HT DX05 - Indiana Jones - in-hand images

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not really, just tales a minute to figure it out. There is an illustration in the instruction book that shows you the basic correct way. I'm just noticing that I don't have the top part folded right but this was more just to get the stuff on him and on the shelf. I can futz tomorrow.

The only issue for me was how much the shirt bunches up around his neck. You can clearly see his shirt in my pics. That's because the combination of the shirt material and tucking the head dress in the back of the robe collar makes it harder to close. :dunno I'll figure it out.

You have to tuck the Turban into the collar of the robe? That maybe why it's bunching up. Don't get mine till Tuesday, I'll have to see it then. thanks.

You have to tuck the Turban into the collar of the robe? That maybe why it's bunching up. Don't get mine till Tuesday, I'll have to see it then. thanks.

You tuck the part that wraps under his chin and over his right shoulder into the robe. I think. I kind of just glanced at the book.

Last map room shot for today.
HT27.jpg

You tuck the part that wraps under his chin and over his right shoulder into the robe. I think. I kind of just glanced at the book.

It doesn't look like Cavlcade tucked his in. Maybe you can get away without tucking yours in. And he said his also has a shirt underneath.

Tried to give kingdom another go... Oh man it's a tough watch. Had to quickly put in some raiders to get the bad taste it left out! I only made it till the restaurant scene. It was tough to even get that far. And that was even FF some scenes.

Tried to give kingdom another go... Oh man it's a tough watch. Had to quickly put in some raiders to get the bad taste it left out! I only made it till the restaurant scene. It was tough to even get that far. And that was even FF some scenes.

thanks for letting us know.:wave

Saw it today. CRAP pure crap. Dramatic? maybne a bit i'll admit that... I like the hat. that's about it.

But still this is one huge miss from hot toys. The guys trying to justify the eyeliner not looking bad in person? Nope. It's there and looks awful.

I really hope Captain Jack looks great as this was a big fail for HT in my book. and I thought the Batman/Bruce set was bad.

Hoping Superman can make up for both...

Whatever dude

Whatever dude

It's one of hot toys weakest in the last 3 years. there's no question about it. there really is no disputing it...

but Im a really big Indiana Jones fan so I'm going to get it to do a couple simple mods just to prove that HT could have made it better but most importantly i'll get some enjoyment out of it after im sure... just like i did with enterbay's Leon which was also crap right out of the box. id like to maybe make him last crusade Indy... and map room is kinda neat.

then if im really still not feeling this is worth all the money i spent on it is gonna be sold.

OK I hate the figure but if anyone could make it look great it's Rory. WOW the white tux looks great, fantastic photos as well. maybe the natural light makes the "eyeliner" look better. I guess i should only be looking at the figure in the day!

Thanks Ray! But you are right about the headsculpt. Such a shame, it's a beautiful set. I actually thing the white tux helps some of the headsculpt issues because Ford had a lot of make up on in those scenes. The old movie star look. :hi5:

Good luck with your set, it's worth picking up anyway. There is some fun modding to be done here!

Last edited:
It doesn't look like Cavlcade tucked his in. Maybe you can get away without tucking yours in. And he said his also has a shirt underneath.

I didn't tuck the long wrap into the robe. I tucked it back under the headscarf. It basically does a loop around the figures neck and tucks back under itself. I didn't take any photos of the back and it is back in the box at the moment. Also yes, he still has the shirt on in that pic.

Some quick pictures of Indy. I think it looks alot better in hand and there is a resemblance to HF. Sorry for the terrible pics, using my iPhone.

Saw it today. CRAP pure crap. Dramatic? maybne a bit i'll admit that... I like the hat. that's about it.

But still this is one huge miss from hot toys. The guys trying to justify the eyeliner not looking bad in person? Nope. It's there and looks awful.

I really hope Captain Jack looks great as this was a big fail for HT in my book. and I thought the Batman/Bruce set was bad.

Hoping Superman can make up for both...

Agree. Well, you don't have to be worry bout captain Jack having the same problem, because he is supposed to wear a mascara. :wink1:

I'm not saying that I do not want this figure, but the more I see it, that sculpt just makes me say "pass" in my mind.

I said the same thing from the first showing of the proto but I'm sooo glad I took the chance and bought it. One of the best looking figures on the shelf. Really.

It has it's faults for sure but most of those that have actually got the figure in their displays have really liked it. Even converts like me. :)

Last edited:
After some decent time with the figure, I can say I'm very pleased with him.

However, the snap on buttons on the shirt are very weak so take care when snapping/ unsnapping the buttons. Mine broke on the sleeve (I may have to replace that with metal/ better quality ones.

ON TO THE PICS! (Sorry for the crappy iPhone pictures)

In hand this figure is outstanding from head to toe- so many bad pics here have clouded the real figure- luckily some nice pics recently- still, as with ANY HT figure- in person it looks truly remarkable and very life-like.

Back