HT AvP:R 1/6 Wolf Predator Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great pics Reinhardt, I'm really thinking about getting another one just to display at my office. He's my favorite Pred to look at when I'm home and when I'm at work, I still come here to look at some of your guys pics.

Great Work Neehar!

What color did you use for the guns?

Thanks Seth! I used metallic antique copper (Folk Art brand) - then did a mild blackwash over it. Metallic silver for the rest. Metallic red for the "symbols" on the top of the cannon.

Great pics Reinhardt, I'm really thinking about getting another one just to display at my office. He's my favorite Pred to look at when I'm home and when I'm at work, I still come here to look at some of your guys pics.

yes, the guy is awesome. legs are still a bit too thin, but overall amazing. The springs really set this guy apart from the rest. Still like the elder predator 2 the best though.

Great choice Neehar! I may have to use that color for my next mods. Right now I've been using burnt sienna with gold, gives a good metallic color too.:D

part 2:

wolf-001.jpg

very arresting :drool

good job :rock

Also, did you just drybrush silver onto the bio?

spent a good two hours on the bio. dry brushed folk art silver, then testors metallic silver (i think, it's the one that you find in the model shops - the higher quality paint, a brighter silver too). Then I re-painted the rings around the horns with metallic copper (slightly brighter than the cannons) - touched up the tips of the horns and painted the laser sighting red.

reading this it doesn't look like it should have taken that long, but hey - i'm a rookie at this painting stuff.

I'm so sorry for the questions, just trying to get new techniques and stuff.

last one I swear, was the testor's water clean up?

Great work too. Also, if you want, I got a body that would look great with your wolf, totally repainted to.:D PM if interested.

dude, ask ALL the questions you want!

i just checked the paint, it's actually TAMIYA chrome silver. Acrylic paint, so no issues with cleanup.

And thanks for the repainted body offer - thing is - it took me FOREVER to put him together, and I ain't planning on disassembling him to reassemble again. :)

Chrome silver is an excellent color, infact, thats the color I'm using on Optimus Prime. Which, I should have done soon. I'm so sorry for the delays in them. Been busy, and kinda forgot.:eek:

damn, I need to get rid of this body..........
I know what you mean about taking him apart, it would be a pain in the ass.

sounds good on the TFs. not a problem dude. I still have to get my bios out to you.

good luck on the wolf body bro. i have no doubt that it looks amazing. your skills are insane.

I should have left well alone.....
I just decided to display my (cleaner) wolf with the closed jaws and mask instead of the open jaws in the picture I posted on the last page,
one of the closed jaws would'nt stay in place,
it's as loose a fit as a very loose thing that got loose from loose city !
so I shoved some blu tak in the hole and got the mask on as quick as I could before the jaw fell out,
during this debarcle the spear fell off his back and the flimsy little pointed end broke off,
his main body armour came apart where it joins together across his back,
the black stand came away from the fancy alien head base and he fell over making the gun fall out of his hand,
now the gun has decided it won't stay in his hand without blu tak.
this figure is seriously NOT worth the £99.99 I paid for it.
I prefer my scar figure that came ready assembled and only cost £29.99,
that's the figure standing next to wolf.
bah !!!

:mad:

DSC_0008.jpg

there is no question about it - the hot toys figures are VERY fragile, which is damn annoying. the tip broke off my spear as well. and it sucks that you need a stand for half of them.

but i love them, and am happy i made the switch from McFarlane to Hot toys.

Back