HT DX05 - Indiana Jones - in-hand images

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I still dont see Ford in the sculpt

Trust me, my mouse had been hovering over the Cancel button for my PO, but in the end I am really glad I stuck with it.

Yes, the figure has some issues, but they are really only noticable when looking at it from the side. With the hat on, it is Ford.

I do think I might give him more of an exaggerated stubble down the line though.

TWO great heroes... TWO great figures...

IndyJack.jpg

:goodpost::exactly::lecture:lecture Cant wait to have both of them on my shelf side by side!!

I too have just picked one of these up from ebay based on the latest in hand pics.

I'm looking forward to seeing how it looks in person and will dust him up with some Fuller's Earth to take away the new looking apperance of his clothing. Looks like Hot Toys did an awesome job of the miniature jacket - even the texture on there looks good and "in scale".

Has anyone tried putting a SSC 1:6 Indy Fedora onto the head? The SSC Fedora has got a more accurate "Raiders" tight pinch hasn't it?

Chris

Somebody tried the SS hat on him and posted a pic a while back and it didn't fit.

Also, how's everybody's whip so far? After just unpacking mine, putting it in his hand once and rolling it back up to put it back in the box it has frayed in a couple spots and one braid has broken near the handle. :mad:

Way too fragile of an accessory. I understand what they were going for but it sure wasn't the best thing to do.

I imagine the HT head would need the top chopped off to put a SS had on. And the extra SS hat that came with the figure wasn't made to fit a figure.

Overall, this figure is awesome! Things were a little iffy at first, with the prototype looking so off. Followed by weird pictures of sculpts being bloated, but I can honestly say, that in-hand, this is the best Indy figure yet!

Super happy with him!

Pros:
+ Likeness and accessories
+ PERS actually looks really nice in person (taking pics is a b*tch though)
+ Diorama looks nice!
+ Figure has lots of nice details, especially the shoes!
+ The box art is simplistic but looks great and fits the character

Cons:
- Collars of the shirt and coat are a little large (paperclip fix definitely does the trick)
- Headsculpt looks rather funny from the side (his jawline ends really abruptly, making it look as though his head hovers over his neck)

My overall score:
9 out of 10!

Thanks for this mini-review Ralph. I take you really liked the final production of this figure. Glad to know that. :yess:

Oh, TFS that vid as well. :wink1:

I always thought the HT sculpt looked like ford, even though many disagreed. However that Medicom Han sculpt looks HORRIBLE, whats with the eyes rolled into the back of the head look? It just looks off, the costume looks alright but the HT head sculpt is far more on key.

I haven't really messed with the whip much. I really don't like it. The one in his hand here is SS's permanently coiled whip.

The whip holder works perfectly. The magnetic clip holds even the heavy SS whip just fine.

I plan on getting mfishers whip whenever he decides to offer them again.

That looks really nice Coco!!
Is the Sovereign jacket better than HT's in your opinion?

I too have just picked one of these up from ebay based on the latest in hand pics.

I'm looking forward to seeing how it looks in person and will dust him up with some Fuller's Earth to take away the new looking apperance of his clothing. Looks like Hot Toys did an awesome job of the miniature jacket - even the texture on there looks good and "in scale".

Has anyone tried putting a SSC 1:6 Indy Fedora onto the head? The SSC Fedora has got a more accurate "Raiders" tight pinch hasn't it?

Chris

Hey Chris King, got a tutorial on how to use the Fuller's Earth? :naughty

My mini-review/first impression:

I got my Indy, he's a lot nicer in person but I'd say be on the lookout for wonky PERS. I had to check three to find a good set of eyes. Also this is definitely one of those where you have to find the likeness, the PERS are a real detriment to the figure itself. Other than that everything is real nice. Box is very heavy but it's to be expected since he comes with a ____-ton of stuff. Oh and one more thing make sure your Aldens are in place (some had gaps at the sole) and that your Fedora doesn't have any glue residue (saw one with some). Those are minor complaints but at this price tag it's something to look out for. One last thought I am thinking about transferring Indy to an Ezio body for more articulation/proper Harrison Ford posture. The Comedian/Wolverine body is too restricting in my opinion. Overall I'd give this figure a B+ to an A-.

Out for delivery!!

:rock Awesome!

I'm curious to hear your opinion on Indy, in hand, EVIL.

You're one of the very very few who I can honestly that say I respect around here, your opinions are always unbias and honest. Since I tend to agree with you 99% of the time, I value your take on a figure :lol

I still dont see Ford in the sculpt, but I am still interested to hear your review on the figure as a whole.

I think you pretty much said it with your last line there, Chase. Sculpt isn't as good as some of us had hoped for but the figure itself looks to be damn good as a whole... Of course, I don't have it in hand yet either.... not to mention the fact that you don't respect me because I'm biased and dishonest. :pfft:

Back