HT DX05 - Indiana Jones - in-hand images

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll refuse the package when it arrives and curse the day Hot Toys was founded!

HACKS!

Amateurs!

You do realize you have to cut open the cardboard box before having to open up another box to even see the face sculpt. Good luck having the mailman wait for you to do that and then allow you to refuse it..lol..

You're probably going to get a good sculpt Butters, so don't worry. I am excited for you since I know how much you love this figure. I'm betting yours will be perfect.

Really digging this shot... can definitely see Indy in it. Funny how much variance we've seen on this one.

100_3429.jpg

Really digging this shot... can definitely see Indy in it. Funny how much variance we've seen on this one.

100_3429.jpg

I don't think the variance is between figures though, I think it has more to do with the photos...angles, lighting, distance, etc. I'm not a very good photographer (though I try really hard) but even in my photos, he looks different in each one:

IMG_4474.JPG

IMG_45253.JPG

IMG_4579.JPG

IMG_4567.JPG

IMG_4590.jpg

IMG_4593.jpg

The postion of the PERS also has a lot to di with it too, as well as how the eyes catch the light.

I rolled the dice and ordered him. As a die hard Indy fan, I couldn't pass on him any longer.

Everything I've owned of HT so far has not disappointed me.

Especially these new pieces with newly developed TT muscular bodies. Since the Bruce Lee, these pieces have become my favorite TT collectibles.

I'm just in awe on how these pieces are so solid and constructed well.

I'm really impressed with the CR Superman's constuction, and every HT piece that I owned hasn't failed me in looks once I got it in my hand.:hi5:

There is no way I believe that HT would make Indy a deluxe PERS piece and have it look completely off. For me, pics never do these pieces any justice, everytime I've seen these in person, I've been completely impressed as of late.

With that said, much like the CR Superman, I'm sure this is just as a solid piece of craftmanship in hand, and I can't wait to post pics side by side with the CR Superman.:yess:

If the production run is lower than usual because of the 'bad press' this figure got early on, I wonder if that resulted in a smaller-than-usual production amount?

Of course, even low or limited production runs means very little sometimes -- the supposed 4,000 HT Scarecrows are still easily had.

I rolled the dice and ordered him. As a die hard Indy fan, I couldn't pass on him any longer.

Everything I've owned of HT so far has not disappointed me.

Especially these new pieces with newly developed TT muscular bodies. Since the Bruce Lee, these pieces have become my favorite TT collectibles.

I'm just in awe on how these pieces are so solid and constructed well.

I'm really impressed with the CR Superman's constuction, and every HT piece that I owned hasn't failed me in looks once I got it in my hand.:hi5:

There is no way I believe that HT would make Indy a deluxe PERS piece and have it look completely off. For me, pics never do these pieces any justice, everytime I've seen these in person, I've been completely impressed as of late.

With that said, much like the CR Superman, I'm sure this is just as a solid piece of craftmanship in hand, and I can't wait to post pics side by side with the CR Superman.:yess:

That's a pretty apt description IMO, "a solid piece of craftsmanship". This being my first Hot Toys figure, I am impressed with just how solid and well constructed he is. Both the SS and Medicom feel kind of fragile and floppy compared to the HT (and I got a pretty decent Pro on my SS Indy). He holds a pose with no problem, stands on his own with no problem, and everything just seems well constructed. The only issue I had with mine was the keeper on the belt coming off, which I have since remedied. I was a little afraid of using the PERS at first, but haven't had any problems with those either.

If the production run is lower than usual because of the 'bad press' this figure got early on, I wonder if that resulted in a smaller-than-usual production amount?

Of course, even low or limited production runs means very little sometimes -- the supposed 4,000 HT Scarecrows are still easily had.

I wonder about that. It seems a little strange that Sideshow is now on "Backorder" as opposed to "Wait List". Does it all have to do with a smaller edition size? Will HT have more to send to SS?

I wonder about that. It seems a little strange that Sideshow is now on "Backorder" as opposed to "Wait List". Does it all have to do with a smaller edition size? Will HT have more to send to SS?

It seems when I've seen "back ordered" used before it was in conjunction with a split shipment and the remaining figures are coming on another boat. But I haven't heard anyone (retailers) say they are getting only half their shipment.

That's a pretty apt description IMO, "a solid piece of craftsmanship". This being my first Hot Toys figure, I am impressed with just how solid and well constructed he is. Both the SS and Medicom feel kind of fragile and floppy compared to the HT (and I got a pretty decent Pro on my SS Indy). He holds a pose with no problem, stands on his own with no problem, and everything just seems well constructed. The only issue I had with mine was the keeper on the belt coming off, which I have since remedied. I was a little afraid of using the PERS at first, but haven't had any problems with those either.

Congrats... I think it's a pretty solid as well as impressive figure to start off your Hot Toys collection sickness! :hi5:

As a long time avid collector of HT now, my first one was the Battle Damaged Terminator (anyone remember, the one that had the messed up face with the light up eyes, yeah, I actually got that one, that shows you how far I've been doing business with this company) I've collected everything from Hasbro 12" to Medicom to Sideshow, Triad Toys, and beyond, and i can tell you that I've never seen a company as of late, that takes so much pride and care into their work like HTs. They've come a long way since that Terminator piece. The only thing that remotely resembles HT is Enterbay, but even some of those pieces I have issues with. :lecture

I know people have been saying "Wow HTs are coming out with too much movie figures this year, it's overkill!" , my answer to that " That maybe, but somebody has too"

As a long as they continue to impress me with these solid representations of these movie characters, again I do mean " Solid" as of late, I will never get tired of their pieces or work, as long as I'm still collecting, which will never end anytime soon.

But hey, that's just my view on the company. :wink1:

My overall opinion is when it comes to HT lately I see it as simply this,

1. Solid construction or craftmanship, Solid articulation, at least close to a human's natural movements.
2. Solid representation of a character in a movie
3. Solid action figure period.

What more could you ask for in a 12" Collectible!
:clap

Quality to match price point. Not even talking exclusively about Indy, HT in general has just been bumming me out lately.

True, but it depends on the piece doesn't it, I'll admit the prices go a little farfetched lately, but some of the recent pieces like the CR Superman, I feel you get your money's worth. :clap

But to each there own I guess. :dunno

I don't think he's turning up. Does anyone feel my pain?

Ladies and gentleman... I got him!

He's sitting on my lap (in the box, not literally) on the train home.

Thanks for the support Bill Ray if it wasn't for you... Well let's not go there!

Thanks for

Back