1/6 Hot Toys: WICKET the Ewok - Return of the Jedi

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That picture looks good! In some of the others his face is a little light... but that said it seems like they did the face fur levels better than Chewie... especially the TFA abomination.

Haha I love how TFA Chewie and the word "abomination" always seem to go together :lol

I'm also interested in what people think about the feet and toes on this. Probably pretty accurate from memory. Toenails are perhaps a bit too clean, but that's easily fixed with a bit of Tamiya weathering pigment.

85140614_10157249674927344_5791003094955327488_o.jpg

Haha I love how TFA Chewie and the word "abomination" always seem to go together :lol

I'm also interested in what people think about the feet and toes on this. Probably pretty accurate from memory. Toenails are perhaps a bit too clean, but that's easily fixed with a bit of Tamiya weathering pigment.

View attachment 486586

Hehe true...
I like the hands and feet. The light hair is too light though... pops out too much. I guess that can be fixed too, but I don?t think I?ll dare that on mine.
Hope they?ll use the Jawa body to make more of the grown up Ewoks.

Teebo and Logray are my favorites [emoji1696]

Yep..definitely Logray.
Hot toys have started the Ewok ball rolling now so hopefully they can do 2pks.
Chirpa and Logray,Teebo and Paploo,Lumat and Romba etc etc.

I'm surprised none of the bloggers did at least 1 pic with Wicket peering into R2's eye.

Looks good overall though the face fur is too bright white and even and it has a scrub brush with short bristles look about it versus the longer, softer looking (and more subtly mixed color with darker "moustache") fur the costume has. Overall the face just doesn't look quite dark enough, but it should be fine. The loincloth headress could have been better but maybe it's just the bright lighting that's making it look that way.

Excited to get this. It's a pretty decent match to the proto.

nTcB1KR.jpg

Yes,Chief Chirpa,Logray,Teebo and Paploo at least....and maybe Nippet?��

Wicket's headdress covers those up doesn't it?:dunno:lol

Looks good overall though the face fur is too bright white and even and it has a scrub brush with short bristles look about it versus the longer, softer looking (and more subtly mixed color with darker "moustache") fur the costume has. Overall the face just doesn't look quite dark enough, but it should be fine. The loincloth headress could have been better but maybe it's just the bright lighting that's making it look that way.

nTcB1KR.jpg

Probably could get the face a bit more accurate just by VERY lightly drybrushing grays into the face. Not sure I'll be brave enough to try, but I did order a pair of two packs so maybe. Have to see how I feel about it in hand.

nTcB1KR.jpg

Yes a pity they couldn't match the colour a bit better, but I guess they are using what's commercially available for a figure this size.

They also tend to take a lot of artistic license on some things. I mean that picture is pretty much one of the iconic pictures of Wicket. Feet, toes, leather etc all clear to see. But there are some pretty big differences. Going by the leather head-dress and the Jawa leather. Hot Toys needs to speak with SS and get some tips or new suppliers.

Either way he's fine. Just the small details which could have been done a little better imo.

Prototype certainly had a bit longer length facial hair, and some weathering. More like the film pic.

Should be able to futz a bit I guess...

princess-leia-wicket_star-wars_gallery_5d5708c934eae.jpg

Probably not going to try this either but I bet you could get pretty close to the color brown fur in the photo by leaving the HT Wicket out in the sun for awhile...:horror

Very relieved to see him turn out so well. I think all it should take is just a bit of brown pastel to darken him up a bit more like he should be.

And hopefully this means their skills are improving enough that we'll get an ESB Chewie someday that actually looks like the character...

Where is that Father with his two sons review!!! I bet that little son will be grabbing this and playing with it. Hell I would at that age and 100% right to do so. Its a cute little Teddy bear!!!

Very relieved to see him turn out so well. I think all it should take is just a bit of brown pastel to darken him up a bit more like he should be.

And hopefully this means their skills are improving enough that we'll get an ESB Chewie someday that actually looks like the character...

I was pretty worried about Wicket too after seeing the Jawa set. Fortunately this duo is looking pretty good overall.

I?m surprised this beat ant man and the wasp. I?ve had those on order months before this went up. Strange times indeed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back