HT AvP:R 1/6 Wolf Predator Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
there is no question about it - the hot toys figures are VERY fragile, which is damn annoying. the tip broke off my spear as well. and it sucks that you need a stand for half of them.

but i love them, and am happy i made the switch from McFarlane to Hot toys.
Agreed Hot Toys :emperor all over Mcfartpain

ugh.jpg

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl Well 'said'

I guess I've been spoilt by the quality of my hot toys predalien and ed-209,
you can breath on them without any bits falling off. :D
I'm going to superglue wolf together and throw the spare face parts in the bin.
I had got pre-orders in for machiko, predator two battle damaged and the lost predator but I've cancelled them now I've seen what this range is like.
I'd probably still get them along with a few more tubes of superglue if they were around the 30 quid mark. :cool:

you've just got to be careful with them. Instead of getting angry if its broke enough to annoy the hell out of you , send it back or try and fix it. Or both.

If you feel the predators are too fragile full stop , don't collect them and buy statues.
They are fragile as hell but you have to remember , these aren't toys , once there setup its best to leave them. Mcfarlane are basically poseable statues with limited articulation. One of the reasons hot toys is so expensive is because of all the available articulation.
Its extremely impressive. On a whole the figure is definitely worth £99.00 ( which is an awesome price anyway ) .
Most collectors hate having to put hot toys stuff together , but unless your figure is broke if you do it right you won't have any problems what so ever.

Use hot water , be careful , take your time. It will be fine.
Other wise stick to mcfarlane which are cheaper but lack articulation , details , have crappier paint apps and are overall not as good.

I built my predators all carefully and took my time. I can change there pose quickly , nothing will fall off and everything wil stay in place so about breathing on them without something falling off I disagree with , its just these things need attention unlike the mcfarlane and neca stuff.

Not having a go just saying. :)

I should have left well alone.....
I just decided to display my (cleaner) wolf with the closed jaws and mask instead of the open jaws in the picture I posted on the last page,
one of the closed jaws would'nt stay in place,
it's as loose a fit as a very loose thing that got loose from loose city !
so I shoved some blu tak in the hole and got the mask on as quick as I could before the jaw fell out,

Heat up the connector part on each jaw and try and push them out a little upwards and downwards so theres a better fit into the part where they connect into the face.

during this debarcle the spear fell off his back and the flimsy little pointed end broke off,

the spears suck , there too fragile. Use glue but then that stops the articulation

his main body armour came apart where it joins together across his back,

glue it or blu tack it , the same happened to mine , I used a dab of blu tack.

the black stand came away from the fancy alien head base and he fell over

Glue the black connector part into the stand , it keeps it from falling out and as long as the silver connector is around the figure it secures its safety , at the price of the figures its important.

making the gun fall out of his hand,
now the gun has decided it won't stay in his hand without blu tak.

heat up the hand with a hair dryer , hot water or a heat gun for a few seconds and bend the hand into the position needed , I do this all the time with custom stuff. Works like a charm and is very easy.

this figure is seriously NOT worth the £99.99 I paid for it.
I prefer my scar figure that came ready assembled and only cost £29.99,
that's the figure standing next to wolf.
bah !!!

:mad:

patience.jpg

Yeah, wolf was pretty damn easy to build, AVP ones were much harder, and yes, they are super fragile. Be careful with them. Leave them be.

Luckily, or unluckily, depends on how you see it, I've only had to build Wolf so far and everything was a breeze to put together. The blow dryer trick works like a charm on his "skirt". My Pred 2 & Scar Preds already came assembled perfectly:D I'm definitely gonna try to find Celtic & Chopper unbuilt so I could experience what it's like since I've been obviously missing out on all the fun you guys had while building them

If you think assembling an AVP Pred would be fun then you might get more of a kick out of buying one already assembled, disassembling it and then putting it back together. :google

you've just got to be careful with them. Instead of getting angry if its broke enough to annoy the hell out of you , send it back or try and fix it. Or both.

If you feel the predators are too fragile full stop , don't collect them and buy statues.
They are fragile as hell but you have to remember , these aren't toys , once there setup its best to leave them. Mcfarlane are basically poseable statues with limited articulation. One of the reasons hot toys is so expensive is because of all the available articulation.
Its extremely impressive. On a whole the figure is definitely worth £99.00 ( which is an awesome price anyway ) .
Most collectors hate having to put hot toys stuff together , but unless your figure is broke if you do it right you won't have any problems what so ever.

Use hot water , be careful , take your time. It will be fine.
Other wise stick to mcfarlane which are cheaper but lack articulation , details , have crappier paint apps and are overall not as good.

I built my predators all carefully and took my time. I can change there pose quickly , nothing will fall off and everything wil stay in place so about breathing on them without something falling off I disagree with , its just these things need attention unlike the mcfarlane and neca stuff.

Not having a go just saying. :)

Excellent advice!!

I'm feeling more relaxed now after a good night's sleep :D
so I decided to risk putting the wide open jaws back on wolf,
they are a nice snug fit and stay in place nicely, so I'll stick with that look from now on.
and I'm going to take the advice about using some patience and superglue to get all his wobbly bits attatched for good, :lol
and I might still consider getting the predator 2 and lost predator :horror
but not machiko 'cos she looks like a barbie doll.
:devil

I'm feeling more relaxed now after a good night's sleep :D
so I decided to risk putting the wide open jaws back on wolf,
they are a nice snug fit and stay in place nicely, so I'll stick with that look from now on.
and I'm going to take the advice about using some patience and superglue to get all his wobbly bits attatched for good, :lol
and I might still consider getting the predator 2 and lost predator :horrorv

Our work here is done!

but not machiko 'cos she looks like a barbie doll.
:devil
ALMOST!

Back