HT DX05 - Indiana Jones - in-hand images

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We can probably all agree (somewhat) that the new HT Supes is probably one of the best HT production sculpts so far. How many other sculpts has Hot Toys done that come that close to the actual actor? Especially when you start putting actual photos of the person next to the figure. I really like my Thor figure, but it's really not as accurate when compared to a photo Hemsworth. Nor is Ahnuld's face in real life as menacing and blocky when compared to the HT sculpt and most of us think that figure is excellent as well. Barney Ross is an awesome figure, but Stallone doesn't quite look that good in the film. I think there is still more of a "heroic " interpretation to a Hot Toys figure than a shrunk down version of the actor in costume. Which to me as least gives the HT Indy a solid 8.5 out of 10 if not more. Just some thoughts. Carry on. :monkey1

I think we all agree that of all the released indys, this is the best so far. Not because of the sculpt, but all that comes with the set...
Is this THE definitive indy?? No. Why? The sculpt. Thats my gripe and why i havent bought it. For the $250+, it SHOULD have been the definitive 1/6 indy..

Im not willing to spend $250. Then have to spend another $75+ for another sculpt if ht releases a v 2. Or spend 150 + for a custom indy sculpt.
By this time, your over $300.
I have the Kenner Indy, The medicom indy, the SST. I would have loved for this to have been my last and definitive version, but it was not and im not willing to spend more cash.

Last edited:
I think he was referring to the fact that the Kenner Indy came out in 1982 (not the 70's, which is before ROTLA was released in 1981.)

:rotfl OK, I was just guessing about the date. Forgot I had to be accurate on this forum. Maybe I was thinking about the Kenner Han Solo which was the same figure with a change of clothes. But don't quote me on the date of his release either.

We can probably all agree (somewhat) that the new HT Supes is probably one of the best HT production sculpts so far. How many other sculpts has Hot Toys done that come that close to the actual actor? Especially when you start putting actual photos of the person next to the figure. I really like my Thor figure, but it's really not as accurate when compared to a photo Hemsworth. Nor is Ahnuld's face in real life as menacing and blocky when compared to the HT sculpt and most of us think that figure is excellent as well. Barney Ross is an awesome figure, but Stallone doesn't quite look that good in the film. I think there is still more of a "heroic " interpretation to a Hot Toys figure than a shrunk down version of the actor in costume. Which to me as least gives the HT Indy a solid 8.5 out of 10 if not more. Just some thoughts. Carry on. :monkey1

Sounds stupid, but at least for me, it matters more when it's Indiana Jones. Sometimes a sculpt can be off and still capture the "feel" of a character. I haven't got that yet with my HT Indy. Still I think it will grow on me. If not, I'll sell it.

The worst part of collecting is that expectations have risen so high. I remember when that Toys McCoy was excellent -- not in accuracy but in the fact that a complete little Indiana Jones was made, even with real socks! It was so exciting. Lots of forgiveness back in those days.

But as things got better, we demanded more. And here we are... bickering about jawlines and eyeshadow. :D

Great post! I agree, u remember seeing the toys mccoy indy and thinking back then, thats it, its the best! Lmaoo

Yes, quite possibly the best 1/6th Indy yet. But how could it not be?
This is Hot Toys after all. But it is not "Indy at his 1/6th best" not by a long shot. It barely looks like Ford for christs sake!
:thud:

Show me one better?

Rorywan is agreeing with you that it is the best 1/6 Indy made so far.
His point is that it is far from the best 1/6 possible.

The worst part of collecting is that expectations have risen so high. I remember when that Toys McCoy was excellent -- not in accuracy but in the fact that a complete little Indiana Jones was made, even with real socks! It was so exciting. Lots of forgiveness back in those days.
But as things got better, we demanded more. And here we are... bickering about jawlines and eyeshadow. :D

I think you may have hit the nail on the head here. I've been collecting for 15 years now and a lot of it is more the essence of the character for me, and I'm of that mind set. A lot of collectors now may have started with Hot Toys and expect a higher standard. I'm not so demanding as I don't upgrade my collection. I keep everything and just add to the collection. And to tell you the truth, if Hot Toys keep getting more and more expensive, I be more then happy with what I have. And just admire them from a far.

Back