HT DX05 - Indiana Jones - in-hand images

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Glad you like him and I wish I felt the same.

I was very curious to hear what you were going to think, Chris. I still have your original Sovereign Indy from 2002 and it's still my pride and joy as far as Indy collectibles goes. I'm glad you're so impressed with everything else in the box -- yeah, HT does amazing work -- but I have a feeling I'll think the same when I see the sculpt in hand. Although I hope not. :)

Got mine today!!

:clap

This is how I want to feel upon opening this "ark".

And Mad Max would rock!

He looks pretty alright, but why does he look like he is wearing guy-liner...seriously it completely throws me off.

Im still going to pass until Hot Toys rereleases a better one. A IndyV2

Barker

My Indy at home :)

36ca8be2.jpg

Much better in hand than in pics

Sorry if this has been already asked/answered...
Anybody that owns the Sideshow Belloq pedestal and HT's,
which one is better?
For some reason, I think Sideshow did a better job, but want to hear from actual owners...
Thanks!
:wave

It doesn't in-hand!

Well if that's one opinion it's not unanimous because from my perspective, Yes it does. trust me. It's bad in hand, less noticeable in some light.

the eyelids are too thick and the gap between the eyeballs too big. they when went so far to slightly shade the inside of the eyelid. removing it does help significantly but you can't fight the shadow.

the guyliner is the number one problem with the head. Well number two, number one is that it does not look like Harrison Ford lol.

Well he's here! And here are a couple pics I've quickly taken. As I'm typing this he still is in the position of the pics I just took and he looks outstanding! Absolutely beautiful! More pics to come...

Well if that's one opinion it's not unanimous because from my perspective, Yes it does. trust me. It's bad in hand, less noticeable in some light.

the eyelids are too thick and the gap between the eyeballs too big. they when went so far to slightly shade the inside of the eyelid. removing it does help significantly but you can't fight the shadow.

the guyliner is the number one problem with the head. Well number two, number one is that it does not look like Harrison Ford lol.

I've got to be honest, there DOES seem to be a darker color painted on. Maybe a gray or something? It's not BAD on mine but since I noticed it, it does bother me a little. (mind you, not so much that I'm going to make an issue of it)
That said, I have yet to notice it in my pictures :lol
For me it's the opposite problem.. I see it in person but not so much on my photos.

Well you must have one of the dodgy ones than! Honestly I don't see until I take a photo and why look at photo when you've got the real thing!

Maybe someone can weigh in on the "in hand" experience? SSC's polystone Vs. HT's plastic...

Neither seems wide enough (SSC better in that regard.).

peds.png

I've seen the SS in person and own the HT. SS's is better in every way, but is considerably more expensive. I got the HT pedestal and idol for $25, which I felt was pretty dead on value wise.

I've seen the SS in person and own the HT. SS's is better in every way, but is considerably more expensive. I got the HT pedestal and idol for $25, which I felt was pretty dead on value wise.

I was wondering this myself. Thanks for answering some questions I had about this. I was able to find a SS one for $69 DLVD. So I caved and ordered it. Hoping to have it some time next week. I think it look(s) my impressive than the HT one. Will probably be selling my HT one now.

I was wondering this myself. Thanks for answering some questions I had about this. I was able to find a SS one for $69 DLVD. So I caved and ordered it. Hoping to have it some time next week. I think it look(s) my impressive than the HT one. Will probably be selling my HT one now.

No problem, I'd say the price is right at $70 for the SS version. When I was looking a while back I couldn't find it for under $100, which was just out of my comfort zone for the piece.

So gonna replace the body. I tried a few options earlier. The Bruce Lee body was all wrong. But I want a decent sculpted neck on a smaller body. Is the A.Creed body the only option?

Well you must have one of the dodgy ones than! Honestly I don't see until I take a photo and why look at photo when you've got the real thing!

Well one thing's for sure there definitely seems to be a lot of variation on everything from sculpt to paint etc. i wouldn't be surprised if some of them's eyes/lid gaps varies as well to be honest.

Back