1/6 Hot Toys: WICKET the Ewok - Return of the Jedi

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How many people here are getting this because they love Ewoks as opposed to being so starved of HT aliens you'll buy any non-human character at this point?

I’m not an overly huge fan of the Ewoks, but I want to have at least ONE to represent them — and this will be the one. Plus, I think it’ll be funny to have him standing on the speeder bike behind the Scout Trooper ready to do war.

its $200 bucks! I dont think I would pay over $130 for this. Maybe if it were a predewok with blood all over and stormtrooper head with spine coming out I would do it.

They are responsible for putting the franchise in its current pitiful state which has had a very negative effect on toy sales, theme park attendance, subsequent film attendance, etc. Excitement was high after TFA and Star Wars previously was king above Marvel and is now a distant second. Kathleen Kennedy and Rian Johnson did that, it simply can't be denied anymore.

Yep, the mainstream seems to like remakes more than original ideas. No surprise. [emoji2368]
...never miss a chance or a thread to whine about your disappointment. Maybe just maybe that entitlement is part of why SW is suffering.

Geez, is this place always so... bitter? I?m convinced this place just hates everything [emoji38]

Best SDCC for Star Wars fans who aren?t just OT purists [emoji38]

No one hates Star Wars more than Star Wars fans.

The same stuff that happened with the sequel trilogy happened with the prequel trilogy. George would be proud, it's like a circle.

TLJ was a very polarizing film, I'll say that but it amazes me how hung up people are on it. Every single time that the words TLJ are uttered their heads pop up like a dog with a treat bag. It's the same as the Captain Marvel folks. It's like they reach a point where they wake up and exist solely to hate a film. I just cannot fathom taking that much energy of my life to be so angry over it. It's like the water-cooler folks who only ever have five stories to tell.

They both look great. It?ll be the two pack for me. Looks like Wicket won?t have the stand shown at SDCC though. Hope that changes.

F9A4ED1F-C618-4077-82B5-2D5853479836.jpeg

ED191D0B-0C72-44F7-8CB8-7D8D5B404E9C.jpeg

428BF313-EBBA-4F06-A044-E31DD609CEF0.jpeg

C3131AD8-012E-4AA0-AB59-7BD7D58391D1.jpeg

Not sure why they included the picture that implies that the stormtrooper helmet comes with the single Wicket figure.

The regular Wicket description doesn?t say anything about a stormtrooper helmet while the below is from the set (glad I ordered that).

One (1) Stormtooper helmet with weathering effect*** Collectible Set Only
One (1) Death Star Trooper helmet with weathering effect*** Collectible Set Only

Not sure why they included the picture that implies that the stormtrooper helmet comes with the single Wicket figure.

The regular Wicket description doesn?t say anything about a stormtrooper helmet while the below is from the set (glad I ordered that).

One (1) Stormtooper helmet with weathering effect*** Collectible Set Only
One (1) Death Star Trooper helmet with weathering effect*** Collectible Set Only

That photo is to show the drumsticks that single Wicket comes with. It is a bit misleading that they showed the helmet as well.

That photo is to show the drumsticks that single Wicket comes with. It is a bit misleading that they showed the helmet as well.

Yeah, and the drumsticks are kinda pointless without a drum or helmet, I guess it's easy enough to provide your own helmet if you have Luke or Han stormtrooper but still, I guess they should have taken a photo without the helmet there. Anyway, glad I got the two pack for when Hot Toys eventually builds the Kenner ewok village.

Yep, the mainstream seems to like remakes more than original ideas. No surprise. [emoji2368]
...never miss a chance or a thread to whine about your disappointment. Maybe just maybe that entitlement is part of why SW is suffering.

C'mon man that's a bit of a stretch, "mainstream seems to like remakes more than original ideas". Original ideas are always great.....however Star Wars is not a normal situation. You have to tread very very carefully when dealing with stuff that is so close to peoples hearts, and this they did NOT do. Hence the current situation.

Hell if Mark Hamill was voicing his own opinion against it then there must be something wrong.

Anyway back to Wicket and Leia.

Yeah, and the drumsticks are kinda pointless without a drum or helmet, I guess it's easy enough to provide your own helmet if you have Luke or Han stormtrooper but still, I guess they should have taken a photo without the helmet there. Anyway, glad I got the two pack for when Hot Toys eventually builds the Kenner ewok village.

Why include drum sticks if Wicket has nothing to drum?

Both drumsticks and helmets are an odd inclusion for Wicket, since the drummer was Brethupp.

giphy.gif

Looks like HT was trying to add things to make him look more interesting.

They might feasibly make Chirpa, Logray and Teebo, but Brethupp would be a huge stretch.

The only time Wicket banged a drum was probably here in the cartoon...

:lol

Doubt anyone would pose Wicket drumming anyway... so those helmets are box fodder or just junk at their feet on a kiddie's crowded shelf.

I do hope the DST helmet is not the last we'll see of that trooper. Although with Dooku's black tunic, the possibility of building your own version just became a reality. Need the gloves now.

Both drumsticks and helmets are an odd inclusion for Wicket, since the drummer was

Looks like HT was trying to add things to make him look more interesting.
:lol

Or it simply was a way to send a message to DST fans to string them along a little longer....or gauge the responses to the DST helmet ???

In this case the product pictures are a bit deceiving in my opinion. One shows Wicket with the drumsticks and a Trooper helmet, so you would think he comes with at least one of the helmets. He only has the base, sticks, and spear for his accessories though. It would kind of make sense to at least have one of the helmets included otherwise what are the sticks even for?

C'mon man that's a bit of a stretch, "mainstream seems to like remakes more than original ideas". Original ideas are always great.....however Star Wars is not a normal situation. You have to tread very very carefully when dealing with stuff that is so close to peoples hearts, and this they did NOT do. Hence the current situation.

Hell if Mark Hamill was voicing his own opinion against it then there must be something wrong.

Anyway back to Wicket and Leia.

...well, it?s that ?being very very careful? that rarely makes a great movie or piece of art for that matter [emoji6][emoji4] ...but yes, back to Wicket:
HT give me more Ewoks please!

Btw Hoody, if you ever buy your figures in Germany, then where? Amazing-collectibles ?

...well, it?s that ?being very very careful? that rarely makes a great movie or piece of art for that matter [emoji6][emoji4] ...but yes, back to Wicket:
HT give me more Ewoks please!

Btw Hoody, if you ever buy your figures in Germany, then where? Amazing-collectibles ?

If I ever do buy in Europe I have been using Belgium (LCDN). Don't think I've ever bought in Germany. Prices are never competitive, and I'm cheap :lol .

I got LCDN's €30, 10% off all figures for a year offer. Main reason was I wanted Hulk-Buster Deluxe so 10% off and local pickup saved me a lot. I think I pre-ordered Nebula there too.

But I tend to do a sweep of my known Asian suppliers, LCDN and sometimes SS to use points from Spook or whatever.

Amazing Collectibles has come close a couple of times.

Entitlement? People love to throw that word out there even in situations it doesn't apply. Nobody asked for a remake, but making a disjointed agenda laced film, without any plan or cohesion within the trilogy, shooting ridiculous scenes outside the parameters of the established universe, championing annoying new characters while disgracing loved characters....yeah all that tends to have a negative impact.

If I ever do buy in Europe I have been using Belgium (LCDN). Don't think I've ever bought in Germany. Prices are never competitive, and I'm cheap :lol .

I got LCDN's ?30, 10% off all figures for a year offer. Main reason was I wanted Hulk-Buster Deluxe so 10% off and local pickup saved me a lot. I think I pre-ordered Nebula there too.

But I tend to do a sweep of my known Asian suppliers, LCDN and sometimes SS to use points from Spook or whatever.

Thanks! I?ll look into that. Problem with Asian sellers for me is that customs are pretty much always applied.

I got LCDN's ?30, 10% off all figures for a year offer. Main reason was I wanted Hulk-Buster Deluxe so 10% off and local pickup saved me a lot. I think I pre-ordered Nebula there too.

Just looked at LCDN and yes they definitely have better prices on some of the pieces compared to Amazing Col... especially Han Mudtrooper. He?s 25? less... and sold out [emoji37]

Back