HT DX05 - Indiana Jones - in-hand images

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No you're right about the leather ribbing in that pic... its just that there has been a lot of weird stuff in some of these pics throwing off the perception of this figure...the main one being the guyliner that just isn't an issue with the in hand product

Half the conflict on this forum could be eliminated if people waited for decent photos and reports from those that actually have the figure in hand.

I think we ask too much, though. :lol

Half the conflict on this forum could be eliminated if people waited for decent photos and reports from those that actually have the figure in hand.

True that Butters, I don't have any problem with the naysayers...my only issue is I think they jumped the gun a little early after a few lousy pics.

If someone gets the figure in hand and just thinks its lousy, fair enough...but just coming up with all kinds of good sculpt/bad sculpt theories based on no HARD evidence just doesn't seem logical...but this thread has quieted down considerably since more and more normal pics have filtered through

The only thing i have a problem with is the sculpt. The rest looks great. But its gonna to a very simple thing. Do you like it enough to buy it? I think things get outta hand when its over a fig that is considered iconic, such as indy. hardliners develop on both sides. Remember the big chap?? Its one of my favorites, but the hardline alien fans acted like those that bought it, spit in their moms faces.. i saw the errors, but decided to get it regardless. This is the same case. Imho

Who is we?

Anyone that didn't judge the figure because of those bad initial images. I don't recall you doing that.

True that Butters, I don't have any problem with the naysayers...my only issue is I think they jumped the gun a little early after a few lousy pics.

I don't have a problem with people that don't like something after they've got enough information to make a rational decision, but the trolls that constantly repeat themselves get tiring. It would seem that some are only here to find fault with everything...

The only thing i have a problem with is the sculpt. The rest looks great. But its gonna to a very simple thing. Do you like it enough to buy it? I think things get outta hand when its over a fig that is considered iconic, such as indy. hardliners develop on both sides. Remember the big chap?? Its one of my favorites, but the hardline alien fans acted like those that bought it, spit in their moms faces.. i saw the errors, but decided to get it regardless. This is the same case. Imho

I think you're absolutely right...to me it just seems a little annoying when people poo poo something before they see it in person...same with praising something...but you're right. This isn't the first time and it won't be the last

Mine should be arriving tomorrow!!!!:yess: I was never really on fence, always knew I was going to get it, but once the in hand pics showed up I had to have immediately.

Plus, I've decided to start ordering my HT from SS themselves, that way should issues arise I can rely on SS replacing it.

Anyone that didn't judge the figure because of those bad initial images. I don't recall you doing that.

I don't have a problem with people that don't like something after they've got enough information to make a rational decision, but the trolls that constantly repeat themselves get tiring. It would seem that some are only here to find fault with everything...

No, I kept saying people should wait til people who got it in hand gave us their opinion. But then that alone made me a Yaysayer, even though I never said it was perfect. After all the recent in-hand photos and opinions I did order this. Even though it's not 100%, it's seems to be the best Indy to date.
Agree with you 100% about the Trolls.

I'm afraid of seeing a custom Indy now, not knowing it, and thinking that's what I'll get if I buy one :lol

I don't want to mislead anyone by posting anymore pics of the upgrade I did to my HT. I'll stick to posting pics in the custom thread from now on. BTW great pics Mystolle.

indy22.jpg

He looks alive! :thud:

Amazing pics guys; keep them coming!

I'll try taking some snaps when mine arrives.

:yess:

Best pic so far. THAT is Indy. :clap

I wasnt originally going to get two right out of the gate like this. I was planning on waiting on the second, but with bloated head fiasco thing going on, I want to be able to compare and if I get one with a "fat" head like some claim to have then I want the security with SS if I need to exchange for a new head from HT.

But anyways, Im going to custom the second one into a Temple of Doom Indy. And I plan on parting out all the stuff I dont want/need with the second one.

I wouldn't worry too much Rzeznikk about getting a fat haeaded Indy since it seems most people are happy with what they are getting. Definitely take some pictures of the sculpt when you get it and post it. I'm pretty suremost members here will be able to tell you one way or another even though it is hard through pictures.

There is NO different sculpt based on the one comparison picture- the "bad" head is at a different angle- closer to the lens causing a notable distortion.....there is NO evidence of another sculpt based on that one picture- all the other in hand pics are different pictures at different angles

So every "off" pic owner is going to ask for a replacement head....HUH?????

Guess what...HT's answer will be to this if you try......you guys fill in the blank!

In any case, you can see from the pictures below and compare the one you get. Hopefully yours looks like the good sculpt.

photo96x.jpg

photo97.jpg

photo107fp.jpg

photo109yh.jpg

photo110h.jpg

Last edited:
The fat head Indy was a modified HS where someone widened the eyes. I think it was probably a recast, though, because it has a white PERS mechanism and HT only uses flesh tone ones. :thwak

You are confusing two separate posts - one was Tin's "fix" to move the PERS system further forward (where the PERS was white,) and the second posting was faststreets' one where he went to a HK store and took photos of multiple heads.

As far as I know, there is no connection between Tin and faststreets other than they are located in HK.

Not sure about the recast thing, but there has been one case where a complete HT release (Wolverine) was counterfeited earlier this year, so it is possible that these "fat heads" could be counterfeit, though faststreets could better comment on the store he shopped at. A PERS head also seems an unlikely candidate to do a knock-off recast of!

swsqueakquels you are correct. Butters doesn't know what he's talking about. If that was a recast in Fastreets HK store, which it wasn't, the paint job came out perfect..lol..As for the post that fixes the PERS issue, what an amazing work of skill and guts to mess with his new figure like that.

:goodpost: :exactly:Do people bother reading anything anymore?

:lol

I think you need to go back and re-read starting at page 86 where Fastreet first posted about this issue, and a few pages later you have the PERS mod.

You need to follow your own advice here.

Last edited:
I'll refuse the package when it arrives and curse the day Hot Toys was founded!

HACKS!

Amateurs!

Back