HT DX05 - Indiana Jones - in-hand images

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hell, the bloodied face idea is great for this Indy -- never thought of it, but I always wanted to make a messed-up, dirty, truck chase Indy for myself.

Stoked to hear some of you guys will have yours shipped tomorrow! :rock

Trevor's sculpt is still the best, no question. But this one is much better out of the box. Not everyone wants to have to get a head repainted for the sculpt to get its due.

:exactly: and if the HT one were better id understand, but in this case?.....................

It's part of the whole cold-comfort "this is the best Indy figure out there" reasoning. In terms of the overall figure, I don't think people are even debating that. Some are saying that, if they have to 'settle' among the imperfect Indys out there, they'd rather settle for an imperfect SS Indy for far less money. Or use elements from different Indys to bash a better figure. (I still think that ToD custom that was posted looks freakin' sweet!) And some are pleased with or can make do with the HT release as-is. I myself am keeping my PO and I'm going to see what I can do in terms of posing and lighting to create the best effect. If I don't get good results, I'll start customizing (have to come up with something anyway for my "Tanis Indy"). But slamming the SS sculpt really doesn't do a thing to improve the HT one.

It's part of the whole cold-comfort "this is the best Indy figure out there" reasoning. In terms of the overall figure, I don't think people are even debating that. Some are saying that, if they have to 'settle' among the imperfect Indys out there, they'd rather settle for an imperfect SS Indy for far less money. Or use elements from different Indys to bash a better figure. (I still think that ToD custom that was posted looks freakin' sweet!) And some are pleased with or can make do with the HT release as-is. I myself am keeping my PO and I'm going to see what I can do in terms of posing and lighting to create the best effect. If I don't get good results, I'll start customizing (have to come up with something anyway for my "Tanis Indy"). But slamming the SS sculpt really doesn't do a thing to improve the HT one.

While that's true, it doesn't make the HT sculpt any better...those of us who think the SS sculpt is way off have just as much of a right to disagree when people claim the SS sculpt is hands down awesome and the standard to beat...I and others simply and respectfully disagree.

While that's true, it doesn't make the HT sculpt any better...those of us who think the SS sculpt is way off have just as much of a right to disagree when people claim the SS sculpt is hands down awesome and the standard to beat...I and others simply and respectfully disagree.

Agreed- I don't think the SS sculpt is superior- far from it!

I think maybe it's the fact that the SSC sculpt is considered the "gold standard" by so many that has folks dissing it. Don't get me wrong, I love Trevor's work, and it's a great sculpt, but not without it's issues too. IMO, the forehead is a little bulbous and the cheeks a little to chubby. There's definitely a lot of HF in there, but it ain't perfect. I think he came a lot closer to the mark with his PF sculpt, but that's a different scale so can't really be compared. The shrunken PF (no offense to whoever did it) looks way off to me. There's a lot lost int he process for some reason and his eye sockets look strangely recessed for some reason.

Let's face it, HF just has a hard face to capture. No one sculpt has ever made me say, "Wow, that's 100% Harrison Ford!" With that said, I, personally, do see an awful lot of him in the HT sculpt...but beauty is in the eye of the beholder as they say.

Trevor's sculpt is still the best, no question. But this one is much better out of the box. Not everyone wants to have to get a head repainted for the sculpt to get its due.

This I agree with 100%. If I had to choose between an uncustomized SS Indy and a HT Indy then I'd pick HT Indy.

A non-DX TOD Indy is a certainty, right? We know HT loves to reissue stuff.

They now have the complete Indiana Jones outfit ready for re-use, all specifically tailored to a muscle body (answers why on earth they would put ROTLA Indy on a muscle body when it's far from screen accurate and not even seen under either of the outfits...) - all they need to add is a new head, machete, stones and bandaged hand.

Despite no updates, SSC still has that TOD mine cart environment in development (they said Shorty had hit a snag...:( something about Data not going over well in China) and there was obvious synergy with the HT Arab disguise Indy and the SSC Tanis environment at shows, just like next year with TOD Indy in the mine cart.

The idea of Hot Toys doing ROTLA Indy totally came out of nowhere. You have to assume TOD Indy could be the same in a few months, right?

And he could come with the tux and non-bloody head - oops, that would make it a DX...

I like your way of the thinking! If HT ends up doing a non-DX Temple of Doom Indy I would certainly buy it. :clap

True, we all have a right to our opinion without having to be attacked. I think in this case, things would not have gotten as far as they did, had the indy sculpt been to the level of, lets say, the Godfather. While we bicker, we should not loose sight that HT is to blame. I for one, was expecting another last second HT save, like in their Alice release. I was waiting for the first pics to place an order, but didnt like what i saw. In my opinion, and its only a theory, they purposely released this figure with an inferior sculpt on purpose. They release the slamdunk Indy sculpt on a later TOD Indy. And what willl many do? Purchase this for the sculpt. The same story of Joker versions 1-4.

This I agree with 100%. If I had to choose between an uncustomized SS Indy and a HT Indy then I'd pick HT Indy.

No question about it. There's quite a few really nice pieces that come with the HT Indy while the SS Indy? Well, not so much. The Pro body was really bad, being the first time it was used. The jacket, shirt, belts, whip catcher and holster were all really poor, and the paint was about as bad as any figure SS has ever produced.

Other than the Faramir-factory paint apps, the jacket was thing I was most angry about with Sideshow Indy. The shirt was ridiculous too, but that jacket. Ugh. No amount of futzing could ever get it right. It was like Leia's dress.

I am late to the party but did I read correctly that SS is shipping on schedule?

Welcome all converting to the dark side. Seriously, great reading civil debates in this thread. :clap

I am late to the party but did I read correctly that SS is shipping on schedule?

In all the excitement of the release, it has been forgotten that its still very strange that HT released this figure at the same time on two continents. They've never done that before. I wonder if this is how it will be done from now on? We'll see with Sparrow. If not, 'tis very strange indeed.

In all the excitement of the release, it has been forgotten that its still very strange that HT released this figure at the same time on two continents. They've never done that before. I wonder if this is how it will be done from now on? We'll see with Sparrow. If not, 'tis very strange indeed.

I wouldn't complain simultaneously shipping......

Welcome all converting to the dark side. Seriously, great reading civil debates in this thread. :clap

Yes, I PO'd mine fron SSC and it will be here Thursday. Just got my UPS Quantam View notice.

Back