HT DX05 - Indiana Jones - in-hand images

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yup. This is the end-all-be-all Indy figure. There will probably never be a better one. Time to sell the Sideshow voodoo doll. :lol

I love my HT Indy to death, but there is always room for improvement and I'm sure there will be a better one eventually sometime in the future, either by HT or another company (say...Blitzway??)

The year: 2000

kl241 on Toys McCoy Indy: This is the end-all-be-all Indy figure. There will probably never be a better one.

The year: 2008

kl241 on Sideshow Indy: This is the end-all-be-all Indy figure. There will probably never be a better one.

Never had the Toys McCoy one. :lol

I'm sure I will. I wouldn't have bought it if I didn't think I would. I'm just nervous about the sculpt, whether I get a good one or not, if there's even such a thing. I hope it knocks me out, but I'm preparing for just being satisfied.

Both versions of mine came out fine, I don't think you have anything to worry about. I haven't gotten a chance to really look at them side by side since my second one came as we were leaving for a wedding out of state this weekend so I couldnt bring my other one with. Brought the one that came today on the trip with us :lol

I don't see how they could possibly improve on this figure. The face is almost an exact match to Harrison Ford. Also he comes with amazing accessories.

Look at this: [ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mfL7ajT4qcQ&list=LLE0A3lJuWTMAGZht4O8nY_g&feature=mh_lolz[/ame]

How is that not incredible?

At least you had something to toy with at the wedding. :lol

You should put the two side by side and take a picture, maybe that would calm down, dare I say his name?.... Superman.

:lol Wedding is on Saturday, but I'm
In the wedding so I won't be able to do much playing then, but I will be taking pics of both when I get them side! And I'll be customizing one into TOD Indy!

Loving the fact that the head is $5 more expensive than it was yesterday.

Not loving the fact that my loose parts will be here before my fullset. :(

Well I got mine today and have to say it's a great figure..unfortunately not a great figure of Indiana Jones.
That being said here's my breakdown:
like: the pers system more than I thought I would on this figure
like: attention to detail on MOST of the clothing
like: the removable hat more than I thought I would
like: all the accessories, even though already had most of them
like: the 1:6 scale Aldens are crazy accurate

dislike: webbelt is inaccurate color
dislike: the shirt, collar, buttons and stitching are too big for this scale
dislike: think the whip could look better
dislike: the sculpt, some angles you can slightly kid yourself it's Ford

It's a great figure and if you don't have a Sideshow Indy like I do that has been customized it's the best out there out of the box. Personally I don't think Trevor's Indy can be beat after a decent paint job. I would say the price is steep but I've spent well over the price tag trying to perfect a custom Indy over the last 10 years, so at least it's a better starting place for someone than I had

Sorry this real late...Some quick pics
I like the Figure...It's Indy, It's Hot Toys....It's Great!

IMG_0352-1.jpg

I'm liking the PERS as well!
IMG_0353.jpg

Two Legends
IMG_0355.jpg

More to come...

I'm starting to notice this in the pics (huge collar esp.) and Michael Crawford noted this in his review. Bummer - it's either this or that SSC one with the balls for buttons and the tissue paper fabric. Is the Relic hunter one any good? Medi would be too small...

I got my extra shirt, pants and boots for the Map Room Indy. First thing I did was wet the shirt and pants and put them on an old headless body I use for that purpose. futzed the clothes, squeezed the collar between my thumb and forefinger and let it dry. Came out great. Collar looks fine. Will take photos tomorrow when there's daylight.

Back