HT DX05 - Indiana Jones - in-hand images

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dcff012e-643a-4f7f.jpg
Thanks, Indyfreak! :wave

I said the same thing from the first showing of the proto but I'm sooo glad I took the chance and bought it. One of the best looking figures on the shelf. Really.

It has it's faults for sure but most of those that have actually got the figure in their displays have really liked it. Even converts like me. :)

Totally agree with you. I was thinking the same thing, and I don't even have the complete figure yet. I can't stop check him out. Hate the Moving Eyes, and don't plan on using it. But the rest of the figure is fabulous IMO.

After some decent time with the figure, I can say I'm very pleased with him.

However, the snap on buttons on the shirt are very weak so take care when snapping/ unsnapping the buttons. Mine broke on the sleeve (I may have to replace that with metal/ better quality ones.

ON TO THE PICS! (Sorry for the crappy iPhone pictures)

Great pictures. You did a great job futzing with him. Got the Turban perfect.

In hand this figure is outstanding from head to toe- so many bad pics here have clouded the real figure- luckily some nice pics recently- still, as with ANY HT figure- in person it looks truly remarkable and very life-like.

:exactly:

The conclusion I've come to, after taking out the PERS and rubbing off the awful mascara, is that the likeness of Ford becomes totally apparent! and then you put the hat on.. and.. gone. It's quite strange and I cant put my finger on it, but the hat and head together just does NOT equal Harrison!

The conclusion I've come to, after taking out the PERS and rubbing off the awful mascara, is that the likeness of Ford becomes totally apparent! and then you put the hat on.. and.. gone. It's quite strange and I cant put my finger on it, but the hat and head together just does NOT equal Harrison!

You dismantled the head and took off the eyeliner? Show pics

Looks like Ford to me.
HT33.jpg

lol, what mascara did you remove? The eyeliner in pics is shadow. :rotfl

lol, what mascara did you remove? The eyeliner in pics is shadow. :rotfl

That's true, it's just a shadow. Don't know what this guy is talking about.
VVVV

Saw it today. CRAP pure crap. Dramatic? maybne a bit i'll admit that... I like the hat. that's about it.

But still this is one huge miss from hot toys. The guys trying to justify the eyeliner not looking bad in person? Nope. It's there and looks awful.
I really hope Captain Jack looks great as this was a big fail for HT in my book. and I thought the Batman/Bruce set was bad.

Hoping Superman can make up for both...

It's true that the lid/eye separation causes a big shadow, but I did this as well with the one I just got (still think this is a bad set after fiddling with it bit for the record)

The bottom lid is shaded considerably darker then the skin tone of the face, removed it with goof off and a toothpick and touched up a few spots that got too light and i can say in conclusion it helped considerably.

That and immediately swapping it to an Ezio body. that muscle body was just a bad idea hot toys.

Everything fits and looks so much better and the head does not seem as tiny.

I'll work on getting pics up now.

Some Map room shots that I just took. I plan to photoshop some laser light coming from the staff of Ra eventually for my Flickr page. It's a really fun figure to shoot !

DSCN0444.jpg

DSCN0448.jpg

DSCN0467.jpg

DSCN0481-1.jpg

DSCN0476.jpg

K here is crappy pics of the eyeliner removed on the bottom lid. I shot it in studio lighting, natural and natural with flash. It definitely helps though the lid is still thick and separation from the eyes to lid is still apparent.

indy3.jpg

indy2.jpg

For the record I can actually see harrison in the above pic

indy1.jpg

Last edited:
All I can say is we're a picky bunch of buggers :)

I went back and looked at all the past iterations of Indy including the $2500 Cinemaquette, all the SSC PF's, etc and the HT Indy (albeit not perfect) is hands down the best likeness of Harrison Ford so far.

I picked mine up for $240 and couldn't be happier. It's an amazing piece and after having it for a few weeks now, I have a growing appreciation of it.

I went back and looked at all the past iterations of Indy including the $2500 Cinemaquette, all the SSC PF's, etc and the HT Indy (albeit not perfect) is hands down the best likeness of Harrison Ford so far.

I'm not sure what you could possibly be looking at to declare that the Sideshow Premium Format statues aren't better sculpts.

Even the people that love this figure always state that 'its the best 1/6 likeness so far' to avoid that comparison.

Premium is definitely the be all end all Ford so far. it cannot be touched... hoping some day it will be!

and cheers Spartan Rex! kind of bad shots overall but trying to show the eyes OK. I think you can see a bit of Harrison in some of the shots

All I can say is we're a picky bunch of buggers :)

I picked mine up for $240 and couldn't be happier. It's an amazing piece and after having it for a few weeks now, I have a growing appreciation of it.

Thst this one of the most solid indy releases? yes i agree. But the best likness? NO way..

Back