses and what was translated from screen.

Anyone remember when Maulfan was buying this stuff? His pics were an inspiration, not that I have ever equalled them, but I do bear them in mind. His attention to specific shots in a movie was quite something. Some, but only some, of the shots I took there were based on particular shots in the movie. I'll post the screengrabs if I can...

Oh yeah, for the Police Station Assault look, the AR-18 doesn't have a strap on it (he attaches that off screen before he finds them at the motel). And from what I can tell the loop on the 12 gauge shotgun should be around his wrist.

I always wondered why the lights in the police station mattered to the T-800 (I know from a film standpoint, Cameron probably did it for atmosphere and the flame effects in the dark). It's not like it would be any advantage to anyone. The cops still hit him, and there were back up emergency lights. Yeah, he "sees everything", but it's not like the cops fighting in the dark were blind against him or had any disadvantage over fighting in office lighting. He also took quite a bit of shots while pulling the wires and box outlet out of the wall.

I dunno about that. Sure, the cops aren't "blind", but psychologically it probably would throw them off a bit. People fear the dark and Termie is basically announcing that he's in control of the station. I think most people would find that unsettling, even cops. In regards to actual results, I'm sure you're right but it's a cool scene that I've always liked.

Nice photos, btw, a-dev. I think that is the best I've seen this figure look. As someone else mentioned, the photos really capture the character's menacing demeanour.

I always wondered why the lights in the police station mattered to the T-800 (I know from a film standpoint, Cameron probably did it for atmosphere and the flame effects in the dark). It's not like it would be any advantage to anyone. The cops still hit him, and there were back up emergency lights. Yeah, he "sees everything", but it's not like the cops fighting in the dark were blind against him or had any disadvantage over fighting in office lighting. He also took quite a bit of shots while pulling the wires and box outlet out of the wall.

He wanted to make it harder for Sara Connor to escape.
He has night vision, she doesn't. It would be easier to catch her this way.

It's true, as we know from T3, basic human psychology is part of his subrou- wait T3 doesn't exist, sorry.
:lol

Yep, I've long ago deleted that and Godfather III from my memory banks.

He wanted to make it harder for Sara Connor to escape.
He has night vision, she doesn't. It would be easier to catch her this way.
Yeah, good point. Wasn't even thinking about the whole purpose of the police station assault, killing Conner. :slap

That does make sense. She's totally unfamiliar with the layout of the station and it would have to be terrifying seeing the lights go out, emergency come on, hear all the cops getting wasted and know he's on the way. Most people would probably be frozen with fear at that stage.

It's true, as we know from T3, basic human psychology is part of his subrou- wait T3 doesn't exist, sorry.

I was just going to say something along those lines after reading Sol's post. :lol

Yeah sure, if we go by T3, he did it cuz he knew people would be afraid.

When did he get the leather jacket and sunglasses? When he got back to his room after the chase, he didn't have anything with him, which means he got the other outfit before the surgery. But why? He already had a sweet 80's outfit to blend in with the humans. That means at some point after killing the first Sarah Connor, he thought, I need to go shopping, get a grey shirt, a leather jacket, some leather gloves, and some sweet gargoyles....long before he needed them. Was he just planing ahead just in case? He knew he would need the sunglasses?

I wish we could have seen the scene of him going to K-Mart to pick up his PSO clothes. :lol

Back