HT DX05 - Indiana Jones - in-hand images

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Raymond, what eyeliner did you remove? Is there actual paint?

There is wor Gar. obviously the gap between the lids and the glass eyes is what causes the "eyeliner" look. However, the lids themselves, are painted darker. What I did was take goof off and a pointed tooothpick. I carefully rubbed off only the paint on the bottom lid, careful not to touch the eyelashes etc.

After i was done i noticed a few areas got almost too light, the purest color of the plastic. I then blended in a very slight wash of color to darken it again.

What this does is help lessen the look of the eyeliner. The lid is so thick that hot toys should have never attempted to color the inner part of it darker with such a big gap from the PERS.

this mod takes good light and a steady hand and modest amounts of goof off on the toothpick.

There is wor Gar. obviously the gap between the lids and the glass eyes is what causes the "eyeliner" look. However, the lids themselves, are painted darker. What I did was take goof off and a pointed tooothpick. I carefully rubbed off only the paint on the bottom lid, careful not to touch the eyelashes etc.

After i was done i noticed a few areas got almost too light, the purest color of the plastic. I then blended in a very slight wash of color to darken it again.

What this does is help lessen the look of the eyeliner. The lid is so thick that hot toys should have never attempted to color the inner part of it darker with such a big gap from the PERS.

this mod takes good light and a steady hand and modest amounts of goof off on the toothpick.

Apologies if asked before but is it possible to push the PERs forward so they are flush with the socket and eliminate the gap?

K here is crappy pics of the eyeliner removed on the bottom lid. I shot it in studio lighting, natural and natural with flash. It definitely helps though the lid is still thick and separation from the eyes to lid is still apparent.

indy3.jpg

indy2.jpg

For the record I can actually see harrison in the above pic

indy1.jpg

I don't see how that looks any different to Craze's figure, and yet now you can see Harrison :dunno
100_3474.jpg

:clap WOW! Beautiful shots. Is that the background that comes with the figure?

Thanks Toylion ! Yep that's the Well of Souls Background . It made it easier for me to take pictures without hunting for my own backgrounds like I normally do. I'm so over the apparent flaws of the headsculpt for true Indy fans this release should be a celebration ! :yess:

Apologies if asked before but is it possible to push the PERs forward so they are flush with the socket and eliminate the gap?

Don't know if you can since I don't have the figure yet, but someone overseas took the PERS out and ground down the inside of the head so the eyes sit closer to the sockets.

How come these "awful" headsculpts cost so much? Looks like I will not be able to get one for map room Indy :(

Maybe people are happy enough with the HS to shell out $70-odd to whack it on their custom Indy, but not happy enough to shell out $250 for the whole set? Or maybe people are very happy, enough to buy a second one to fit out both Indy costumes on the set they bought?

There was a lot of negative stuff said about EB's BD GoD Bruce Lee too, but they seemed to sell well enough on ebay. Good luck on your search - I don't think you'll have seen the last of parted out sculpts, so you're still in the game :)

Maybe people are happy enough with the HS to shell out $70-odd to whack it on their custom Indy, but not happy enough to shell out $250 for the whole set? Or maybe people are very happy, enough to buy a second one to fit out both Indy costumes on the set they bought?

There was a lot of negative stuff said about EB's BD GoD Bruce Lee too, but they seemed to sell well enough on ebay. Good luck on your search - I don't think you'll have seen the last of parted out sculpts, so you're still in the game :)

I hope so.
When I saw those GoD headsculpts in hand they looked great. In my opinion it was another case of photos not doing a figure justice.

I think it's a combination of HT getting the benefit of the doubt off of their considerable rep and Indy fans really hoping beyond the photographic evidence that the sculpt is workable.

Toy Anxiety had them at about $55. I'm sure they will part out more figures sooner or later.

They actually had them for $49.99 the first day. It jumped up to $54.99 the next day. If they do part out more I'm sure the price will go up again. Supply and demand.

I don't see what there is to complain about. This is the best Indy head-sculpt ever made imo. It is a 12 inch figure and Indy's head and face looks better the 22 inch Indy statue. Sure it's not perfect. Under the wrong lighting it can looks not so great, but under most lighting it looks good, and under certain lighting it looks almost flawless.

They actually had them for $49.99 the first day. It jumped up to $54.99 the next day. If they do part out more I'm sure the price will go up again. Supply and demand.

Yeah that's how it goes but still cheaper than Ebay I think. I've ordered an embarrassing amount of Indy parts from TA. Even if they do go up incrementally I think it will be worth it in the long run.

As far as the likeness, IMO it's definitely there but of course not perfect. I don't get the point of arguing about it since it's so subjective but I guess that's how it goes on the interwebz. :lol It is funny to me how people claim to see every actor living and dead in this sculpt but not Ford.

I've been very happy with it right out of the box. I see no need to get medieval on him. :lol

I don't see what there is to complain about. This is the best Indy head-sculpt ever made imo. It is a 12 inch figure and Indy's head and face looks better the 22 inch Indy statue. Sure it's not perfect. Under the wrong lighting it can looks not so great, but under most lighting it looks good, and under certain lighting it looks almost flawless.

The operative words to keep in mind; "In my opinion".

I'm not sure what you could possibly be looking at to declare that the Sideshow Premium Format statues aren't better sculpts.

Even the people that love this figure always state that 'its the best 1/6 likeness so far' to avoid that comparison.

Premium is definitely the be all end all Ford so far. it cannot be touched... hoping some day it will be!

and cheers Spartan Rex! kind of bad shots overall but trying to show the eyes OK. I think you can see a bit of Harrison in some of the shots

This is all I see when I look at the PF (which I own)...

Back