HT DX05 - Indiana Jones - in-hand images

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's perfectly fine.

The reason the other thread was closed is because some people really cannot tell the difference between critiquing and trolling or spamming. And, yes, there is a difference.
Though that is true, "LOL at all the douchebags who said this doesn't look like Indy at first! Boy are they a bunch of ____s!" is trolling just as sure as "Look at this David Beckham POS!" is trolling, and both are gonna feed into the other. There's been plenty to go around with this figure both ways, and they are about equally useful. As for making a distinction between trolling and critiquing, I'm not sure that anyone who has had a strong, stable opinion on this figure from early on is qualified to make such a judgment. Folks tend to see through certain perceptual lenses and once they get set in place. . .

In my opinion, this forum should be a place where we encourage honest discussions regarding collectibles. To say that you shouldn't post because you don't like a figure is only something I would support when someone is clearly either trolling or doesn't know when enough is enough. But if you guys feel that trolling is going on, feel free to use the report button.

There was a time I wished i had the Toys McCoy Indy. But now will have this one and it's a lot nicer, IMO. :peace
No doubt, it is nice to get an Indy figure of this overall quality. Personally, despite criticisms of the jacket, that's one of the main things I'm looking forward to. Even if it isn't tailored correctly or isn't as nice as some of the customs out there or whatever, it's no doubt gonna be heads and shoulders better than my Sideshow version.

So I have heard that no company owns the likeness to Harrison Ford, is that true? Is that why the sculpt is off?

I have heard that before and I've also heard that Lucasfilm a while ago made certain "generic" spec for how Indy would be portrayed in likeness on figures and statues, like the hat is a mishmash of the styles from the films and the jacket being somewhere between the Raiders and Last Crusade in look, plus the bigger holster always being used, those kind of things... I have no idea if it is true or not just thought I would share. :dunno

Re: HT DX05 - Indiana Jones - cookingmama

These photos makes me feel better!

indy04.jpg

I came back into this thread to see if I could make myself like this figure. This is the only photo that remotely makes me like this figure and apparently it's been p'shopped (is this true?). I would like to see more.

I didn't come here to troll and as always I'm genuinely pleased for anyone who likes this figure, because I'd like to own a HT Indy too. But I just can't make myself like it and I hope HT do a TOD version that nails it for me.

The eyes and profile are what bug me the most. Everyone should look at it from the side to see how silly the head looks.

It does look like Ford to me from the front except for those eyes! Not a fan of PERS on this one.

Question for those with this in hand. How does the hat fit as far as tightness is concerned? Do you have to really squeeze it on to get it to sit so low? Is the hat hard plastic or pliable?

Question for those with this in hand. How does the hat fit as far as tightness is concerned? Do you have to really squeeze it on to get it to sit so low? Is the hat hard plastic or pliable?

It's not "bendy" but there is some give. You can get it down much lower than I was expecting.

The Hat is pliable and so is the brim.. You can either place it on his head gently or push it down tightly no problem. You can get it in all kinds of positions. I remember when the hat was the number one concern with this figure from the proto pics.

the hat does look much better yes. aside from the likeness to me the most disturbing thing about this figure is the small head. has anyone transferred to an advance yet? I honestly think it will help...

It's not "bendy" but there is some give. You can get it down much lower than I was expecting.

The Hat is pliable and so is the brim.. You can either place it on his head gently or push it down tightly no problem. You can get it in all kinds of positions. I remember when the hat was the number one concern with this figure from the proto pics.

Thanks guys! :rock Yeah, outside of the sculpt, which I've grown to like through photos (Like, not love at this point), the way the hat sat was a HUGE source of concern for me early on. I think it gets glossed over, but the way HT executed the fully removable fedora is really a highlight of this figure. I never thought I'd see that pulled off so effectively.

This figure brings me full circle in a lot of ways. SS Indy was the first non-SW 1/6th figure I ever bought. I was suddenly looking for ways to upgrade it. Swapping bodies and buying my first TT I found myself surfing the SSF Forum for info. I joined and have been a freak ever since. :lecture

OK after opening him up and messing around with him for awhile I have to say I am very impressed! More so than I even thought Id be! I dont normally write "reviews" so Im just going to highlight a few things I noticed.

Likeness- Yes, way better in hand than the pics do justice. Is it perfect? No. But its REALLY Close. And I think the positioning of the PERS makes or break the Ford "look" I was moving the eyes around and I catch a glimpse of Ford then it would disappear and then its back again...really weird. Also the PERS moves around VERY smoothly this time around. This is my third DX (DX01 and 02 being the others) and the movement has much improved IMO.

The Box/Package- Just WOW. I get the box from the UPS guy and its a lot heavier than I expected too. The DX Box gives off this rustic/leather like appearance and the name "Indiana Jones" is slightly embossed. Which was a nice touch. I love the map inside as well. Excited to see what they include with Sparrow.

Very sturdy figure. Stands with out the aid of the HT Stand. Hat fits very well on the head. You kinda got to push down firm to get the hat to sit in that "low" position on the head, but it IS possible. As many pics have shown already.

The whole over all presentation of this figure is a 5/5 in my book. I love the backdrops. It adds alot to HT figures and I hope they continue doing these. I enjoy them.

THINGS TO WATCH OUT FOR:
-When removing the hair piece that Dr. Jones comes with my magnet inside the head above the PERS came loose so I was confused at first why the Hat hair piece wasnt staying on, so it was an easy fix just super gluing the magnet back into place, but just something to watch out for that I dont think anyone has ran into or mentioned yet. I probably wont be able to get around to talking a bunch of pics until after Halloween since Ill be busy, but theres been many photos so you already know what he looks like.

Im going to get back to googling at my Indy guys!!

the hat does look much better yes. aside from the likeness to me the most disturbing thing about this figure is the small head. has anyone transferred to an advance yet? I honestly think it will help...

Here he is on the Assassins Creed body. Look good to me and gives more elbow articulation and a slimmer neck. The body does have about a quarter inch longer ankle attachment joints than standard true types. So i'll swap that part out.

indy5.jpg

indy4.jpg

Back